Fev's in Tropical waters again

dee-luded

You just can't help but suspect there is a faceless coterie with knives and an agenda . Fev probably never helps his cause much but there's an odour of week old mackerel about some of this. Brisbane looking for a fall guy me thinks

Of course there is, but the club is doing a lot of it themselves.

Have you seen the news that they have sent a letter to him claiming 8 breaches of contract that have previously been unknown to him..?

Unbelievable.

I actually feel for the guy, because I don't personally believe the allegations are true and Brisbane are trying to use him as a scape goat for the mess they created themselves.

(Not to mention steal his retirement fund).

Have you seen the news that they have sent a letter to him claiming 8 breaches of contract that have previously been unknown to him..?

Unbelievable.

I actually feel for the guy, because I don't personally believe the allegations are true and Brisbane are trying to use him as a scape goat for the mess they created themselves.

This whole thing is putrid. Brisbane are a disgrace. If i was Fev i would just shut the F up and sign nothing.

Let the players association go in to Bat for him..

Lets see if the AFL gets involved, if Brisbane are Lying....

Unbelievable.

Yep. and not just him but his kids as well. I had the pleasure of meeting Fev down at the Beach Rd Oval sandringham, some years back, when I was way down on my luck, & I had been laying on the grass, near the fence, watching the Zebs play. I got up & walked off when a voice called, "hey mate, you've dropped your Keys, & he had bent down, picked them up & chased after me, to return them to me. On turning around & looked up, I noticed it was the Fev, unpretentious, friendly & courteous, just doing the right thing, trying to help. then quickly & quietly left to join his mates.

It seems to me he's a bit of a throw back to my Era, just a lad who means no harm to anyone, & tries his best. Unfortunately, he has to battle his other side, the one of a big EGO, that can get him into trouble as he seems to not have learnt any limlits. Probs more a reflexion of his upbringing.

Anyway, he certainly struck me as a bloke you could trust. And one with integrity.

It is not his fault that The Lions gave him that contract, nor his fault that most of their key players got injured on that Rock hard ground, before the wheels fell off.

Not his fault that Voss broke the Loyal Fabric of that club. Causing much angst among the List.

I hope Fev gets a transfer back to Melbourne, to reconstruct his family life, & learn his lessons, he needs to survive himself & the modern world.

Yep. and not just him but his kids as well. I had the pleasure of meeting Fev down at the Beach Rd Oval sandringham, some years back, when I was way down on my luck, & I had been laying on the grass, near the fence, watching the Zebs play. I got up & walked off when a voice called, "hey mate, you've dropped your Keys, & he had bent down, picked them up & chased after me, to return them to me. On turning around & looked up, I noticed it was the Fev, unpretentious, friendly & courteous, just doing the right thing, trying to help. then quickly & quietly left to join his mates.

It seems to me he's a bit of a throw back to my Era, just a lad who means no harm to anyone, & tries his best. Unfortunately, he has to battle his other side, the one of a big EGO, that can get him into trouble as he seems to not have learnt any limlits. Probs more a reflexion of his upbringing.

Anyway, he certainly struck me as a bloke you could trust. And one with integrity.

It is not his fault that The Lions gave him that contract, nor his fault that most of their key players got injured on that Rock hard ground, before the wheels fell off.

Not his fault that Voss broke the Loyal Fabric of that club. Causing much angst among the List.

I hope Fev gets a transfer back to Melbourne, to reconstruct his family life, & learn his lessons, he needs to survive himself & the modern world.

Well said. For all his Faults, i have also seen Fev sit and Talk to kids in Hospitals for Hours.

I am just hoping this gets resolved quickly, but i have my doubts-The Bears are going to go down kicking & Screaming very loudly me thinks-But they will go down....

Well said. For all his Faults, i have also seen Fev sit and Talk to kids in Hospitals for Hours.

I am just hoping this gets resolved quickly, but i have my doubts-The Bears are going to go down kicking & Screaming very loudly me thinks-But they will go down....

It's true WYL, he just seems a really decent fellow. I feel very sorry for the enormous pain he's found himself in.

I think he's a fairly simple sort of person, he probably doesn't realise how he got into this mess. Just misguided boyhood innocence & frivolity.

I think the Media will destroy a person like him.

Unbelievable.

yes...aware of the letter of eight, so to speak. Also aware via same media that its very much a convoluted fiction as an atempt to wriggle out of a contract. Initially Brisbane dance the dance of the high morality suggesting breaches left right and centre and then announce they are all but looking to off load him irregardless of any findings as to the authenticity of these supposed and and alleged trangressions. read between lines they want him gone guilty or not. And if he's not guilty of whats been reported they'll introduce more and more trivilaities until they feel they have a dubious case.

This not about Fev being good or bad...just whether hes gone or not.

(who ever thought we'd be all but defending fev on this site..lol )

The thick plottens according to today's Sunday HUN - Queensland Police Grill Brendan Fevola

"Sources have told the Sunday Herald Sun Fevola told police the woman propositioned him and gave the 29-year-old her phone number.

The woman's husband is thought to have discovered the number exchange and confronted his wife.

No charges have been laid."

If what the sources are saying is true then I would expect some resignations at high levels at the Brisbane Lions.

What a disgrace the Brisbane Football Club has become, if this is true.

They've made a meal of their trading and now they are trying to get out of their legal obligations by placing untrue accusations on a guy. I mean Fevola may be an idiot, but FFS he has a family, and kids, and doesn't deserve to be wrongly accused of sexual misconduct. Shocking behaviour from a professional organisation.

The thick plottens according to today's Sunday HUN - Queensland Police Grill Brendan Fevola

"Sources have told the Sunday Herald Sun Fevola told police the woman propositioned him and gave the 29-year-old her phone number.

The woman's husband is thought to have discovered the number exchange and confronted his wife.

No charges have been laid."

If what the sources are saying is true then I would expect some resignations at high levels at the Brisbane Lions.

Now Legally where do Brisbane stand?? Having been stood down and Hung out to dry, Fevola should be within his right to absolutely take this club to the cleaners.

Unfair dismissal that was played out in the media for all it was worth.

Stay tuned for more.... B)

Now Legally where do Brisbane stand?? Having been stood down and Hung out to dry, Fevola should be within his right to absolutely take this club to the cleaners.

Unfair dismissal that was played out in the media for all it was worth.

Stay tuned for more.... B)

He was only suspended pending an investigation wasn't he ? I don't think he was dismissed.

He wasn't dismissed.

He was indefinitely suspended until the police had conducted their investigation.

The Brisbane heirarchy have a fair bit of bridge-mending to do, but they haven't gone beyond the point-of-no-return.

Mind you, this story sounds much more plausible and was exactly what I was imagining to have happened.

Fev still showed he is an imbecile by giving his number to the woman.

Damn fool.

Still, not deserving of the bollocking the Bears were winding up to give him.

He was only suspended pending an investigation wasn't he ? I don't think he was dismissed.

Fair enough, but really what is the Difference. Fev was excluded within minutes of this coming out. I think the Bears are going to pay for this big time.

The way they conducted this makes one think that they would love to dismiss him. He was suspended on the say so of the husband of the woman in question and they did so a day before she went to the cops.

It seems as if they did not take into account Fev's version of the circumstances and they left him out to dry.

Very poor form indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Reported on SEN: Queensland police say Brendon Fevola will not be charged over allegedly exposing himself to a woman last month. Insufficient evidence.

Over to you Andrew Demetriou.

She wouldn't show them her facts. And so they couldn't see the point. Wasn't worth the exercise.

Edited by dee-luded