"Yet to Debut"

Summer Blease

Yet to debut  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does a fit Blease and Tapscott push out of the team? Batram/Bennell/Bail/Petterd/Jones?

We will be a team with massive depth and be a good unit whilst still relatively young! Ala Colingwood!!

The best part is.... not many opposition teams supporters etc know who Tapscott, Blease, Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Strauss are! Exciting times when they are unleashed...

What a good problem to have.

One wonders if Jones has been contemplating this same question lately? I love the kid, hear hes close to signing/has signed and that is really showing some loyalty to the club IMO- but lets all be honest- a Blease/Tapscott inclusion surely means a Jones to emergency list?

Football is an unforgiving unapologetic machine. It expects loyalty and offers nothing in return. Like life, it is tough. I'm sure football players know this as a career pitfall.

Tapscott as our Josh Hunt type.

Pushing out Bartram eventually.

Blease will make it, it will just take a bit of time. His confidence is the biggest thing.

It will need rebuilding after so long out of the game and the pain in his leg subsiding will make a difference too.

The best part is.... not many opposition teams supporters etc know who Tapscott, Blease, Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Strauss are! Exciting times when they are unleashed...

I feel he has the potential to make a Daniel Rich-esque type of debut year. An 80 metre player with a mans body already. Imagine we had that at our disposal last year? Considering we only missed finals by a couple of wins and we lost more than a few by less than a couple of kicks....

Is he likely for a round 1 start? Any of these boys are ready for round 1?

Edited by nostradeemus

No James Strauss?

No one think we need players who can penetrate by foot between the arcs?

Im with you Brock Machine. I would love to see James Strauss getting games. and i would even more love to see him breaking lines and pumping the ball long and hard with precision. but reality kicks me in the face as to where to fit him in :(

No James Strauss?

No one think we need players who can penetrate by foot between the arcs?

Yeah exactly chief. Strauss is the future maestro of the defence. Apparently he conducts himself beautifully when in full flight. Also voted for tapscott. Hanging to see this bloke just take everyone out

So, before we use pick #12 this year we already have 4 new recruits- all of which offer something unique, we have a pacy Rioli type (yeah I said it) in Blease, bullocking forward type with high wraps in Tapscott (pick 17 & 18), a potential tall and agile forward in Fitzpatrick and a potential beast of a ruckman in the Sandilands mould.

Honourable mention to Straus and Gysberst, had it not been for few games they shared between them, they would also be part of this poll. These two would have polled quite strongly one would think. All this before we even get to the draft table this year.

You would think at the very least, Blease, Tappy, Gysberts, Strauss would get games if not regular games this season. Thats 4 spots needed before pick #12 even gets thought about. It's gonna be tough managing all this. There are going to be some broken hearts this time next year that's for sure.

So, before we use pick #12 this year we already have 4 new recruits- all of which offer something unique, we have a pacy Rioli type (yeah I said it) in Blease, bullocking forward type with high wraps in Tapscott (pick 17 & 18), a potential tall and agile forward in Fitzpatrick and a potential beast of a ruckman in the Sandilands mould.

Honourable mention to Straus and Gysberst, had it not been for few games they shared between them, they would also be part of this poll. These two would have polled quite strongly one would think. All this before we even get to the draft table this year.

You would think at the very least, Blease, Tappy, Gysberts, Strauss would get games if not regular games this season. Thats 4 spots needed before pick #12 even gets thought about. It's gonna be tough managing all this. There are going to be some broken hearts this time next year that's for sure.

Hence y we needed to give junior his marching orders. Good position to be in whether u where in favor of the decision or not. Personally, I thought it was a smart decision.

Yeah exactly chief. Strauss is the future maestro of the defence. Apparently he conducts himself beautifully when in full flight. Also voted for tapscott. Hanging to see this bloke just take everyone out

I thought Strauss played this year- Debuted and played two games.

I think Tapscott debut is the most promising- will develop into an elite footballer but WJ's boy- will be the real telling one that will make us standout from the rest given time.

I thought Strauss played this year- Debuted and played two games.

I think Tapscott debut is the most promising- will develop into an elite footballer but WJ's boy- will be the real telling one that will make us standout from the rest given time.

Well yeah he did, but you know, 2 games isn't that much

Guest DeesPower

I answered the first question in favour of Max Gawn, not just because I'm his sponsor but because it would be great to see the 208cm ruckman run out onto the G and destroy those midget ruckmen like Jolly and co.

In couldn't agree more. He will be as important to us as Sandilands is to Freo. The thought of having Gawn in full flight with Jamar playing high marking forward and second ruck will be devastating in my opinion, and a crucial part of our 2014 premiuership setup IMO

I answered the first question in favour of Max Gawn, not just because I'm his sponsor but because it would be great to see the 208cm ruckman run out onto the G and destroy those midget ruckmen like Jolly and co.

As his sponsor no doubt you have watched him closely. Has he grown anymore and has his growth stopped. He told me earlier in the year the way he had been growing he may have got over 210cms.Can you confirm this? I think we all would like to know- if you would ablige-In anticipating a reply- thank you.

Tapscott as our Josh Hunt type.

Pushing out Bartram eventually.

And then E25 discovered Tapscott was a midfielder/forward...

And then E25 discovered Tapscott was a midfielder/forward...

You can pidgeon-hole him as a mid/forward all you like, but I'd actually like to see him play as a BP.

You can choose to disagree.

I think you'll find a lot of handy defenders at AFL level started as mid/fwds after playing there in juniors.

You can pidgeon-hole him as a mid/forward all you like, but I'd actually like to see him play as a BP.

You can choose to disagree.

I think you'll find a lot of handy defenders at AFL level started as mid/fwds after playing there in juniors.

I'd disagree with that a) because he has excellent goal sense, and B) because he can put it through the sticks from outside 50.

Would have been drafted with forward position in mind 100%

I'd disagree with that a) because he has excellent goal sense, and B) because he can put it through the sticks from outside 50.

Would have been drafted with forward position in mind 100%

Just like Josh Hunt was, you mean?

Was Josh Hunt needed in the backline? We don't need Tapscott in our backline seeing as our glaring weakness currently is the forward line. If Tapscott ends up a backman i'll eat my hat.

This is a great call and why I keep saying to all of my friends who excitedly talk about Scully, Watts and Trengove that they haven't seen anything yet! A team with Scully, Davey, Blease, Bennell and a rejuvenated Sylvia would be terrifyingly fast. Add the potential for speedy defensive pressure offered by Watts, Jurrah and Wonaemirri (anyon else think he gain a yard or two this year?) and we're creating an unprecedented group of speed demons (pardon the pun). Frawley, Garland and the forgotten man Martin are amongst the most lightning key defenders in the league. Please note my reference to Martin as a key defender. I'm on his bandwagon and am making the big call early that he'll be ahead of Rivers and Warnock by the end of 2011 and will form part of our future premiership back 6! But I digress . . .

Edited by Goodvibes

This is a great call and why I keep saying to all of my friends who excitedly talk about Scully, Watts and Trengove that they haven't seen anything yet! A team with Scully, Davey, Blease, Bennell and a rejuvenated Sylvia would be terrifyingly fast. Add the potential for speedy defensive pressure offered by Watts, Jurrah and Wonaemirri (anyon else think he gain a yard or two this year?) and we're creating an unprecedented group of speed demons (pardon the pun). Frawley, Garland and the forgotten man Martin are amongst the most lightning key defenders in the league. Please note my reference to Martin as a key defender. I'm on his bandwagon and am making the big call early that he'll be ahead of Rivers and Warnock by the end of 2011 and will form part of our future premiership back 6! But I digress . . .

Would it be fair to assume you wouldn't be bothered what happenes with Warnock? I have to be honest and say that Martin never really comes into my line of thinking. Although this changes if I consider Martin a Backline feature as apose to an all over ground experiment.. If Warnock goes it will only strengthen Martins chances of getting that permanent gig in the backline.

MFC isn't done with Martin I feel

MFC isn't done with Martin I feel

That's the spirit. 2009 showed he could go alright against the big opposition forwards. I can certainly understand why the football department tried to create key forward out of him but unfortunatley his natural footy instincts let him down. He's an absolute athlete and whilst his kicking is a concern I was impressed with his cool under pressure and his ability to create with long handballs out of trouble. I can see him being a 2 kick, 10 handball guerilla keeper. Every premiership team needs their, "how did he win a premiership?" player and I think Martin will be ours. Seriously though I think he has the attributes to hold down a key position alongside Frawley and Garland. As much as I love Jared Rivers, I have real concerns about his ability to keep up with the modern game.

Anyway how about those potential debutantes . . .