Anyone else freaked out about the 2021 MCC grand final ticketing arrangements?

5 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Deva, the short version of my rant is that while I get where your comming from and admire you unbreakable commitment to the MFC, personally, loyalty is a mutual thing and I wouldn't take getting [censored] over by the club and the AFL and still continue my existing arrangements with them as if nothing had ever happened.

Hey I get it, I really do. I wouldn't say my commitment to the club is unbreakable - I've seen many bonehead decisions over the past few decades that have really peed me off. Just in this case I can't see how I'd be able to blame them when no matter how hard they fight and push - ultimately it would be the AFL who'd screw us.

I do agree with you though - I'd be mightily [censored] if I didn't feel they did everything they could to secure tickets for the GFG holders should this scenario occur.

• Like 1

Usually the ballot is held some weeks prior to the GF… meaning people get tickets, their team doesn’t make GF and seat/s go empty…

Hopefully… the ballot is run in week of GF and/or people have the ability to give up their tickets if they won’t be used.

I would hate to get tickets in the ballot a few weeks prior and take someone’s else opportunity away from seeing their team (if Melbourne don’t make it).

11 minutes ago, Steno said:

Usually the ballot is held some weeks prior to the GF… meaning people get tickets, their team doesn’t make GF and seat/s go empty…

Hopefully… the ballot is run in week of GF and/or people have the ability to give up their tickets if they won’t be used.

I would hate to get tickets in the ballot a few weeks prior and take someone’s else opportunity away from seeing their team (if Melbourne don’t make it).

9 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

The MCC needs to give priority in the ballot to supporters of the teams in the GF. I realise this is tough as it means that tickets are not released until after the prelim finals.

These are great ideas. You should email the Club. Seems very fair to say MCC members who have had paid up memberships of their AFL club for 10 years have priority in the ballot. But unfortunately the ballot is run at the beginning of the finals not GF week. But that's what they should do. 

24 minutes ago, It's Time said:

These are great ideas. You should email the Club. Seems very fair to say MCC members who have had paid up memberships of their AFL club for 10 years have priority in the ballot. But unfortunately the ballot is run at the beginning of the finals not GF week. But that's what they should do. 

Interesting point. I am going to email the MCC today that all supporters (not just Melbourne) deserve to know what the process will be before the big weekend. They should look to delay the ballot until the Sunday following prelims for people to apply. The thought that if someone applied, got a ticket and couldn't be bothered going if there team doesn't make it, makes me sick. No walk-ups restricts supporters as they are the only ones who bother doing it. 

Would be extremely disappointed if MCC didn't give a clear benefit to the supporters of the 2 teams in priority for GF tickets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arrow said:

Interesting point. I am going to email the MCC today that all supporters (not just Melbourne) deserve to know what the process will be before the big weekend. They should look to delay the ballot until the Sunday following prelims for people to apply. The thought that if someone applied, got a ticket and couldn't be bothered going if there team doesn't make it, makes me sick. No walk-ups restricts supporters as they are the only ones who bother doing it. 

Would be extremely disappointed if MCC didn't give a clear benefit to the supporters of the 2 teams in priority for GF tickets. 

make sure you cc the afl too

The MCC is not going to offer supporters of the GF competing clubs first dibs at Grand Final tickets. They probably don't even have a record of who everyone actually barracks for. I'm not sure other clubs have an arrangement like our MCC-MFC membership anyway, so they won't discriminate.

I guarantee that the MCC will not release GF tickets (or ballot tickets) until the week of the GF, as they won't actually know the capacity until that week. Good news: the benefit of this is that most neutral supporters that generally enter the ballot anyway and attend if they get lucky (you know, the ones that never go at all during the season, couldn't care about the teams playing and would never line up in the morning of the GF for a walk-up seat) probably wouldn't bother to do it if the tickets/ballot was open for a very restricted people and they knew their team was 100% not going to play.

The MCC should just release GF tickets in the same way they are now with their weekly ticket releases for MCG H&A games. It works quickly, rewards people that log on early and are desperate for seats.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, deva5610 said:

Really? What page? The MFC Ticketmaster page still has them for sale, specifically - Grand Final Guarantee | Demons Membership (ticketmaster.com). Right hand side $22.90/Mo or $229.

It specifically said on that page (on the right hand side) that no GF guarantee tickets were available.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, tiers said:

1. Yes but how is that different to any other game this year? No walk ups allowed.

2. Depending on the attendance cap, the ballot might contain up to double the usual number of tickets.

3. Start lobbying now for special consideration, if we make the GF,  for MCC/MFC members who have waited so long.

4. Those who attended the GF in 1964 should be guaranteed a seat if we make the GF (me).

Go dees.

5. 50 year MCC members guarantee ??

1 hour ago, Northern Summer said:

On the right hand side of this page, it has 'grand final guarantee' in red capitals. Below that it says 'Not available'.

Yeah right, that's even more interesting. I wonder if the difference is because of the MCC seating? No GFG seats left in the MCC areas, but they do have for GA?

Curious.

18 hours ago, Northern Summer said:

It specifically said on that page (on the right hand side) that no GF guarantee tickets were available.

Grand final guarantee is definitely still available. I believe the Not Available, means that the membership type (MCC/MFC) can't be purchased from the website. The system needs to know you are an MCC member.