Brent Moloney interviewed on SEN

Pinball Wizard

Brent Moloney was interviewed on SEN this morning. He was introduced as the runner up in the Demons b & f and a club leader. Beamer opened by paying tribute to Jimmy Stynes whose appearance was inspirational. He expressed the view that is held by all that he hopes Jim comes good. It was fantastic having him at the full house evening for the count this week.

Brent said the team was an exciting young group with a real future. Asked about Jack Watts, he said the youngster was looking very good and had joined the boys for a run around the tan. Jack has a couple more exams to go and then he'll join in full training.

Brent said he wasn't stirring Brock with his words on the night. Brock's a good mate but his descision to go elsewhere was very disappointing. However, that's his decision and from the players' point of view they're focussed on the future and if someone isn't interested in that then so be it. 

The interviewers were very impressed to see for possibly the first time ever such a strong statement about a leader of the direction the club is taking. When asked whether he would put his hand up to take on McLean when they take on Carlton next year, Beamer said it wasn't up to him but since he plays in the midfield, their paths will cross.

On the question of how the team is expected to go next year Moloney was reticent. He's hopeful we will win more games but at this point the idea is to be competitive and the wins will come. 

Good on Beamer for making a statement over McLean's pathetic retreat to that nest of vipers over at Visy Park. I'm going to enjoy given them a pantsing when our young team matures and becomes the power of the competition.

I like your passion, but as the ultimate pessimist I think it'll be a couple of years for us before this happens. But mark my words, it will happen.

I like your passion, but as the ultimate pessimist I think it'll be a couple of years for us before this happens. But mark my words, it will happen.

It will take a while - but we have to show tangible progress this year. Otherwise doubters will start questioning the coach, the media will start stirring the pot, the players will lose confidence................ and unlike this year we won't have a priority pick to look forward to

I get the impression that the club has asked coaches/players to not talk "wins" in the media. It would be a mistake to come out and say how many wins the club expects in 2010. However, I hope internally we are looking to win 6-10 and not just to "avoid coming last..." - DB.

Also I think Moloney would be a fantastic captain. Passionate about the club and never takes a backward step.

Edited by The Russian

I get the impression that the club has asked coaches/players to not talk "wins" in the media. It would be a mistake to come out and say how many wins the club expects in 2010. However, I hope internally we are looking to win 6-10 and not just to "avoid coming last..." - DB.

I think that is the case at most Clubs. They are all focussing on improvement, the 8 or top 4 depending on where they finished the prior year and what their aspirations are for the coming year.

Also I think Moloney would be a fantastic captain. Passionate about the club and never takes a backward step.

Going into the '08 season, Bails said it'd be wrong of him to come out and say how many wins he expects from the team ... But obviously he'd be hoping for a big improvement on the last 3 years.

Guest hangon007

Well said! Moloney adds so much more than just football ability. He is red & blue thru & thru.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.