Tom Scully

jabberwocky

I would also like to stick my neck out and put it on record that I reckon the Ablett boy will make it one day

I've got a feeling that James Hird bloke will turn out to be a steal

Just so we don't jinx ourselves here with Scully I will now state that he is over-rated, can't kick and will break down before mid season. I will continue to so every time I see a thread pumping this kid up. That goes for Trengove also. Just too valuable to leave to chance.

If only I had been on my toes with LJ pre-season.

I would also like to stick my neck out and put it on record that I reckon the Ablett boy will make it one day

It's been shown before that young Nathan can't handle the pressure.

Not too many draft picks regardless of their number turn out to be bona fide champions, I am expressing the opinion this kid will. Not too hard to comprehend really....for most.

Clearly you're the type of bloke that waits for someone to stick their neck out waiting to chop off heads without ever offering anything of substance yourself.

Edited by dandeeman

Not too many draft picks regardless of their number turn out to be bona fide champions, I am expressing the opinion this kid will. Not too hard to comprehend really....for most.

Clearly you're the type of bloke that waits for someone to stick their neck out waiting to chop off heads without ever offering anything of substance yourself.

Where's the sarcasm font when its needed?

I am not sure you have stuck your neck out at all. All you have said is the bleeding obvious.

12 months ago Scully was already the lynchpin of our midfield! Draft watchers that know had said Scully was AFL ready all last year. He's class and I'm glad we have him.

And its not true about draft picks turning into champions. Do the reserch on the top 4 picks of the past 10 years. Some misses but alot of champion footballers. Barring injury, I can see no reason why Scully will not be a 10 year 200+ game star with NSM and flag honours all with the red and blue.

The small excerpts of Scully and Trengove only higlight what a 3rd world midfield we have had for so long.

Having played with Nathan a bit around the time he was drafted, I'd have to say his problem is that he is too nice a kid.

He doesn't have the killer instinct; he just enjoys playing the game with his mates.

I've always thought it was gonna be tough for him to make it cos he just doesn't want it enough.

I wouldn't say pressure would worry him too much though.

But I assumed we were talking about Gaz jr...

............................. Barring injury, I can see no reason why Scully will not be a 10 year 200+ game star with NSM and flag honours all with the red and blue.

Hey guys, that's the always conservative, balanced and pragmatic Rhino talking there!

I re-watched the last quarter of last week, at the game I hadn't noticed it as much, partially because of my s--t view, nad because the kid moves with such speed, but around the packs he is a gem.. managed to work the ball out to our advantage in some very tight situations, most years ahead of him can't do some of the things he does in his first match. Will be a star, and the only other player I have that opinion of already is Jurrah

Looking forward to seeing a few link ups with Blease and Scully in complex packs.

Whether or not either (or both!) end up a champion, a couple of good players capable of ridiculously 'catch-me-if-you-can' moment swill be a valuable element in confusing oppositoin onball groups and having little morale boosters mixed through a game, no matter how well or poorly other things are going.

I'll be excited when he publicly states he will never leave us and signs a 13 year deal. Irrational? Perhaps, but I will always have a fear (no matter how unfounded) that our dreams are going to become nightmares as they sometimes do.

Go Demons

Looking forward to seeing a few link ups with Blease and Scully in complex packs.

Whether or not either (or both!) end up a champion, a couple of good players capable of ridiculously 'catch-me-if-you-can' moment swill be a valuable element in confusing oppositoin onball groups and having little morale boosters mixed through a game, no matter how well or poorly other things are going.

Haha I keep forgetting about Mr Sam Blease!! I can't wait for him to get a run... if having Scully AND Blease in the same 22 doesn't send a rocket up the MFC backside nothing will!! This kid has serious pace can also get his own ball and has a great kick.. he alone is going to add so much vigour! When is he in?? Hopefully soon!

You just made my day! Bring on these Pies, we're gonna beat them! Go Dees

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.