red&blue for ever

Here are some pictures from today training

Robbo.jpg

Ruckworka.jpg

Ruckworkb.jpg

Ruckworkc.jpg

handball.jpg

GPSmonitor.jpg

PJ and Spencer did some ruck training. Meesen was there but didn't notice him doing much training. Its hard to identify all players.

Jamar had the moon boot on and was heading to the pool as we arrived.

Jarrod Rivers followed Jamar shortly after.

Aussie look good but as Wheels said he had the GPS on and players always train harder when they are monitored.

First time to training for years. Its good to have fix place for training.

Players were very friendly. It is worth going for a look.

Robbo trained by himself but looked eager to get involved with the main group. He was still around when training finished.

The forwards did some goal kicking but wasn't teribley good.

They did some full length ground work from kick outs and ruck work which looked quite good.

Towards the end of the session they got into groups of forwards, centre and backs and talked a bit about tactics.

Mclean was pretty vocale and coming up with tactics when they were doing the ruckwork.

At the end of training everyone did push up's including the coaching staff and even DB.

At the end of training everyone did push up's including the coaching staff and even DB.

haha

thanks mate for all of the effort

on a side note: for those who are interested in betting. the odds are at $5,166 for the Melbourne-Penrith Pathers double in the AFL/NFL double!!!

I was at training early and saw an energetic hour of precision ball movement ( both with footballs and tennis balls )

As a disappointing contrast to my observations of training last week where Moloney and Rivers were standouts , both of these players were conspicuous by their absence from competitive work , with the former looking downcast whilst running laps , and the latter taking no active part at all other than yelling obscenities at his active team mates .

Further disappointing news is that Jurrah did little running either , and was last seen heading into the change-rooms with a medical - type person .

On the positive side , however , Sylvia trained as if there was no tomorrow ; he looks terrific and his body language was all positive .

Of further significance , IMO , was that Newton actually looks as if he's interested in playing league football now . He has certainly bulked up and his physical and intimidating short stoush with Jones , suggests that he is a man on a mission .

I took note of Aussie's training after reading yesterday how he feels more confident of himself and his place in league football , and there is no doubt that he is more at home in this environment now - his toned body and calm demeanor reflecting a confidence in purpose and desire .

Everyone's favourites , Davey and McLean ,were enthusiastic livewires , and the latter , in particular , was always vocal and encouraging .

Id be very curious to get some feedback .. about how the players have taken to Casey..and how they feel now they have a home ? I think theres a huge pschological windfall in this..( let alone physical) ..just wondering what the players think.

cheers :)

Good work guys. Updates and photos always appreciated! Especially now its out at Casey - a bit of a hike for some.

It might be more of a hike for some, but for others like myself who live in Gippsland, it's not such hassle to go to the training sessions anymore. I can't wait to go out there myself and have a look at the place and for the first time ever see my team train.

The photos look good, good to see some ruck work has been worked on. This is one area I'm looking forward to next season due to the loss of Jeff White.

Clunk

It might be more of a hike for some, but for others like myself who live in Gippsland, it's not such hassle to go to the training sessions anymore. I can't wait to go out there myself and have a look at the place and for the first time ever see my team train.

The photos look good, good to see some ruck work has been worked on. This is one area I'm looking forward to next season due to the loss of Jeff White.

Clunk

It is a fair distance for most supporters , but the effort will be thoroughly rewarding .

There is no doubt that the players are loving the environment and playing surface , and with such a close proximity to a huge council - run swimming pool complex , the players must feel they've hit the jackpot .

Thanks Red and Blue for the great report and pictures.

Btw what are the things on the guys the thighs? Are they some form of weight mechanism? If so very encouraging!!

On a another side note all the boys look alot more toned and stronger!!

Btw what are the things on the guys the thighs? Are they some form of weight mechanism? If so very encouraging!!

I imagine they'd be weighted to give our players more power in their legs - also by the looks of them they'd protect against some soft tissue injuries like corkies, which can only be a good thing.

I imagine they'd be weighted to give our players more power in their legs - also by the looks of them they'd protect against some soft tissue injuries like corkies, which can only be a good thing.

Cheers shaft i thought it was something along those lines

A trainer said the pads were to stop injuries such as corkies.

Grimes looks fit and his kicking looked good. Hit the tarket most times.

I was at training early and saw an energetic hour of precision ball movement ( both with footballs and tennis balls )

As a disappointing contrast to my observations of training last week where Moloney and Rivers were standouts , both of these players were conspicuous by their absence from competitive work , with the former looking downcast whilst running laps ,

PJ asked Beamer id he was ok to which he replied yeah, just a bit tight. He didn't elaborate

On the positive side , however , Sylvia trained as if there was no tomorrow ; he looks terrific and his body language was all positive .

Of further significance , IMO , was that Newton actually looks as if he's interested in playing league football now . He has certainly bulked up and his physical and intimidating short stoush with Jones , suggests that he is a man on a mission .

I took note of Aussie's training after reading yesterday how he feels more confident of himself and his place in league football , and there is no doubt that he is more at home in this environment now - his toned body and calm demeanor reflecting a confidence in purpose and desire .

Everyone's favourites , Davey and McLean ,were enthusiastic livewires , and the latter , in particular , was always vocal and encouraging .

Agree on Sylvia - competitive beast he is. Agree with Aussie too - he looks completely different, all the puppy fat has gone.

Not sure I agree on Newton though. He didn't look much changed to my eye & Jones comfortably had his measure in that wrestle, having no trouble keeping the larger Newton pinned on the ground.

Jamar in a moonboot - apparently has a "hotspot" in his foot.

Miller is an out & out leader

Strauss really looks a player - light but moves & uses the ball beautifully.

My first time out there - beautiful ground surface............and it has goalposts !