• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Forward thinking

beelzebub

OK.. Yesterday gave me some ideas of how things may look going forward

Wonna Watts Maric

xxxx Martin Jurrah

the "x" is obviously undecided, for me. Some will put Davey there..I think thats a waste..but suffice to say there is something there to get really happy about.

Swap Jurrah and maric is you like, but in this day and age a forward line is really a total unit and must work as one.

The back line is sorting itself out.. Warnock, Cheney Garland, Rivers ,Grimes, Bennel etc etc..

The middle..well................ theres a draft coming

Point being..I think martin might be that missing link of a kpp CHF we've been after..and to think hes been there all along..lol. :)

your thoughts ??

Sylvia will spend time down there as well.

He is so dangerous close to goal, but Baily cant afford to take him from the midfield too ofren at the moment.

My ideal forward line in 2 years time -

HF - Sylvia Watts Davey

F - Martin Jurrah Woneamirri

I think Jurrah will relish a littel space.. so a pocket or flank migh t better suit. Give him an inch and he wil be dangerous.. give him some acreage and he'll be an opposition coach's nightmare ;) he will go looking for it.. hes very confident in himself and probably rightly so. So good to see someone understand what they are really about. Very refreshing.

Col on a flank.. as a sort of 'stay on field-resting role' ..for sure.. But they just dont do that these days ...stupid coaches :rolleyes:

I like Petterd up forward, yesterday he proved himself quite capable.

And of course putting Davey there would provide some of his goal-kicking magic I miss when he's further upfield!!! Watts needs to develop a fair bit before he'd be considered for full-forward, I'd have thought.....

If we are talking about 2 years from now then I would love to see Greeny head back into the forward line from time to time. Should have some decent mids to allow him to return. Hopefully he still has his accuracy boots from back in the day.

my thoughts refer to starting position 2010 ;)

I dont know why players arent rested ( so to speak ) up forward anymore..some work well in a pocket ..others on flanks.. ..beats me :blink:

If youre hot..just stuffed,,,why come off the ground.. just dumb for mine .

Wonna Watts Maric

xxxx Martin Jurrah

the "x" is obviously undecided, for me. Some will put Davey there..I think thats a waste..but suffice to say there is something there to get really happy about.

Swap Jurrah and maric is you like, but in this day and age a forward line is really a total unit and must work as one.

The back line is sorting itself out.. Warnock, Cheney Garland, Rivers ,Grimes, Bennel etc etc..

Point being..I think martin might be that missing link of a kpp CHF we've been after..and to think hes been there all along..lol. :)

your thoughts ??

Bate Watts Maric

Wonna Martin Jurrah

I understand bates flaws, however in a better team, I think he's very dangerous. I remember when he would routinely put balls laces out on Neitzs nose from long distance. I know how looks a little ungainly (He is a red head) The key for me is when Watts is ready to grab games by the gouli's

Unitl thism we have to bear with Brad Miller

I think Petterd is more suited in a forward role, and Bate looked very fumbly throughout the game yesterday, although when he marks it he usually kicks it well. Speaking of Petterd, does anyone know why he got reported? All I saw was Darren Glass shirt fronting him into the ground agressively a few times in a row, Barry Hall style.

yeh, he swore at the umpire. I hope Glass goes on a video charge for his rough play, that was a disgrace. I distinctly remember yelling "Report him!" and then the idiot umpire took Petterd's number!

If we are talking about 2 years from now then I would love to see Greeny head back into the forward line from time to time. Should have some decent mids to allow him to return. Hopefully he still has his accuracy boots from back in the day.

Still think Green does most of his damage in the forward 50. If we draft Scully, Morabito or Trengrove, Green will be very effective leading out.

Morton Watts Bate

Wona Green Jurrah

No bail out options but delivery should be better with SMT, Aussie, Strauss, Blease, Mclean, Grimes.

Bate's going to be a dangerous third tall. for u rpfc.

Get Morton and Watts in the gym and make them our keys both are similar in weight and height and Morton has a bigger engine. I would still prefer Martin CHB. Maric will have to improve for me to think that he is part of our forward line. Somebody told me that he was talking to Connelly and he told him that Green would definately be forward if we had a better midfield.

HF: SYLVIA, MORTON, GREEN

F: JURRAH, WATTS, WONAEAMIRRI

There should be more love for Bate, his has been our most consistent forward this year. Provides a great target.

Man, I am constantly defending him on this forum.

I just think he is better than people give him credit.

There should be more love for Bate, his has been our most consistent forward this year. Provides a great target.

Man, I am constantly defending him on this forum.

I just think he is better than people give him credit.

I agree, and I've heard Connolly mention him very highly when discussing how good he expects our team in 3 years time to be. I believe he's very much in our plans. Never as the number 1 or even 3 forward, but I reckon once he's getting the number 3 on a regular basis, in a forward line that has some sense of stability and structure, he's going to be important

Wonna Watts Maric

xxxx Martin Jurrah

your thoughts ??

Teach Martin How to kick & he will be dangerous. Some promising moments yesterday

Sam Blease will slot in very nicely rotating through the middle & into this New Forward line.

Only seen him play twice but he looks electrifying & capable of breaking the line's.

& can't help thinking Cale Morton with a bigger upper body could also be very menacing across half Forward.

Definately light @ the end of the tunnel appearing.

F: Wonaeamirri Martin Maric

HF: Jurrah Watts Bate

Then there's Sylvia, Davey, Jetta, Morton, Green who can all play forward

We need to pick midfielders with picks 1 and 2

By the way I liked the look of Petterd up forward on the weekend.

Thought he was going ok earlier in the year also, and wasnt happy he got dropped.

Kid can play.

X marks the spot for the resting midfielder.

That could be Sylvia or Davey, or one of the kids we pick up this year ie Trengove, Morabito or Lucas.

A successful forward line has good rotations. We need 9 or 10 players who can rotate through and can kick goals, just 6 won't cut it.

not to self serve, but thought after a couple of wins and some more looks at teh would be prospects I am more sure now that we dont need th elikes of Butcher etc as an inclusion into our forward fire power.

Jurrah..well.. words are all but pointless. This guy will grow and grow in strength and effectiveness. He is that "X" factor we have Soooo needed !!. Curiously both he and Watts are going to present an amazing headache for oppositoins in years to come as both can very easily move up the field. And if an opponent tries that as a defensive tactic its only going to open a can of worms for them as it might just make it easier for one to feed the other.

Im still in two minds about Robbo but he might serve a handy purpose as actually playing a deadly "small". Yes I know he's over 6 foot but realtively he could become our 3rd tall and act more as a high leaping crumber ( again..realise its all but an oxymoron ) in his ability to feed off the deck, when he gets up off of it..lol. For a time Robbo has had to take the #1 defender but free him up...and.... :)

Maric , Wonna and Petterd all have ability inside 50. Davey is no slouch. Possibly, Im thinking today , that Martin might be better suited to a defensive role but should matchups and games dictate can be switched forward. In fact the options with Watts, Martin and Jurrah become very interesting. There's acoming quite a versatility amongst many Demons. Some games this or that plaer isnt firing or being held, so we switch it all up... re-roll the dice, its a handy trick from the bag !!

Jetta and Grimes throw more spice into the pot as well...as they provide delivery. Appreciate there are others for this as well but they will be around for some time I feel. I especially like the way Jack (G) straightens up goinf forwards... good vision as indeed did Jurrah display. Thankgod we're starting to get a few blokes who really know how to play smart footy :)

not to self serve, but thought after a couple of wins and some more looks at teh would be prospects I am more sure now that we dont need th elikes of Butcher etc as an inclusion into our forward fire power.

Jurrah's a great third tall. Who are our first and second talls?

You might be in two minds about Robbo but whichever way you lean he's nearing the end. You've decided Martin's better in defence. Miller's not getting a gig in what's been the bottom side, while Newton seems even further away.

We're banking on Watts making it, and assuming he does that's one. Who's the second (let alone what happens if Watts somehow doesn't make it)?

well lets see Watts is 196 with still something left to come, Jurrah is 191 ( thankfully short of th edreaded 192..pmsl ) so go on..have a guess Rogue :rolleyes:

Both Watts and Jurrah will benefit from another solid preseason. Will be Watts first full one really. Jurrah emphatically told us , and all, that he's arrived. He'll just get better. Your concerns seem to center on Watts. My opinion is he'll come on just fine. Agree Robbo isnt for this list for an eternity to come, as do I agree that Frosty's position becomes questionable as for the basic tenet of what is his position and role to become, if any ? I too am not convinced that Juice is our man.

But I do think we've found our #1 and #2 forward

Jurrah is 191 ( thankfully short of th edreaded 192..pmsl ) so go on..have a guess Rogue :rolleyes:

I agree with Dunstall - I don't think we're best served by playing Jurrah as a key forward.

He'll be far more damaging playing on the third best defender.

Jurrah's a great third tall. Who are our first and second talls?

You might be right, but Jurrah plays like a classic full forward. I know he's not kp in build, but is it a stretch to call him the second tall, especially the way the game is now played ?

He's taller than Micky O who played as the second tall for 10 years.