• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bartram Cheney and Tommy Mac re sign

Dee Fan

:wacko:

Why the 'wacko' emoticon? I know I am changing the topic slightly but I just want to explore this a tad.

My (very) early prediction:

2010 - OUT: Green (onto VL), Batram, PJ, Bell, and Dunn. IN: Spencer, McKenzie, Pick 10, Pick 30, Pick 47

2011 - OUT: Bail, Cheney, Miller, and McNamara. Not sure on any of those. I can't see many others other than Pick 34 and 50 from this coming draft. IN: Picks 14, 36, 54, 72

I know it's a strange topic, but I have been thinking about it of late.

Why the 'wacko' emoticon? I know I am changing the topic slightly but I just want to explore this a tad.

My (very) early prediction:

2010 - OUT: Green (onto VL), Batram, PJ, Bell, and Dunn. IN: Spencer, McKenzie, Pick 10, Pick 30, Pick 47

2011 - OUT: Bail, Cheney, Miller, and McNamara. Not sure on any of those. I can't see many others other than Pick 34 and 50 from this coming draft. IN: Picks 14, 36, 54, 72

I know it's a strange topic, but I have been thinking about it of late.

Didn't mean to offend, but trying to predict 2011 delistings is.....well.....umm... :unsure: ....wacko! So much can change!

I like a lot of the stuff you post and know that you personally aren't, so I'll have a crack. However, despite my name, my balls aren't crystal so I can't be as specific as you. I can only catagorise players thusly;

2010 - Agree with Green, Bartram, PJ and Bell. Dunne is at risk but I would delist Newton & Meeson before him, hoping at least one can get promoted up from the rookie list to attain a pick. Dunne started as a promising forward and with his running capacity and height could pinch hit as a decoy KPP adding to his and our versatility. If he can't then 2011 isn't looking good for him. Junior will retire. Dropping 2 ruckmen is on the presumption Spencer earns a promotion and/or we recruit a ruckman in this draft. We also probably lose an uncontracted player to GC17.

2011 - Bail, very possible. Cheney I like and believe will kick on. Too early to tell with McNamara. Dunne and Miller are possibles and remember we will again probably lose an uncontracted player to GWS. Bruce might be gone by then and retire. Who knows what injuries will do and who will 'do a Brock'.

Edited by Crystal Dees

Didn't mean to offend, but trying to predict 2011 delistings is.....well.....umm... :unsure: ....wacko! So much can change!

I like a lot of the stuff you post and know that you personally aren't, so I'll have a crack. However, despite my name, my balls aren't crystal so I can't be as specific as you. I can only catagorise players thusly;

2010 - Agree with Green, Bartram, PJ and Bell. Dunne is at risk but I would delist Newton & Meeson before him, hoping at least one can get promoted up from the rookie list to attain a pick. Dunne started as a promising forward and with his running capacity and height could pinch hit as a decoy KPP adding to his and our versatility. If he can't then 2011 isn't looking good for him. Junior will retire. Dropping 2 ruckmen is on the presumption Spencer earns a promotion and/or we recruit a ruckman in this draft. We also probably lose an uncontracted player to GC17.

2011 - Bail, very possible. Cheney I like and believe will kick on. Too early to tell with McNamara. Dunne and Miller are possibles and remember we will again probably lose an uncontracted player to GWS. Bruce might be gone by then and retire. Who knows what injuries will do and who will 'do a Brock'.

Thankyou for humouring me with this tangent. My underlying point (which also brings it into how it is relevant right now) is that a number of fans want the 'deadwood' of 'list cloggers' removed all at once, but as we can see from this rudimentary exercise - deadwood is best moved off the list over years, lest you lose someone you don't want to lose, our recruit more 'deadwood.'

This may raise some eyebrows, but in terms of delistings in 2011 (or possibly even 2010):

Maric?

Needs to really step up over the next two years, otherwise his spot will be taken by someone else (e.g. Jetta, Wonnaeamirri).

I have a feeling he will.

Or perhaps it's just hope.

This may raise some eyebrows, but in terms of delistings in 2011 (or possibly even 2010):

Maric?

Needs to really step up over the next two years, otherwise his spot will be taken by someone else (e.g. Jetta, Wonnaeamirri).

gee - he's only 19! What's this penchant at Demonland for targetting kids. You have to give them time. He's got a lot of talent this kid and even did well when given a brief turn on the ball (where I see his future). Well poised and a beautiful kick he is also a good mark for his size. Definitely room for all 3 in the 22. Injuries can make chumps of champs (not that I'm calling Maric a champ) and it's amazing how players can seem to dramitically improve when injury free and have a good pre-season.

Consider my eyebrows raised :o

Thankyou for humouring me with this tangent. My underlying point (which also brings it into how it is relevant right now) is that a number of fans want the 'deadwood' of 'list cloggers' removed all at once, but as we can see from this rudimentary exercise - deadwood is best moved off the list over years, lest you lose someone you don't want to lose, our recruit more 'deadwood.'

Your welcome and your reasons are clearer to me know and I agree. We need our share of futurists here rather than the abundance of reactionaries so happy to contribute.

gee - he's only 19! What's this penchant at Demonland for targetting kids. You have to give them time. He's got a lot of talent this kid and even did well when given a brief turn on the ball (where I see his future). Well poised and a beautiful kick he is also a good mark for his size. Definitely room for all 3 in the 22. Injuries can make chumps of champs (not that I'm calling Maric a champ) and it's amazing how players can seem to dramitically improve when injury free and have a good pre-season.

Consider my eyebrows raised :o

By the end of 2011 he will have had 4 seasons at the club and will be 21. I was suggesting that, by then, if he hasn't improved he might be a candidate for delisting. Of course he could improve within 2 years to the point that he cracks back into the side. But from what I've seen of him I'm not sure yet that he will end up good enough to stay on the list.

FWIW, when you were discussing possible 2011 delistings, you put forward Bail. I was simply saying that, come the end of 2011, Maric will need to have improved from where he is at now, else there's a good chance he won't last. Exactly what you've said about Bail.

Trying to work out who will be cut from the list 24 months from now is not exactly a science. I'd love for Maric to stick it up me.

I have a feeling he will.

Or perhaps it's just hope.

I think I'm in the same boat.

I see something in him and I'm just yearning for him to take that next step, but somewhere in the pit of my stomach I feel like he may never do that.

Edit: But, considering some of the 2nd-rate players we still have on the list, he should get ample opportunity to develop.

I expect us, like many teams, to make the minimum number of changes for the next 2 drafts after this one and so far he's better than at least 6 players on the list.

Edited by Keyser Söze

By the end of 2011 he will have had 4 seasons at the club and will be 21. I was suggesting that, by then, if he hasn't improved he might be a candidate for delisting. Of course he could improve within 2 years to the point that he cracks back into the side. But from what I've seen of him I'm not sure yet that he will end up good enough to stay on the list.

FWIW, when you were discussing possible 2011 delistings, you put forward Bail. I was simply saying that, come the end of 2011, Maric will need to have improved from where he is at now, else there's a good chance he won't last. Exactly what you've said about Bail.

Trying to work out who will be cut from the list 24 months from now is not exactly a science. I'd love for Maric to stick it up me.

Oooh Titan, love you dearly however, not only do I think he'll stick it up you but do so while you are laying on an ants next covered in treacle!

:lol:

Yes, well I hope he does...

Play well, I mean.

Like I said, though, I'm not sure he has it in him.

In what little I've seen he has shown, pace and genuine football nous - including excellent body work for such a young small player. However its early day's and anything could go wrong. No sense in getting too long on the treacle futures market just yet.