The Luke Tapscott Thread

Tap..Tap..Tappy..

Luke Tapscott (North Adelaide, SA)

Height: 180cm, Weight: 86kg, DOB: 28/06/91

Recruited from: Orroroo

Powerful forward/midfielder with great hands. Foot skills and ball winning abilities are both exceptional. Strong performer for SA at NAB AFL U18 Championships with 30 inside 50s, nine goals and All-Australian honours

Big bodied medium forward/midfielder that is very strong overhead and has great nous for goals.

Luke has been named in the NAB 2009 U18 All Australian Team

From what I have seen from Luke, he is one of the medium sized forward who is already built like a house, strong, uses his body well and has that grunt that Melbourne need!!

We have Bate who is essentially a medium forward with strength, but apart from Bate, who else do we have? We need to develop this area of the club...Too many skinny kids in there that are small forwards..We need someone who can make the forward 50 his own and hold his ground, take a strong mark, kick goals and show some forward pressure and grunt...

Some recruiters liked his body shape and style to Leigh Matthews which is a pretty massive wrap...

Would this guy slip through to Pick 11 (should the Mclean deal go through) ? Or would someone like Port snap him up before we get the chance?

Edited by L J

From what I have seen from Luke, he is one of the medium sized forward who is already built like a house, strong, uses his body well and has that grunt that Melbourne need!!

We have Bate who is essentially a medium forward with strength, but apart from Bate, who else do we have? We need to develop this area of the club...Too many skinny kids in there that are small forwards..We need someone who can make the forward 50 his own and hold his ground, take a strong mark, kick goals and show some forward pressure and grunt...

Colin Slyvia springs to mind? Ricky Pettard as well, Brad Green perhas as well. I think we have bigger concerns but if he does slip beyond pick 18 he will def. be worth a crack

Edited by Crackers

i think if we draft Trengove, he will be mainly played at HF or HB i his first season with stints in the midfield, so i think the role that Tapscott would play would be filled by Trengove and Aussie will be back this season

i think if we draft Trengove, he will be mainly played at HF or HB i his first season with stints in the midfield, so i think the role that Tapscott would play would be filled by Trengove and Aussie will be back this season

You make a good point. I don't think he will slide to pick 11. Port will grab him if he gets to 10 anyway.

Luke Tapscott (North Adelaide, SA)

Height: 180cm, Weight: 86kg, DOB: 28/06/91

Recruited from: Orroroo

Powerful forward/midfielder with great hands. Foot skills and ball winning abilities are both exceptional. Strong performer for SA at NAB AFL U18 Championships with 30 inside 50s, nine goals and All-Australian honours

Big bodied medium forward/midfielder that is very strong overhead and has great nous for goals.

Luke has been named in the NAB 2009 U18 All Australian Team

Some recruiters liked his body shape and style to Leigh Matthews which is a pretty massive wrap...

Would this guy slip through to Pick 11 (should the Mclean deal go through) ? Or would someone like Port snap him up before we get the chance?

Do you prefer Sylvia through the midfield or the forward line though?

Definitely his best games this season past have been through the midfield...

Green I think should slot into the forward line, but he potentially could be used in that sweeper role down back as he has been....Unless this has been left to Bruce..

I really don't think he is going to make it to pick 11. He's a machine. He's got a massive kick on him and knows where the goals are. He's AFL ready made. Would be able to rotate through the midfield as well. If he is available at pick 11 we would be fools not to pick him up. He would clearly be best available.

We would still be able to pick up Carlise or Griffiths at 18.

I did say this in the Trengrove thread, but he and Trengrove are best mates, and he looks like a small foward that plays tall. Could it be like the Jetta, Bennel draft, draft two best mates? Might help them settle in and make them less likely to go home

We have enough medium forwards who can go through midfield

We desperately need a BIG bodied forward who can take attention off Watts and LJ

Panos is a better option at 11 or 18 than Tapscott in relation to team needs, IMO

Colin Slyvia springs to mind? Ricky Pettard as well, Brad Green perhas as well. I think we have bigger concerns but if he does slip beyond pick 18 he will def. be worth a crack

Ricky Pettard is not a grunt player. Have you seen his arms? They're twigs. He needs to do some serious time in the gym, if he's to develop into that sort of player. I'd certainly go Tapscott at 18, but I'd be looking for a tall forward with pick 11.

Ricky Pettard is not a grunt player. Have you seen his arms? They're twigs. He needs to do some serious time in the gym, if he's to develop into that sort of player. I'd certainly go Tapscott at 18, but I'd be looking for a tall forward with pick 11.

Don't let his skinny arms fool you. Remember round 4 of this year against Richmond, that free kick he got in the last quarter? That was from a tackle where he threw Polo to the ground with one arm - just picked him up and slung him to the ground.

Anyway, I thought Tapscott was more up around the 190cm mark. Might be a little short for us.

I'm not saying he's soft, I'm merely pointing that he's not a physical threat to most players, that a built Tapscott would be. Dean Polo is equally small and just as easy to throw as a little child. I stand by my point. And Tapscott's height isn't a factor for me, as we'd be going after a taller forward with pick 11. Besides, from what I've seen he can play taller than 190.

Edited by AdamFarr