Gysberts

Oh oh...you said "certainty"(re: Gysberts), you know what that means...it most often means quite the opposite. Then again, you may have miraculously nailed it ! Not hard considering they were mentioned high in the best from the Casey game.

JCB's kiss of death!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Gysberts would be a certainty if we weren't playing at 10am in the heat up in Darwin.

I think the club will hold him back a week or 2 so he can make his debut at home infront of his friends and family.

10am??

Not sure where the hell I read that.

Anyway, as jcb said, Gysberts a certainty :P

Gysberts will play this year... but i don't see the rush. He is still a developing player. He needs to get stronger and fitter.

If he keeps playing at a level above VFL, no doubting he'll push his way into the team soon

It looks to me his next opportunity would be against Carltoon.

I wouldn't bring him in now against the Cats,,, unless there is an injury & we're short in the middle.

...unless there is an injury & we're short in the middle.

Gys, you've got your first AFL game on Saturday.

Would be interesting (sort of) to see a midfield of Scully, Trengove and Gyberts going at Geelong. With Sylvia rucking as some have demanded.

Moloney is irreplaceable. It's as simple as that. If Trengove or Scully were the ones waiting in the wing, then yes, we'd have lost less. But Beamer is currently our best ball-up midfielder.

Geez I hope we appeal.

With Sylvia rucking as some have demanded.

Sylvia at 185cms in the ruck is a joke. With Bate back, Miller or Dunn (if he is in) can have a few minutes there, as they are far bigger than Sylvia. Sylvia can then slot into their forward position while they are rucking.

IMO it is ridiculous to ruck Sylvia and probably get him hurt as well.

If Spencer, Gawn or Fitzpatrick kick on we won't have this discussion.

Sylvia at 185cms in the ruck is a joke. With Bate back, Miller or Dunn (if he is in) can have a few minutes there, as they are far bigger than Sylvia. Sylvia can then slot into their forward position while they are rucking.

If Spencer, Gawn or Fitzpatrick kick on we won't have this discussion.

Rucking depends on size and jump. Sylvia has been relying on the latter in his cameo appearances. But he really isn't part of the answer. Dunn? Nah. Miller? Was good kicking goals and needs to concentrate on that to hold his spot. We either go with Jamar alone or we select a backup ruck. Jamar alone means Jamar worn out and/or injured before the season is out. Backup means Spencer.

And unless Maloney's appeal has succeeded, Gysberts is a lay down misere.

Edited by GOLF

Rucking depends on size and jump.

If that was the case you would use Watts as the second ruck and we know why they won't do that, we don't want him crippled. If Jamar is ok he needs about one third of each quarter resting and that means about 8-10 minutes for someone else to help out. Miller would be the one with Sylvia or Bate filling his forward spot. Usually it is done in sections and therefore 4-5 minutes at a time. It is not too difficult to organize. I just don't want a 185cm player in the ruck who is needed elsewhere.

Oh oh...you said "certainty"(re: Gysberts), you know what that means...it most often means quite the opposite. Then again, you may have miraculously nailed it ! Not hard considering they were mentioned high in the best from the Casey game.

Must admit- wrong AGAIN.Just like you are most of the time..

Inclined to agree. Just Bailey mentioning him coming into the side is enough for me. :)

That said, don't be surprised that when Bailey meant "soon", he probably meant in the next couple of weeks, barring injury. Not against Port. He might introduce him against Geelong down at "Skilled"...what an introduction that would be.

Must admit- wrong AGAIN.Just like you are most of the time..

Really JCB.....you should take it on board sometime.

:)

Really JCB.....you should take it on board sometime.

:)

Listen whom is calling the kettle BLACK-maybe you and others(RR)in particular should in football terms play the ball rather than the man.You may then gain better respect.

I wasn't advocating it... There certainly is a need for a sarcasm font. I was highlighting the idea of Gysberts, Scully and Trengove (all 18) with Sylvia in the ruck, and how that would be "interesting." But fir enough. I'll take the blame for the confusion there.

just watched the channel 10 reveiw of the game on the news, and it was a disgrace

they go "you have to feel for young gysberts, in a side that got belted, he lined up on gary ablett"

wtf!

gysberts had a very good game today and will prolly be named in our best ffs, jones was on ablett

25+ touches on debut vs geelong is more than handy and looked very clean

ch10 can go and get f***ed

Totally agree with your summation- and I thought it was a great start for Gysberts.

What a centre line we are going in have in the near future- Scully,Trengove,Gysberts & Viney to just name four will be outstanding..GO DEES.

Totally agree with your summation- and I thought it was a great start for Gysberts.

What a centre line we are going in have in the near future- Scully,Trengove,Gysberts & Viney to just name four will be outstanding..GO DEES.

I was one of i'm sure many who thought "who?" When MFC read out J.Gysberts at pick 11.

Great first game, and great work MFC. :lol: :lol:

Lock in the Rising Star nomination

I think Dustin Martin will get it this week. Given that the Tige's won and he apparantly played ok. Dont think he has had it yet.

Also not sure if AFL would give it in his first game? Even if he deserves it.