PRESEASON TRAINING: Wednesday 7th February 2024

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Verrell doing warmup drills with the talls. Will keep an eye to see if he’s in the main group for the rest of training. 

Will be keen to hear how he is progressing - can he play the role they had earmarked for Fullerton ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Petty chronic foot issue, McAdam can’t get on the park consistently and Melk not available EQUALS our forward line being as woeful as it was last year… in brighter news my MFCSS is training the house down

But we do have that everloving SHAACKY ATTACKY In reserve, raring to go!

• Thanks 1

If decimated is reducing something by 10 percent we have been more than decimated this preseason! 

So Petty, McAdam, BBB, Melk, Salem, Fullarton, Clarry, TMac and Hunter are all injured in some form!

Faaaark!

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Is it possible that he is training to play as a forward early in the season due to his limited preparation? 

Although I am a fan of that theory I just got the impression that it was just a bit of warmup/brushing off the footy cobwebs stuff. 

• Thanks 11

Clarry doing drills with McQualter. He was leading toward Mini zig zagging before running straight at him to mark the ball on the lead

Clarry back doing drills with McQaulter separate from the main group. Mixture of short passes, handballs or ruck taps from Mini ending with snaps at goal from Clarry

I know it's more likely to be just part of his program to get back to the main group... but I'm hoping these snippets reflect a focus on building his forward craft.  Last year revealed we can survive without him in the midfield and I think (as others have commented) he has enormous upside to pinch hit forward.   He's shown signs earlier in his career and has the odd game (often in Adelaide) where he kicks 3 or so.  But if he was able to regularly hit the scoreboard (and probably tidy up his disposal consistency) then it would elevate him to the best in the comp (and probably make us the team to beat in the process).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Will be keen to hear how he is progressing - can he play the role they had earmarked for Fullerton ? 

For a “ruckman” he has very clean skills. Doesn’t look awkward at all. Good mark. Haven’t seen too much in game stuff from him so can only go by limited viewing at training. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

TMac just in a training singlet joining the rehabbers. He was doing warmup drills with the main group. Is wearing runners not boots. Hoping it’s a similar situation to Petty not training last week as part of a scheduled de-loading week. 

He is leaning against the fence so doesn’t appear to be doing rehab. 

Just to confirm,does it look like his runners have concrete insoles as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

So a potential round zero forward line missing Petty, Pickett and McAdam (if his fitness isn't up to scratch)

HF ANB   JVR    Spargo

F Fritsch  Schache   Chandler

And our forward line will be even smaller when Schache or JVR relieves Gawn.

That Kozzie suspension will  punish us for the Sydney game. He could've made the forward line his own based on what we saw in the second half of the Carlton final.

Maybe they have no choice but to start T Mac in the forward line after all.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

Clarry back doing drills with McQaulter separate from the main group. Mixture of short passes, handballs or ruck taps from Mini ending with snaps at goal from Clarry. 

whos Mini

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think we're all mostly happy with Tmac moving down back for depth. But with such concerning injury clouds a month out from season up forward (Petty, McAdam, Melk, Jefferson, BBB) We might have to re-consider.

As picket fence suggested there is always Shache...

• Like 1

The start of each portion of the “Match Sim” involves an uneven number at the stoppages either a ball up or throw in. Matchups vary as does the “team” with the uneven number at the stoppage changes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

I think we're all mostly happy with Tmac moving down back for depth. But with such concerning injury clouds a month out from season up forward (Petty, McAdam, Melk, Jefferson, BBB) We might have to re-consider.

As picket fence suggested there is always Shache...

Touch wood our defence is looking in outstanding shape heading into the season in terms of options, so we have the luxury of putting T Mac in the forward line to start the season.

Not ideal but T Mac could still be capable of a 3-4 goal game at his best.

• Like 1