Official Team vs. Sydney

Jaded No More

Firstly, does the "PLAY THE KIDS" posse have any idea where the actual fitness or readiness to play of any the kids they tout or do they all go gooey just at the Chariots of Fire type romance of having a first gamer regardless of whether the player is fit or ready for AFL and whether there were better options?.......

Well Rhino, I don't think that I belong to any particular faction, on this particular topic anyway........

But I am going to admit to being a little excited to see some of our junior talent (bare in mind I am in Sydney) and see what we are developing for the the future.

Now there are two ways of looking at these selections in that I would like to think that the club would in no way simply chuck these kids to the wolves without knowing that they were ready, physically, at the very least, and one would hope emotionally as well, to carry, among other things, the burden of our expectations.

I would hate to see them play well, be inflated and then get torn down when they aren't able to back it up in games to come.

The other side of the coin is that we are simply running out of options. As I said earlier there seems to be very little talent (or what is being regarded as useful talent anyway) sitting on the sidelines that is actually fit and healthy, thus there seems to be very little choice, especially in the midfield, than to debut someone.

This may not be the perfect plan, but the plan has been blown to hell and there is little left. Hopefully it is not too much too soon.

But I am with you in that I hope that they are ready (physically & emotionally) for the AFL and it is not going to be easy, but it is still important for the club to see what we have got for our future. And they probably would have played at some point this season, but given the injuries their chance got moved up.

Unfortunately we seem to be in a "last man standing" situation :( !!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been great seeing Garland and Petterd at Sandy playing well and now getting the reward of a call up to Melbourne..I hope they do well against Sydney....it's a good feeling seeing these guys bust their guts at Sandy and get rewarded...

And depending on the injury situation...and it's horrendous...they could get an extended run in the Melbourne team...

Good luck to both of them....

I predict that Simon Buckley will be the bext kid to get a call up....he deserves it as well...

FWIW, Bizzell is one of the most overrated players on this site who has been dubious value in senior football since 2004. He has received incredible kudos on the back of 2002/2003. Hell that's a long time ago.

Its interesting those who criticise his demotion have not put forward who he would necessarily match up on. Figures.

So are you happy with Godfrey on Goodes?

Godfrey has actually played quite well on Goodes.

And now Goodes is having shoulder problems.

Its no wonder people challenge some of your posts when you are obviously being sarcastic.

Because they get lost in so many other posts that just illustrate how little you actually understand about the game.

I thought the move was one of the few winners from those "conservative" thinkers in the FD.

I note you wont recognise the FD for it.

You have often shown you are more than ready to make a klutz of yourself bagging them.

Its no wonder people challenge some of your posts when you are obviously being sarcastic.

Because they get lost in so many other posts that just illustrate how little you actually understand about the game.

I thought the move was one of the few winners from those "conservative" thinkers in the FD.

I note you wont recognise the FD for it.

You have often shown you are more than ready to make a klutz of yourself bagging them.

What?

Like many people would have, I questioned the move of Godfrey on to Goodes.

However I conceded that I was wrong and that Godfrey was doing (at the time) and did do a good job on Goodes.

I'm sure that even you would have been a bit worried when you saw Godfrey on Goodes.

No. You know nothing about the game Rhino.

What?

Like many people would have, I questioned the move of Godfrey on to Goodes.

However I conceded that I was wrong and that Godfrey was doing (at the time) and did do a good job on Goodes.

No. You know nothing about the game Rhino. I'm sure that even you would have been a bit worried when you saw Godfrey on Goodes.

No. I was not.

But I wont waste my time explaining to someone who has shown he does not read other people's responses before replying and cant offer a scintilla of substance when it comes to the game.

Funny how many others have noticed Pedro but you havent.....Hmmm. True to form I guess.

No. I was not.

But I wont waste my time explaining to someone who has shown he does not read other people's responses before replying and cant offer a scintilla of substance when it comes to the game.

Funny how many others have noticed Pedro but you havent.....Hmmm. True to form I guess.

No, you don't offer any substance.

Going back to team selection did our coaching staff make some big errors.

Do they look at the weather forecast, I don't think so, because if they did and knew it was going to be slippery why would you play Jamar, PJ, White and introduce another KPP in Garland, wouldn't you of been better suited with another running player maybe debut Buckley instead of Garland or play him instead of one of the three ruckman we played.

Going back to team selection did our coaching staff make some big errors.

Do they look at the weather forecast, I don't think so, because if they did and knew it was going to be slippery why would you play Jamar, PJ, White and introduce another KPP in Garland, wouldn't you of been better suited with another running player maybe debut Buckley instead of Garland or play him instead of one of the three ruckman we played.

With Neitz out we were one KPP tall short and the idea of playing all three was to have one down forward at various times. Swapping Garland for Buckley swaps one underdone first gamer for another. Hardly a big error.

After seeing our midfield wiped in the first quarter, I am not sure Buckley would be either he or there. At this point he is not Pettards class so it would not be a reasonble analogy.

How do we know if Buckley is in Petterd's class, he looked OK in the Pre-season and looks fairly convincing at VFL level. Wouldn't Dunn be the KPP to replace Neitz, at one stage our forward line contained Miller Dunn PJ and Garland in wet slippery conditions. Most of the time though on of these guys was one the bench withte resting ruckman. This effects your midfield rotations have another midfielder instead of a tall would not of effected the result but to me when it is slippery and wet would be the better option.

How do we know if Buckley is in Petterd's class, he looked OK in the Pre-season and looks fairly convincing at VFL level. Wouldn't Dunn be the KPP to replace Neitz, at one stage our forward line contained Miller Dunn PJ and Garland in wet slippery conditions. Most of the time though on of these guys was one the bench withte resting ruckman. This effects your midfield rotations have another midfielder instead of a tall would not of effected the result but to me when it is slippery and wet would be the better option.

I guess if one of the talls had put his hand up and made a presence up forward and our midfield given something the discussion would be academic.

From what I have seen of the pre season Pettard was better than Buckley and looked more likely to play AFL. I think the FD had Pettard more highly rated than Buckley. FWIW, I think Buckley is mainly a midfielder/wing. Pettard has the goods to be anywhere from HFF through to HBF. I prefer him HBF.