PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

1 hour ago, Ouch! said:

Not that it's science either, but every single fox sports tipster has gone Melbourne and none are tipping the roos either.

They've all gone Dees AND none are tipping Roos?

Wish I could be quite so sure...

Over at The Age, the only 'Experts' tipping Roos are Birch and Kearney. Holding down bottom 2 places, too - 12 particular misses in 13 games played wouldn't have helped.

Vested tipsters are always good for a laugh (hopefully not on the other side of our faces this week...)

5 hours ago, SFebes said:

I don't see either as forwards. A defensive forward is a negative move IMO, we have what, 2-3 of them. What we need are real forwards with forward craft, make the opposition chase us, not the other way around.

I see Turner as a Lever replacement, Petty quite possible a May replacement. That's where they are best. Unsure if Petty will even stay at the Dees though.

I'm still not sold on JVR yet like many others. Goes missing for large periods in game. However is still only a kid so I will remain patient. We are asking a lot of him.

Have always abhored the very idea of a 'defensive' forward.. by all means have an idea how to 'attack' a defender with the ball but the job of a forward is to worry both thre scoreboard and the other team. 

I.e worry about your game, your efforts and let the other side worry about YOU.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I have no interest in Petty being dropped and wasting a talented player kicking off the dew at Casey.

However, I can't work why we're not playing him as a defender. A position where he clearly has more runs on the board at. Isn't the art of coaching is to get the best out of your players and play your players in positions they'll best excel at? Well, Goodwin sure as heck isn't getting the best out of a number players this year (ANB and T Mac a clear exception this year).

And why isn't Langdon being played predominantly on the wing? The position where he was talked about as an All Australian in 2021, and a position where his elite running helped out the defence one minute and then kicking clutch goals the next. What benefit are we getting from him being a forward where he's kicked 0 goals in the last 5 weeks? And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he playing wing during our solid 4-1 start to the season?

Agree 100%. I can't remember a player so down on confidence and in horrendous form. He's been a liability for a month.

Put him back and Tomlinson as a defensive forward. He could not possibly be as bad as Petty forward even if he doesn't kick a goal. 

The Petty forward experiment feels like the Frawley forward experiment, he’s gone at seasons end and we’re planning for the future without him, there is absolutely no other reason to think it’s going to click as a forward, if he has some break out games it boosts his trade value to the Crows.

unfortunately I watched the Kings birthday game live, the lack of pressure and all round care from everyone apart from Max, Trac, ANB,  Viney was heartbreaking.  It doesn’t take skill to chase and tackle, we don’t appear to be playing for the jumper which I haven’t thought since 2019

• Like 2

Oops wrong thread 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Mrs De Koning looks drunker with each cross to her in the stand.

She might go home and have some more kids.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

It's Game Day and the Dees are deep in the heart of enemy territory as they take on the Lions in Brisbane under the Friday Night Lights at the Gabba. Will the Demon finally be awakened and the season get back on track or will they meekly be sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 2

UNBACKABLE by The Oracle

They’re billing the Brisbane Lions as a sleeping giant — the best team outside the top eight —and based on their form this month they’re a definite contender for September AFL action. Which is not exactly the best of news if you happen to be Melbourne, the visiting team this week up at the Gabba.  Even though they are placed ahead of their opponent on the AFL table, and they managed to stave off defeat in their last round victory over North Melbourne, this week’s visitors to the Sunshi

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

WILDCARDS by KC from Casey

Casey’s season continued to drift into helplessness on Sunday when they lost another home game by a narrow margin, this time six points, in their Round 13 clash with North Melbourne’s VFL combination. The game was in stunning contrast to their last meeting at the same venue when Casey won the VFL Wildcard Match by 101 points. Back then, their standout players were Brodie Grundy and James Jordon who are starring in the AFL with ladder leaders, the Sydney Swans (it turned out to be their last

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LIFE SUPPORT by Whispering Jack

With Melbourne’s season hanging on a thread, Saturday night’s game against North Melbourne unfolded like a scene in a hospital emergency department.  The patient presented to the ward in a bad way. Doctors and nurses pumped life-saving medication into his body and, in the ensuing half hour, he responded with blood returning to his cheeks as he stirred back to life. After a slight relapse, the nurses pumped further medication into the bloodstream and the prognosis started looking good as the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 19

PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 381

PODCAST: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 25th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Kangaroos in the Round 15. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 55

VOTES: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Alex Neal-Bullen, Steven May, & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Kangaroos. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 51

POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demons almost blew a six goal lead and ultimately hung on to win by three points over the North Melbourne Kangaroos at the MCG and have temporarily jumped back into the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 568

GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 709
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!