Changes vs West Coke

Beamer

OUT: Bartram, White, Carroll, SYlvia.

IN: Jamar, Bode, Davey, Miller.

Bartram for a mental rest. Sylvia just so he can find some confidence in his own ability.

Many will disagree with Bodes inclusion but he deserves a chance. Been playing well with Sandy.

I also dont think Carroll will be dropped. I dont care myself, Hes capable.

This bloke must be a relation to Bode. You keep calling for his return and even said in another thread that he was great on the weekend after playing less than a half and being pretty ordinary in the time. What's your agenda?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bloke must be a relation to Bode. You keep calling for his return and even said in another thread that he was great on the weekend after playing less than a half and being pretty ordinary in the time. What's your agenda?

Honest mistake regarding Bode at Sandy.

Im no relation, I just think his done OK when in the firsts and alot of his criticism here is uncalled for. He's putting in good efforts for Sandy too. What more could we ask for before re-selecting him?

Hmm...it would be nice to win one, so if we can squeeze one more game out of PJ before the hip surgery:

In:

Jamar

Garland

Davey

Miller

Would love to squeeze Petterd in but don't want to drop Frawley, Johnson.C, Buckley, or Morton

Out:

White

Carroll

Wonaemirri ...good player, but is looking tired

Bartram

Out: White, Bate, Valenti

In: Jamar, Miller, Davey.

I think one of our greatest problems at the moment is attempting to over engineer the transfer of play up the ground with too many hand balls.

While logically we need a number structures during a game I think at certain times during the game (maybe when the high possession strategy is breaking down) we try the following:

1. Forward Structure: Play a five man forward line.

Miller as a true lead up forward (because he is good at it),

Sylvia to stay very much at CHF (because he has no endurance, but is a good mark for his size and will fight to keep it in), and

Stef Martin to full forward with Wona and Maric tied by a twenty metre invisible rubber band to his waist. (The logic here is if the players look up and can see a big bloke who can take a mark and has crumbers at his feet - they may just kick it quickly enough to avoid a full zone defence).

2. Rolling Zone:

With the exception of those five forwards, the rest of the team plays a forty metre rolling zone pretty much behind the ball.

3. Team Rules:

If the ball is coming out from our last line of defence and the opposition has not had time to zone back effectively, all players are absolved of any responsibility to guarantee effective disposal. If you have possession and you can hit a target with hand or foot - great, but if not you have full licence to simply kick it up the guts before an effective opposition zone can be set. There will be no recriminations.

If the ball has come from the centre line into our defence and therefore there is a greater likelihood that the opposition will have more players behind the ball we hold possession up until we can reach our half back line. We then look for an opportunity to dish off to one of the three players, namely Green, Wheatley or Buckley. Once they have the ball they are instructed to run or kick as long as possible to a player. If no option presents itself, they too have full licence to simply kick it up the guts.

The whole point of this approach is to get the ball moving quicker up the ground. Sure it will come unstuck on occasions, but the more times we move it quickly, the less likely it is that our opposition will be able to effectively zone back.

When you look at Geelong, or any of the other top sides they create a virtuous circle, the more they play on, the more they can play on.

I know Essendon tried this tactic during the year and were criticised, but I think the football logic is sound.

I reckon our defence has probably become our best attribute over the course of the year and while it undoubtably will put them under more pressure, I think they can take it.

What do you reckon?

I reckon you are off your head to even suggest Valenti be dropped.

Bode?? No chance! and no thanks! Carroll may get a repreive, for trade value, and the fact that he was named in best!

for me:

Out:

PJ (gone 4 season, lucky Jeff)

Bartram

Jones

Wonaemirri (rest)

In:

Davey

Garland

Jamar

Miller

Petterd, to replace 1 of davey/Garland/Miller as they wont ALL be right!

Revised changes...

In: Jamar, Miller, Newton, Petterd, Yze

Out: P Johnson (inj), Bartram, Bate, Jones, Morton

Backs: N Carroll, M Warnock, M Whelan

Half backs: C Bruce, S Martin, C Johnson

Centres: B Green, J McDonald, P Wheatley

Half forwards: R Petterd, B Miller, C Sylvia

Forwards: A Maric, M Newton, A Wonaeamirri

Followers: M Jamar, S Buckley, S Valenti

Interchange: L Dunn, J Frawley, J White, A Yze

A break. Im sure you know what I mean.

You said a 'mental rest' initially. I never knew playing footy could be so stressful! :P

definate OUT is Davey... out for the season :angry: ]

:angry: Fracture.....what else can go wrong?!

OUT: Bartram, Carroll, White, Johnson

IN: Spencer,Jamar,Petterd,Yze (just coz he needs to be rewarded for his efforts at sandy)

Based on Baileys statements during the season, that you will be picked on form. Well Yze should get selected based on last weeks very good game and by Bazza's report on another thread. Its also based on the 116point drubbing last Friday in the seniors.

I'd like to see Spencer, but I'm not sure he will be selected. PJ's out for the season, Jamar could be back and White just might find himself the luckiest man alive!

Petterd could get a run.

Disagree with your OUTS.

im needs to come miller and jamar. garland if fit.

Agree.

My Ins are: - MILLER, GARLAND (if fit), YZE, JAMAR.

OUTS: - CARROLL, PJ(inj), WONNA (inj?), BATE

Garland is going to miss again.

Whats your reason for dropping Bate?

He disappointed me last week and did very little. (as did alot of others). He gets caught out of position IMO, and can't take his marks on the lead. Usually I'm a fan of Bate's but on last week IMO he disappointed me.

He disappointed me last week and did very little. (as did alot of others). He gets caught out of position IMO, and can't take his marks on the lead. Usually I'm a fan of Bate's but on last week IMO he disappointed me.

Who wasn't disappointing last week. This guy (bate) relies so much on good delivery of the ball from the midfield and he is not getting that, which makes him look very ordinary

Most players were lazy last week, in terms of running to make space or provide an option when a teammate had the ball.

You are right about the lazy efforts. Our overall reluctance to commit to a contested situation for a ball was galling.

Given Geelong had the ball way more than us, our laziness was more evident in the complete lack of defensive pressure we applied on Geelong all over the ground when they had the ball especially in the first half.