MFC Website rating

Guest Always B a DEE

Guest Always B a DEE

Having spent some time checking out the other AFL club websites I can't help but be underwhelmed by our own.

IMO we are once againg bringing up the rear in presentation, stories and news about the club we love. I read on one of the threads of someone who rated our site a 2 and I can only think it was out of 20 because, quite bluntly, it is very poor indeed.

In the survey, which I personally completed yesterday, there are many questions asked and I hope that the club administrators take heed of the feedback from members.

Having spent some time checking out the other AFL club websites I can't help but be underwhelmed by our own.

IMO we are once againg bringing up the rear in presentation, stories and news about the club we love. I read on one of the threads of someone who rated our site a 2 and I can only think it was out of 20 because, quite bluntly, it is very poor indeed.

In the survey, which I personally completed yesterday, there are many questions asked and I hope that the club administrators take heed of the feedback from members.quote]

nothing NEW on the website for days............ now I know footy has finished , but I believe we have our Best and Fairest night this week!!! :wacko:

haha

that was me that gave it a two

and i respect all of the volunteers and co who help to make it work

however, maybe once a week we could videos over pre season about injury updates or something

i mean the last video was a jack grimes press conference

Guest skipper3

What exactly is there to put on video at the moment???

With pre-season training not starting til Oct 13 & trade week next week - its a pretty quite time of the year now.

haha

that was me that gave it a two

and i respect all of the volunteers and co who help to make it work

however, maybe once a week we could videos over pre season about injury updates or something

i mean the last video was a jack grimes press conference

I wasn't aware volunteers were involved in the site.

Do you know this for sure, or is it an assumption?

no idea...i have a feeling it might be

i just hate it when people have a go at volunteers

i just presumed that if people were getting paid to do it, there would be more frequant updates

and to golly and co...i agree quality over quantity

but there is nothing wrong with player interviews

an end of season highlights package (and yes, there are some)

a highlights package of the first year players

maybe some more info on the clash strip

how about the coach's press conference after the last game?

how about some video footage of some of jim stynes's speeches at the lunch's

how about a bit of footage from the thing at olympic park?

how about a bit of footage on some of the debt demolition things

why not some footage or articles updating us on debt demolition and up coming plans

maybe a video advertising/urging people to donate

i was hoping they would put up the footage from when jim stynes made his very first presidential speech and was handed the presidency

i was hoping they would show us the footage from when hamish blake went to the club

im hoping they show us footage on from the B&F dinner

there are a lot of things they could do that other clubs do and its annoying

we hear how good speeches made by Garry Lyon and CC have been and how inspiring DB pep talk before the queens birthday game was, but the havent shown any of it

not all of us have the money to go to these things

i mean...after the walk to the g, if they showed some footage about how good that was, then maybe even more ppl would want to go next year

Maybe they're worried that if we are shown footage of these payed events, then even fewer people will go. But we shouldn't criticize the only people who are doing anything at all for doing too little.

if they get paid, we can criticised

hell, i'll do it

I wouldn't have thought so.

we hear how good speeches made by Garry Lyon and CC have been and how inspiring DB pep talk before the queens birthday game was, but the havent shown any of it

i mean...after the walk to the g, if they showed some footage about how good that was, then maybe even more ppl would want to go next year

I agree.

Guest melbman

why not some footage or articles updating us on debt demolition and up coming plans

i was hoping they would put up the footage from when jim stynes made his very first presidential speech and was handed the presidency

i was hoping they would show us the footage from when hamish blake went to the club

Excellent post NJ

I think that many of us supporters would like to see those things

Maybe they're worried that if we are shown footage of these payed events, then even fewer people will go. But we shouldn't criticize the only people who are doing anything at all for doing too little.

also, i was going to say before that of coarse it is much better to see these things live and most of the people (the top end people, ie the 150 $6000 people) arent the sort of people that are going to be looking at the websight to watch these videos

there is a different audience there IMO

the way i see it; if they showed the videos a month later (just in case) it can only work as a positive as we would be getting more people onto the websight and making fans happy

people are not going to give up the chance to go to one of these fundraising events because in one months time, they might show a 5 minute sniput of some of the speeches

think about it..

anyway; does anyone know if more people going on our websight eqauls more revenue, or is it all one lump thing?????

Guest Always B a DEE

i just hate it when people have a go at volunteers

i just presumed that if people were getting paid to do it, there would be more frequant updates

and to golly and co...i agree quality over quantity

At no stage in my post did i have ago at any volunteers. I have personally worked as and with volunteers all my life and have the utmost respect for the. However I wouldn't believe that our website was run by volunteers and if it is I would believe we would be the only club where this would be happening.

IMO the website is one of the most powerful methods of promoting our club and our sponsors. With a second rate site we are not giving our sponsors due recognition for their support and we are certainly not keeping our members informed. May I also suggest that the site should be attractive and informative and give new viewers a sense of "I want to go there". Certainly wouldn't get one too excited at the moment and the lack of stories, events, interviews has been all year not just since the end of the season. I may be hard to please but I believe this is as important as the Dees always having the Demon.

Some information with respect to our new Clash strip and new logo (ie with the return of the Demon) would be nice, but I guess they are still progressing through that. Perhaps Jack Watts will put on the new clobber as the No.1 pick for the new merchandise launch?!