Richmond playing proficient kickers in forward line vs Dees!!

DangerousDemon

Hi again,

I just had a look at Wallets Richmond team for the weekend and note that he has stuck true to his word about skills. He has Bowden and Deledio named to play in the forward half. I think its specifically designed to get Bartram away from Deledio as this is the logical tag Melbourne should run with him all day. It gets Bartram kicking the ball out of defense. We as Melbourne supporters know that although he has great running capacity his skills struggle. Now this should be a win for us to start depending on our mids. if we can get hands on the ball before the Tigers Deledio will be made redundant in the forward line because he wont be able to use his skills to advantage.

The Bowden placement is interesting in that they need him in defense but need the skills in the forward half.

Not sure how this will work what do others think?

Hi again,

I just had a look at Wallets Richmond team for the weekend and note that he has stuck true to his word about skills. He has Bowden and Deledio named to play in the forward half. I think its specifically designed to get Bartram away from Deledio as this is the logical tag Melbourne should run with him all day. It gets Bartram kicking the ball out of defense. We as Melbourne supporters know that although he has great running capacity his skills struggle. Now this should be a win for us to start depending on our mids. if we can get hands on the ball before the Tigers Deledio will be made redundant in the forward line because he wont be able to use his skills to advantage.

The Bowden placement is interesting in that they need him in defense but need the skills in the forward half.

But Batram might not actually be playing.

I understand your reckoning but i don't think that either team will line up anything like as named. I don't know that Bartram is the logical tag for Deledio, maybe for around the ground but not deep in our backline. If I was wallets I would play Deledio out of the goalsqaure if Bartram lines up on him. I have a feeling that Deledio would outmark Bartram comfortably playing out of full forward.

I imagine Bowden will play his usual recieving/loose man role in order to straighten them up and improve thier skills around the ground.

Richo as usual is the man I am most worried about. From memory he carved us up last time. I think Martin may go to him, maybe Frawley. Rivers will be there to lend a hand if Richo goes deep.

I think we can win this game in close and in the clearances. Hopefully Meesen can get his hand to the ball more often than not. Believe it or not i think our forward line can stretch them as I don't rate thier backline at all. Miller and Bate may do ok.

Hi again,

I think its specifically designed to get Bartram away from Deledio as this is the logical tag Melbourne should run with him all day. It gets Bartram kicking the ball out of defense. We as Melbourne supporters know that although he has great running capacity his skills struggle.

I think you've just explained why Richmond are so bad. They've never had a chance if their coach sets up his forward line to counter the likes of "Clint Bartram"

I think you've just explained why Richmond are so bad. They've never had a chance if their coach sets up his forward line to counter the likes of "Clint Bartram"

:lol::lol:

It's so true.

There is no way Deledio won't play at least parts of the game in the middle. As for Bowden, given that Robbo isn't there to [censored]-slap him around as per usual, we can have Frawley do the honours instead ;)

In all honesty, Richmond's forward line is the least potent attack we've faced this year, and given our defenders have copped relatively well against bigger and better teams, I'm sure Deledio and Bowden are not causing our defenders nightmares right now. Brown is the one that worries me.

As for Bartram, he is actually very good at shutting down his opponent, he just needs to make sure he dishes off by hand as much as possible.

I understand your reckoning but i don't think that either team will line up anything like as named. I don't know that Bartram is the logical tag for Deledio, maybe for around the ground but not deep in our backline. If I was wallets I would play Deledio out of the goalsqaure if Bartram lines up on him. I have a feeling that Deledio would outmark Bartram comfortably playing out of full forward.

I imagine Bowden will play his usual recieving/loose man role in order to straighten them up and improve thier skills around the ground.

Richo as usual is the man I am most worried about. From memory he carved us up last time. I think Martin may go to him, maybe Frawley. Rivers will be there to lend a hand if Richo goes deep.

I think we can win this game in close and in the clearances. Hopefully Meesen can get his hand to the ball more often than not. Believe it or not i think our forward line can stretch them as I don't rate thier backline at all. Miller and Bate may do ok.

Thats exactly what I am trying to say this is why he has put Deledio there to break the tag. And I think it is round one to us at this stage because he is out of positioning already. I understand you may think more laterally than I do about the tag for Deledio but who else is there to man up on him with the pace?

Starts and ends in the midfield.

They won the clearances on Monday 36 - 29 so we have to break even in there. Brock (ave 5), Jones (ave 4) and Beamer (ave 4) have been good with clearances so far this season. They have to continue that.

I understand your reckoning but i don't think that either team will line up anything like as named. I don't know that Bartram is the logical tag for Deledio, maybe for around the ground but not deep in our backline.
I cannot see Bartram as his opponent. What about Morton

Hi again,

He's back to Plan 'A', the one he used against Carlton. I assume Plan 'B' was used versus the Cats, involving a harder, less-skilled group and that last week's Plan 'C' was some sort of compromise.

I suppose a desperate situation calls for desperate measures.

who will take Bowden when hes in the forward 50? Other wise good match ups. Rivers on Morton, Warnock on Riewoldt and When Richo is the forward line chuck Martin on him. We seem to match up with them ok. It`s just our forward line again that doesnt look that capable of kicking a winning score. Hopefully Miller,Bate,Sylvia,Newton and Green can all kick goals and make space to give us a chance to kick a winning score, and we need Jetta up and about, waiting for the ball to drop at contests inside 50, and Our Midfielders have to stay with Richmonds to 4 quarters.