Jump to content

CASEY: Practice Match vs Carlton


Demonland

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Have you raised concerns with the club re our social media Andy? 

I assume you would have some contacts there that would pass on supporter feedback.

I have in the past. I have offered my advice/services. Never been taken up on it. Still more than happy to assist in any way I can. The club always comes first.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Our club mentioned that we could follow the game via there site. Cannot find anything there.

Open the gates next time for the few who are interested! 

As I understand it that was a decision of ICON, not the clubs. Doubtless wanting to save on staff and cleanup etc.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I have in the past. I have offered my advice/services. Never been taken up on it. Still more than happy to assist in any way I can. The club always comes first.

Just got to wrangle that AFL media accreditation Andy. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If everyone here is screaming out for better comms from our media dept (we know it gets read) how is it still such a low priority for the club?

Arguably the best player in the league is rolling through this game after some challenges, it’s of huge interest.

I’ve seen Andy say he’ll do it for free probably half a dozen times in 2024

Melbourne FC have a very special ability  to ‘Melbourne’’ everything 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, BW511 said:

If everyone here is screaming out for better comms from our media dept (we know it gets read) how is it still such a low priority for the club?

Arguably the best player in the league is rolling through this game after some challenges, it’s of huge interest.

I’ve seen Andy say he’ll do it for free probably half a dozen times in 2024

Melbourne FC have a very special ability  to ‘Melbourne’’ everything 

Giving the "keys" to an official website/twitter feed is a hard ask these days. That said no reason that independent social media "gurus" can't be given access and post on their own outlets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Does that mean Jefferson and Tholstrup are out of the main game?

Depends what happens in the 2nd half of the Casey game. They might be pulled at some point to play in the latter part of tonights game.

Last night both teams put on players from the extended bench for the last quarter and a bit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm getting the odd update;

Tmac, Verrell, Clarry, Woey, Fullerton Sestan, Hore, AMW, Tholstrup, Jefferson and KFW  playing

Clarrie dominating

AMW playing well

 

Sorry, that's it.

 

 

 

That's enough 😁

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm getting the odd update;

Tmac, Verrell, Clarry, Woey, Fullerton Sestan, Hore, AMW, Tholstrup, Jefferson and KFW  playing

Clarrie dominating

AMW playing well

 

Sorry, that's it.

 

 

 

I wonder if AMW could get a chance against the Swans with Kozzie out.

Even though they are a bit different, it could depend on whether McAdam is fit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Giving the "keys" to an official website/twitter feed is a hard ask these days. That said no reason that independent social media "gurus" can't be given access and post on their own outlets.

Completely understand that but Andy is very, very cautious of the club and what is discussed here. At this point I don’t consider him far removed from being an actual staff member

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Depends what happens in the 2nd half of the Casey game. They might be pulled at some point to play in the latter part of tonights game.

Last night both teams put on players from the extended bench for the last quarter and a bit.

Thanks. I like watching new players, to see what they are like.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Does that mean Jefferson and Tholstrup are out of the main game?

The club do like some young guys to have the experience of a match day. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kolt/Jeffo get pulled at 3QT and then warm up and do the ‘match day experience’ with the main team tonight but don’t actually play 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I wonder if AMW could get a chance against the Swans with Kozzie out.

Even though they are a bit different, it could depend on whether McAdam is fit.

Be grand if Andy debuts sooner rather than later consistency is the key.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BW511 said:

Completely understand that but Andy is very, very cautious of the club and what is discussed here. At this point I don’t consider him far removed from being an actual staff member

Just to be clear. I have never asked for that nor do I necessarily want that. I have a full time job. That being said I have alot of ideas and advice that I would happily give. I would love to have the access that the club has to their own talent. I'm not saying I could do a better job but I have a lot of ideas about what the club could do better with their own resources. When I say I would do things for free it is more to just emphasize my love for the club and wanting them to be the best in all aspects. I already support them financially in the form of many premium memberships as well as the 2 player sponsorships not to mention merchandise etc. I'm also happy to give my time and knowledge to help improve certain aspects that I believe the club is lacking in.

  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Clap 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

    With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 53

    TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    GALLANT by KC from Casey

    The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

    … meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

    The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 152

    PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

    VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

    POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 396

    GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 503
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...