Kozzie stage-fright? 

Skuit

Kozzzy.  We love you. We love the excitement.  

He’s having nearly games.  Nearly kicked that goal. Nearly got that huge mark. Nearly got that chase down.  It will only take a quick reset to change into a special game.  

3 mindset things 

1- crumb the pack at pace  - front and centre - or at the back (the side is nowhere) 🔥🔥🔥

2- burn them off (don’t stop) 🚀🚀🚀

3- those hangers - count to 3 then jump ✈️✈️✈️(it’ll stop the “way too early” syndrome) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Kozzzy.  We love you. We love the excitement.  

He’s having nearly games.  Nearly kicked that goal. Nearly got that huge mark. Nearly got that chase down.  It will only take a quick reset to change into a special game.  

3 mindset things 

1- crumb the pack at pace  - front and centre - or at the back (the side is nowhere) 🔥🔥🔥

2- burn them off (don’t stop) 🚀🚀🚀

3- those hangers - count to 3 then jump ✈️✈️✈️(it’ll stop the “way too early” syndrome) 

What you're saying is that he doesn't play smart enough

On 8/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, Accepting Mediocrity said:

Is he though? It's been demonland narrative all year, but the stats don't really back that up.

Compared to 2021, he's averaging the exact same number of goals, marks and disposals. He's averaging more goal assists, overall tackles and I50 tackles.

We've got to stop comparing Kozzie of this year to 2021. Just because it was a premiership year means squat, he was only 20 so improvement should be expected. He has since become a much more lethal small forward and influenced games much greater. 

His past 2 years has shown how far he has come since 2021, and it's because of his past 2 years that indicates he is down on form.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 1:38 AM, Kozzie4PM said:

Kozzie is an awful set shot, which has got to be mental given he has sublime skills. 

It also seems like everyone missed that he did actually finally take a hanger against Carlton.

In terms of the original question - I'd like to see how he goes in this finals series before making a judgement.

I don't think he's that bad. Would like some stats. Has gone off the boil recently but I don't think he's been bad in the past.

I think the blokes really down in confidence.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Made some errors but not many small forwards have 9 shots in 2 finals.

Charlie Cameron was mostly stinky last week. Jamie Elliot’s kicked 1 goal in 2 finals. Bobby Hill hasn’t done much since his first quarter against us.

I’m hoping for a more mature, calmer, more complete Pickett next year but overall I thought his ability to go to full forward and create chances was impressive and very close to turning around or winning both games.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Made some errors but not many small forwards have 9 shots in 2 finals.

Charlie Cameron was mostly stinky last week. Jamie Elliot’s kicked 1 goal in 2 finals. Bobby Hill hasn’t done much since his first quarter against us.

I’m hoping for a more mature, calmer, more complete Pickett next year but overall I thought his ability to go to full forward and create chances was impressive and very close to turning around or winning both games.

He’s a composed heart beat away from being  a top 25 player in the comp. Atm he just looks a fraction  too rushed when shooting on the run. Hope he can meet that challenge. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

43 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

He’s a composed heart beat away from being  a top 25 player in the comp. Atm he just looks a fraction  too rushed when shooting on the run. Hope he can meet that challenge. 

I spoke to a former demon last night who wanted to remind Kossie and the current players kicking the ball is all about smooth strokes and not belting the cover off it. Kossie operates at speeds us mere mortals aren’t capable of but you’re right, there’s times he has just take that extra quarter second. 

And in fairness he’s kicked some blinding goals when he does kick it purely, but there’s chances to either dish off balance up.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 1:38 AM, Kozzie4PM said:

Kozzie is an awful set shot, which has got to be mental given he has sublime skills. 

Would hazard a guess it's mostly the technique / method.

He doesn't get his upper body over the pill at any stage.  Sits back on it and kicks up & unders instead of through the ball.

His present method hasn't changed since i've been watching, which means he's always struggled with any distance beyond about 35 meters.

Hard to believe this aspect (set shots > more distance with accuracy) of his game hasn't been improved by now.

Apparently though, if we just keep winning the contested, defend to the death and keep up with our repeat & record entries into 50, the rest will just take care of itself.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1