Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Its not 20/20 cricket. They had to score at over 8 an over. The two sixes reflect that the sting had gone out of the game from both sides late in the piece. And again the facts elude you as both captains agreed to call a draw.

The Pakistanis are susceptible to be called "cheats" for any change of behaviour. And had they gone kamakazi at the end talkback "know alls" like you would be at them for tossing a game.

You really dont have much to back up some really naive comments do you Basil?

NO NO NO that is wrong. If the Paki's had had a crack at winning that game last night, they would have rebuilt a lot of respect. nobody would have said anything about "tossing a game" at all, if they had got even close to 400.

The had Wickets in hand and 13 overs Minimum to bowl. Should have gone for the win. Naive indeed.

NO NO NO that is wrong. If the Paki's had had a crack at winning that game last night, they would have rebuilt a lot of respect. nobody would have said anything about "tossing a game" at all, if they had got even close to 400.

The had Wickets in hand and 13 overs Minimum to bowl. Should have gone for the win. Naive indeed.

Difficult wicket. The scoreboard flattered them given the dropped catches. The South African attack is very competent with Steyn and Kallis. The strategy is high risk and particularly given the necessarily psychological about face to try to survive 130 overs with a score of 450+ starting the previous day.

After the current pair and Akmal they had a long inexperienced tail who lost 5-12 in the first innings in short time

Its equivalent to punting your house on a long shot at the races. They were more at risk of losing than winning from the position they were in.

Do try to think about things more. Its becoming embarrassing Basil.

Difficult wicket. The scoreboard flattered them given the dropped catches. The South African attack is very competent with Steyn and Kallis. The strategy is high risk and particularly given the necessarily psychological about face to try to survive 130 overs with a score of 450+ starting the previous day.

After the current pair and Akmal they had a long inexperienced tail who lost 5-12 in the first innings in short time

Its equivalent to punting your house on a long shot at the races. They were more at risk of losing than winning from the position they were in.

Do try to think about things more. Its becoming embarrassing Basil.

Who said Test Cricket was ever easy. Stop making excuses for the walk. The Paki's were on the Home straight after doing a lot of hard work. They should have had a crack at winning, otherwise do not bother playing at all.

Who said Test Cricket was ever easy. Stop making excuses for the walk. The Paki's were on the Home straight after doing a lot of hard work. They should have had a crack at winning, otherwise do not bother playing at all.

Ugh Ugh.

Never let the facts or a profouind lack of knowledge invade a rant.

They were indeed on the home straight but its a bit like the Melbourne Cup, they were on the first time around the track with a long way to go.

I think even Steve Price would switch to commercial and cut the line saying "We've got one" if you plied your logic there. :)

Ugh Ugh.

Never let the facts or a profouind lack of knowledge invade a rant.

They were indeed on the home straight but its a bit like the Melbourne Cup, they were on the first time around the track with a long way to go.

I think even Steve Price would switch to commercial and cut the line saying "We've got one" if you plied your logic there. :)

Fair Go Rhino..They had Minimum 13 overs to face-If the Team had the Balls they should have had a go at winning.

Glad you were not ever a captain of any team i was on. I always play to win, and it would have helped the Paki's case to get more legitimate pay packets if they had pulled off a classic win.

You can't always hide inside the womb and take the easy option.

Fair Go Rhino..They had Minimum 13 overs to face-If the Team had the Balls they should have had a go at winning.

Glad you were not ever a captain of any team i was on. I always play to win, and it would have helped the Paki's case to get more legitimate pay packets if they had pulled off a classic win.

You can't always hide inside the womb and take the easy option.

False bravado has never been a good camouflage for rank stupidity.

I wonder how 10 other hopeful cricketers would feel with a ignorant ra ra merchant as a captain, particularly one that spouts garbage like you always bat when you win the toss.

A smarter leader would recognise that its victory enough to have survived against a world class attack on a difficult wicket for 130 overs with a long tail than risk it all on a reckless slog for an unlikely and improbable victory.

False bravado has never been a good camouflage for rank stupidity.

I wonder how 10 other hopeful cricketers would feel with a ignorant ra ra merchant as a captain, particularly one that spouts garbage like you always bat when you win the toss.

A smarter leader would recognise that its victory enough to have survived against a world class attack on a difficult wicket for 130 overs with a long tail than risk it all on a reckless slog for an unlikely and improbable victory.

Not with 13 Minimum overs to go. That is too early and conservative to pull the plug on a game. Nobody improves without taking even a small risk.

Gee I tell you what, England must be quaking in their boots:

Watson - 6 vs Tasmania

Katich - 1 vs Tasmania

Ponting - 7 vs NSW

Clarke - bad back

Hussey - 0 vs Victoria

North - 17 vs Victoria

Haddin - 10 vs Tasmania

Johnson - 11 wides in grade cricket

Hauritz - battling for his spot

Hilfenhaus - potentially injured

Bollinger - working back from injury

Then:

Hughes - 2 vs England's second string attack

Khawaja - 13 vs England's second string attack

Ferguson 7 vs England's second string attack

White - 5 vs England's second string attack

The only possible 'shining light' is Steven Smith (of all the players...) who made 59. The pitches in Hobart and Sydney are tough for batting though, so some small scores are to be expected, but nonetheless no real form being shown.

Gee I tell you what, England must be quaking in their boots:

Watson - 6 vs Tasmania

Katich - 1 vs Tasmania

Ponting - 7 vs NSW

Clarke - bad back

Hussey - 0 vs Victoria

North - 17 vs Victoria

Haddin - 10 vs Tasmania

Johnson - 11 wides in grade cricket

Hauritz - battling for his spot

Hilfenhaus - potentially injured

Bollinger - working back from injury

Then:

Hughes - 2 vs England's second string attack

Khawaja - 13 vs England's second string attack

Ferguson 7 vs England's second string attack

White - 5 vs England's second string attack

The only possible 'shining light' is Steven Smith (of all the players...) who made 59. The pitches in Hobart and Sydney are tough for batting though, so some small scores are to be expected, but nonetheless no real form being shown.

Its going to be a long summer, but the aussie cricketers are all over paid, so sadly no one is going to really hurt.

Should be Ponting's last series if he doesn't score well. I did say "should be" B)

Its going to be a long summer, but the aussie cricketers are all over paid, so sadly no one is going to really hurt.

Should be Ponting's last series if he doesn't score well. I did say "should be" B)

Didn't take long for another.

You did say "aussie cricketers are all over paid"..

Didn't take long for another.

You did say "aussie cricketers are all over paid"..

You Guys are just too soft. These proffessional cricketers have a good life, and if they lose a series there is always another one next week. The Focus is now longevity and not winning.

Did you hear Hilditch on the radio the other morning?? Spoke with almost disdain. The guy lives in another world...

Not with 13 Minimum overs to go. That is too early and conservative to pull the plug on a game. Nobody improves without taking even a small risk.

There was under an hour to go to stumps. It was a maximum 13 overs to go. Nobody improves by being plain dumb. Its pity both captains took the decision to call a draw early.

It really does make a farce of your cricket judgement.

Antyway back on planet earth...

The Tassie pitch was a corker to bowl on. Green top overcast skies and perfect English conditions. They let Australia off the hook midway.

Could be expanded to a triple album.....

The guy lives in another world...

Is it anywhere near your galaxy?

For someone who only just found out about the extent of cricket corruption on 4 Corners a couple of weeks I doubt whether your well informed on any aspect of cricket on or off the field to make any rational or informed judgement on the professional life of a cricketer..

There was under an hour to go to stumps. It was a maximum 13 overs to go. Nobody improves by being plain dumb. Its pity both captains took the decision to call a draw early.

I

For someone who only just found out about the extent of cricket corruption on 4 Corners a couple of weeks I doubt whether your well informed on any aspect of cricket on or off the field to make any rational or informed judgement on the professional life of a cricketer..

For starters it was a minimum of 13 overs to be bowled in that match Rhino. I heard at least 3 different reports late last night, so unless 3 journalists were wrong...

You keep bringing up 4 corners RR, glad you like the ABC, but please do not think that is the only source of information in regard to sub continent corruption that i have heard, as i mentioned here yesterday my father spent a lot of time in india so i have taken an interest in the craziness of india for a long time.

With the 4 corners program i was more aghast at the Pakistan official who blatantly lied down the camera. i knew well of Bookmakers, four corners just showed that nobody really wants to fix it. That was news.

If i wish to Bag Hilditch i will, the guy lives in an ivory tower-the fruits of which are now showing, but his interview the other morning was quite astounding.

For starters it was a minimum of 13 overs to be bowled in that match Rhino. I heard at least 3 different reports late last night, so unless 3 journalists were wrong...

You keep bringing up 4 corners RR, glad you like the ABC, but please do not think that is the only source of information in regard to sub continent corruption that i have heard, as i mentioned here yesterday my father spent a lot of time in india so i have taken an interest in the craziness of india for a long time.

With the 4 corners program i was more aghast at the Pakistan official who blatantly lied down the camera. i knew well of Bookmakers, four corners just showed that nobody really wants to fix it. That was news.

If i wish to Bag Hilditch i will, the guy lives in an ivory tower-the fruits of which are now showing, but his interview the other morning was quite astounding.

And given there was more less than an hour to go to stumps anyway how many overs would Sth Africa have bowled in that time with 4 quicks and one second string spinner? They would struggle Think man...dont just parrot others. You just get found out...again and again.

It would seem that the 4 Corners is your only viable source of information. You are surely jesting that you were aghast at a Pakistan official who blatantly lied down the camera. It could well have been an Indian official. You really have no perception of the problems of sub continent cricket beyond your stated racial generalisations.The problem has always been at the top and you didnt realise it! FFS.

Hilditch's ivory tower must be an adjoining one to yours. Did you get on talkback after the I/V and rant there?

You Guys are just too soft. These proffessional cricketers have a good life, and if they lose a series there is always another one next week.

The Focus is now longevity and not winning.

The problem is you WYL, you cannot substantiate or backup your out-there generalisations on matters. When you're faced with the facts in an argument you turn a blind eye. That IS soft !

This last statement of yours ^ , the latest in your encyclopaedia of sweeping statements relating to cricket or any other matter (for that matter) supports this. If you think the focus for the Australian Cricket Team is not about winning anymore.....you're again..severely mistaken !

If you think the focus for the Australian Cricket Team is not about winning anymore.....you're again..severely mistaken !

We shall see won't we. Picking a 17 man squad for a home series is quite pathetic in my opinion.

We shall see won't we. Picking a 17 man squad for a home series is quite pathetic in my opinion.

"We shall see ?" {poor response} - Picking a 17 man squad does not support your theory that the team is not about winning !

"We shall see ?" {poor response} - Picking a 17 man squad does not support your theory that the team is not about winning !

Yes it does-it lacks a team ethic in both Bonding and Direction. Players are more interested in getting the Gold ACB contract than fighting for the Test spot.

Yes it does-it lacks a team ethic in both Bonding and Direction.

Lacks team ethic ? What rot. I'm quite certain all cricketers are pulling in the same direction to perform well and put Australia back on top.

Players are more interested in getting the Gold ACB contract than fighting for the Test spot.

Are they just ? And of course, you have proof of this ?

All bowlers are fighting for a Test spot. Paine & Haddin are fighting for their spot. I suggest a few of the batsmen are currently fighting for their spot. Contract or not.

Like i said, we shall see in time, but for the selectors to not have named a side one week out from an ashes series to me is wrong. Of course you may disagree, it is your right.

But a lot of this work should have been done last summer against Pakistan, it wasn't because certain players were not retired, Hard decisions were not taken. So now those same decisions are even tougher-Shocking planning and foresight. If this happened in a football club it would be laughable.

But because of the ACB and Indian contracts players are to highly paid, and thus understandably won't step down. i know you disagree, but then i disagree with many of your points as well.

The last 12 months Australian cricket has gone backwards or at best struggled to tread water and a lot of that i put towards selection policies.

Oh also sacking Merv & keeping Hilditch just sums it all up!!

Like i said, we shall see in time, but for the selectors to not have named a side one week out from an ashes series to me is wrong. Of course you may disagree, it is your right.

I never argued this point WYL ! FCS. I'm actually of the same opinion re: naming the squad before this round of matches currently taking place. It was a directive from Cricket Australia to the selectors. The selectors have done their job. Blame CA.

This is a classic example of you diverting away from the original argument.

Which was initially about not wanting to win anymore, then it was about wanting the golden contract rather than fighting for a Test spot...etc etc.

More twists than turns. RR is right, you would wouldn't look out of place as a politician.

Don't Worry Cricket Australia are just as much to blame as the selectors-the whole last 12 months have almost been a waste of time leading up to this series, we are no further down the track than we were last year against the Paki's.

Cricket Australia employ the selectors so of course they are part of this fiasco...I thought that was obvious.