Worse Side in the comp by far!

The HuLK

Couldnt get too the game today cause of work, just tuned into MMM and going by there call Melbourne`s got no spark of life... There skill levels sound 2nd grade and the players just seem not to give a toss?? They really need to do something down there in a hurry.. before alot of member lose faith forever.. The game plan is 2nd best every week. No player seems to be playing for the jumper..Recruiting is a disgrace and should be overlooked as well as the whole coaching staff, trainers the whole lot needs a make over, or were gana suffer for years.. Every club as advanced expect for Melbourne, even Richmond and Carlton are better off than we are!!!! FOR F#$K SAKE SOME1 GROW SUM BALLS AND DO SUMTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Your seeing eye dog must be constantly tripping you up in order to create so much critical spirit in one person. Jumping back on the band wagon later on doesn't let you off either.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disapointed like the rest, but your comment to trade bruce is crazy, he was best on ground today and showed how valuable he is to the side.

Disagree with you there, he was one of our major handball culprits today. He also has developed a dreadful habit of getting the easy receive - jog trotting past the player with the ball for a handball receive. We need Bruce further up the ground competing and contesting - not picking up cheap handball receives or little marks from sideways kicks.

Are u conveniently forgetting we play finals more often than we dont? Trigger happy!

Losing ND would hurt us more than keeping him, we all want things to turn around

[/

Are you just happy to make finals how a bout winning the big one .

Wont do that with ND

So whats the point keeping him.PLquote]

Disagree with you there, he was one of our major handball culprits today. He also has developed a dreadful habit of getting the easy receive - jog trotting past the player with the ball for a handball receive. We need Bruce further up the ground competing and contesting - not picking up cheap handball receives or little marks from sideways kicks.

What about that out of bounds on the full, when he had no pressure on him?

He did well up forward, but I agree, he has to go out there and compete in the contests. Currently, he is only looking for the receives. Even TJ spends more time on the bottom of packs than Bruce.

His endurance and ability to play in many positions is probably the only thing that separates him from a lot of other good-ordinary players. However, he has become the jack of all trades and the master of none. He has always been at his best in the midfield, so we either play him there for 80% of the game, or not at all.

The feeling after the siren was like someone reached in, grabbed my heart and pulled it out.

The thing is that Melbourne players actually thought they won it. Why didn't they:

* Waste time?

* Chip around?

* Go direct to packs or force the ball up

* Play the boundary

ANYTHING!

This heartbreak is going to cost the Melbourne footy club thousands of members next year.

The feeling after the siren was like someone reached in, grabbed my heart and pulled it out.

The thing is that Melbourne players actually thought they won it. Why didn't they:

* Waste time?

* Chip around?

* Play the boundary

ANYTHING!

This heartbreak is going to cost the Melbourne footy club thousands of members next year.

After TJ played on from full back and kick OOB for a throw in why didn't any MFC defender stand the defensive side of the ruck duel.

North's Swallow got clean possession and and unhindered run at the goal. Experienced players down back?? Anyone?

the time wasting 'skills' we employed in the first three quarters did vanish in the last, but i reckon after we hit the front we half tried to put the shutters up. jones little chip to mcdonald who took a while then chipped into the pocket, was completely out of character to the footy we'd played the 10 minutes before.

has been a while since tears were shed after a game.

i've always been a fan of daniher and was thinking that this year wasn't his fault, but i am becoming increasingly unsure. look what we can do when we play real footy. bruce has no bottle. first two minutes, gets the ball on the wing, didn't want to take the hit so decided to handball sideways blindly, straight to a roos bloke.

* Waste time?

* Chip around?

* Play the boundary

ANYTHING!

Yes, clearly we didn't learn anything from the Bulldogs loss.

I was yelling my head off at Neitz to 'act like a leader' and direct his team mates to flood, while himslef running into defence.

In the end we got what we deserved; a narrow loss. Had the Roos kick straight through the second and third quarters it would have been one hell of a thumping.

The heart-break losses aren't gonna cost the club members. It's the fact that the coach, President and CEO come out and tell the supporters to come out and support their team, and when we get there, we have to put up with the crap the players served up for the first three quarters.

Are u conveniently forgetting we play finals more often than we dont? Trigger happy!

Losing ND would hurt us more than keeping him, we all want things to turn around

Can't agree there.........Daniher has been great for the club over the journey, but don't get fooled that he is the only one that can get the job done.

Look at the difference to the Crows someone like Neil Craig made, or even Eade at the Bulldogs, Roos at the Swans, Worsfold at the Eagles.

Change doesn't have to be a negative thing! I personally would like to see what a different coach with different ideas and methods can get out of our team.

I personally think we have more to give than we are showing.

Can't agree there.........Daniher has been great for the club over the journey, but don't get fooled that he is the only one that can get the job done.

Look at the difference to the Crows someone like Neil Craig made, or even Eade at the Bulldogs, Roos at the Swans, Worsfold at the Eagles.

Change doesn't have to be a negative thing! I personally would like to see what a different coach with different ideas and methods can get out of our team.

I personally think we have more to give than we are showing.

It would also be nice to here someone with a different drawl in the media TOO. Who knows, someone else might actually get MORE supporters to sign up and attend games.

ND has been a good ordinary coach, nothing more. A hard worker and a media [censored] yes, but NO MORE than any other coach, or any replacement could do.

He was in fine form last week blaming 'a slow start' on the West Coast debarcle.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with this week. Perhaps he will admit his 'new' game plan sucks so they went back to the old one at three quarter time. :lol:

* Waste time?

* Chip around?

* Play the boundary

ANYTHING!

What was there about 90 secs left until the end of the game?

Three quarters of chipping it around until our forwards went into spasms leading and then waiting for it, and then the basic (although I realise that it is not that simple) keep possession game, that we had already been doing for the bulk of the afternoon, seemed to disappear at the most crucial of moments.

We've forgotten how to win, right?

And that would be pathetic if it eventuated :angry:

"Melbourne has had poor seasons before under Daniher, whose contract with the club expires at the end of the season. It finished as low as 14th in both 1999 and 2003. But in neither of those years did the Demons deal with the level of injury and bad luck they have in 2007."

That is from todays age. You all have short memories when it comes to ND luckily Rohan Connolly does not

I'd be looking to trade away players like Green, TJ, and Bruce among others. Furious at our so-called senior players.

Why would you trade away any of those players -

TJ still has fantastic delivery and although he's prone to brain explosions he's definitely still worth it.

Bruce although getting lots of touches is kicking very poorly - still one of our most versatile and talented players

Green - isn't a backman so shouldn't be played as one - keep him in the midfield and pushing forward and we'll get more from him.

"Melbourne has had poor seasons before under Daniher, whose contract with the club expires at the end of the season. It finished as low as 14th in both 1999 and 2003. But in neither of those years did the Demons deal with the level of injury and bad luck they have in 2007."

That is from todays age. You all have short memories when it comes to ND luckily Rohan Connolly does not

How true- in 2003 didnt we lose towards the end of the season about 9 or 10 straight? Im sorry because i have a 2003 paper at home, but cant exaclty remeber the figure. That was pretty poor

yeah i think we were 6-7 after 13, then lost last 9. ironically in 2000 we were 6-7 as well, but won 8 of last 9. of course the loss was to the kangas. by a point.

2003 was when we were doing the even number year = finals odd number year = bottom of the ladder sort of trend. Still I like to think we arent doing that anymore but sadly this year is an odd number. Point is a lot of factors have contributed to a rubbish year and they all do NOT come back to ND

Right, so after 10 years in office, having had control of the entire list, he isn't a big factor in our lack of success?

He is the only constant over the past 10 years. Our list has changed completely since he took over, we are now getting ourselves sorted off the field and are turmoil free, and still no success.

Injuries haven't helped, but gees, he can't find 22 players who can play for 4 quarters or hit targets from a list of 40 players that HE put together? What does that tell us?

I am not a Daniher basher, but you have to open your eyes and see his flaws and realise that after 10 years of minimal success (playing finals and bowing our first week is not considered success in my eyes... not anymore), his time is up. He is a great bloke, and has done well to promote our club, but either he did the wrong thing with our list, or his message is no longer getting through.

Injuries are helping delay the inevitable...

Right, so after 10 years in office, having had control of the entire list, he isn't a big factor in our lack of success?

He is the only constant over the past 10 years. Our list has changed completely since he took over, we are now getting ourselves sorted off the field and are turmoil free, and still no success.

Injuries haven't helped, but gees, he can't find 22 players who can play for 4 quarters or hit targets from a list of 40 players that HE put together? What does that tell us?

God I dont think we have been that un-sucessfull we have been in a premiership yes we didnt win, we have played finals more often that not. I think we have been the top Victorian team over the last couple of years what else can u want? Premiership is not going to happen to any Victorian team anytime soon so you have to take what u can get. We havent wont a premiership in 50 odd years that is hardly ND's fault. I understand when the going gets tough people want things to change and start looking at the current state but if u listen to radio/tv/newspaper commentators they all think ND should stay on and I think they prob know more about footy than us somehow

God I dont think we have been that un-sucessfull we have been in a premiership yes we didnt win, we have played finals more often that not. I think we have been the top Victorian team over the last couple of years what else can u want? Premiership is not going to happen to any Victorian team anytime soon so you have to take what u can get. We havent wont a premiership in 50 odd years that is hardly ND's fault. I understand when the going gets tough people want things to change and start looking at the current state but if u listen to radio/tv/newspaper commentators they all think ND should stay on and I think they prob know more about footy than us somehow

The media talks rubbish.

If we lose another 3 or 4 in a row, you watch the vultures pounce. They are hardly a measure to live by.

And we have been unsuccessful. After 10 years, you expect a coach to win you a premiership, not get you to finals every second year only for the side to capitulate in the first week.

Daniher is one of the longest serving coaches without a premiership in the history of the game. That is 100 odd years.

We can't isolate this season and say he should go based on where we currently are. We need to look at the big picture and realise that apart from 2000 we have never come close to winning a premiership, and the 2000 grand final was an embarrassment in itself.

Ah so actualy people who are classified as stars when they were playing such as Tim Watson and Jason Dunstall are talking rubbish are they? Riiiiiiiiight

simple answer: yes

complicating answer: absolutely!

Ah so actualy people who are classified as stars when they were playing such as Tim Watson and Jason Dunstall are talking rubbish are they? Riiiiiiiiight

Watson is a fool, he says things that will make headlines to get his name out there more, his comments re the Whelan/Ball head clash and Pickett's tackle on Cornes was disgusting and completely showed how out of touch with modern footy he is.