Respect

Guest Maj

Guest Maj

I often think about rivalries and how much I would hate the Demons, and most of that hate came from following local football and watching the Demons beat my Magpies. I would hate seeing the Demons get the victory and I would hate to feel the pain after a loss. Fast forward from childhood to adulthood and I see a club that is battling, a club that most people would wih woul roll over and die. Some people are even calling for this great club to move to another state, I say this No. The current plight of the Demons is common tale, and it is a tale that a lot of clubs have and will face from time to time, should we just tell them to roll over and die? Of course not.

But this is not about the dying of the Demons, not this is about a new beginning that is being born with the fight to save them, and a new found respect that I have found for the Demons, as say this it must be remembered that respect is not a thing that is given lightly and I think the Demons are more then deserving of respct. Listening and reading what has been happening there with the Demons players has me respecting the players there at the club. But not just them, I have been looking through forums of the emons and noticed that there are a lot of fans that are giving as much as they can and helping as much as they can for the Demons.

This respect has been breed from a fight that is inside of the players and the supporters hearts who do not wish to let go, and are not ready to let go, this is what a club is this is what a club should be remembered as. But I know that if this fight fails you are going to look back and say all the effort and the money was wasted, but you know what? It wasn't you have managed to show true team spiritl, and passion for your club and you have shown that a club would not lay down and just die like the world wants you to.

You have heart, and you will always have that whether or not the football club survives or not, this is something you cannot take away, your players have shown they love their club, your supporters are showing you love the club. There is a future there, and the future will be there, past this season and if not the memory will be always there. The Demons will never be forgotten, and the passion and heart shown will never be forgotten either.

This Club will not Die. This Club is actually being Re-Born. & as the Saying Goes "You Gotta go to Hell Before You Get To Heaven" After Norm Smith was Sacked this club lost its Mojo (Spirit, whatever you want to call it) & i think all that is finally coming Back. The MCG is our Home and The Demons will fill the old Girl again. Fortunes in Footy can Turn Around Quickly. We don't all Drive Range Rovers & Ski, in fact most of us obver the past 44 years have just Seethed Quietly as we have Been Pushed Around. No F!@#$%cking More. The Demon Hath Returned. We Share the Name of this City with Pride.....

Yep...

I get prickly when people write us off as a club. This happens all the time, and has happened worse to clubs like the Roos. And they have had small disasters with their list too... like Hay, Rawlings, that ex swan KPP who's name escapes me (Powell) etc etc... And look at them now? A figurehead leading the club off the field, and a top 4 finish (likely)...

The demons are in some trouble, but it is from low like this that the great highs come... I ay this not to sugarcoat the situation, but to pont out we are a long, LONG way from disappearing from the AFL.

Brilliantly written Maj.

It makes me tingly when i feel that all AFL, sorry VFL, supporters are in the dogfight together. We have grown up hating, envying, laughing at the other clubs in our terrain, but always fearing and respecting what they can do to us.

On any given day, any club has whipped another club, or fought out a famous victory over one another, and it is this that should be remembered from supporters in the long run.

Obviously Dees fans don't much get on with Pies fans (as much as we try anyway, my best mate is a Magpie for instance), but we understand and respect where each other has come from.

All clubs who have been with this great game since 1925 deserve an equal say as to where our game is heading, and the fate determined upon each traditional club.

We may hate Collingwood as rivals, but can respect them for their ability to never drop away from the fight, participating in over 1/3 of all VFL/AFL grand finals. Without this respect, there can be no hatred or loathing, a reason why no clubs hate us at the moment. I hate Essendon and Carlton, but can never remove the respect i have for their organistiontions (save for Carlton's cheating and the Bombers' supporters)

I suppose what I personally am saying is that the Victorian AFL teams have become somewhat of a family.

We may not all get along all the time. There may be times when one prospers above the others and others' receive more attention (good or bad) than the rest. But thoughout it all, in times of need and desperation, we all know the plight each other have gone through in following each other's respective 'great' teams and can always lend a meaningful ear and a supportive voice. But of course, never on Gameday.

The history of our game should never be forgotten, in any capacity. We Great Demons will never die, our supporters will never stop until our club has built the foundations it deserves, to become a hated member of the Australian Rules Community once more

Yes Great Post.

I'd like to add that the Melbourne FC has shown in recent times, true professionalism in handling matters that could of been seen from the outside world - if not handled professionally - as a basket case.

From the heart broken time of Troy Broadbridge's loss of life in the Boxing Day Tsunami, to Round 1 the following year against Essendon, the maturity and professionalism of the players and staff of the Melbourne fc in those tough times was pure class.

From the send-off last year of Bizzell, Brown and Pickett.

Now this season, whilst off the field we have had some changes and its now looking complete with Schwab now at the helm - it has been a rather quick change - which had to happen. IMO it's been a rather smooth transition with McNamee's sacking the only blemish.

Finally, yesterday's press conference and announcements of Adem Yze, Jeff White playing their last games for the MFC this Sunday vs Richmond. They understand the direction of the youth path Melbourne is taking, and there seems no bad blood again. They both conducted themselves professionally and the Mfc should receive commendation for how everything has been handled.