2020 Grand Final Venue

Lucifers Hero

Where to Hold 2020 Grand Final  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Perhaps it's viewed differently from across the Nullarbor but to us it's always seemed that WA and SA have a hatred for Victoria that knows no boundaries. Certainly on a sporting front. This might have been justified in the time when the VFL poached all of the best talent from the WAFL and SANFL but those days are long gone. Where we've always viewed it with indifference we still see it play out over there with the incessant booing of the opposition on a match day (particularly in Perth) and the tense and intimidating atmosphere experienced by visiting fans in both cities. 

For me the reaction by Victorian football fans to the announcement that the GF won't be at Optus Stadium is perhaps just giving them a little return serve. Mark McGowan quite rightly has put his citizens ahead of football in his job as premier which as it happens has played out well on both fronts. I think his media skills do need a bit of a polish though and on the evidence so far I think he would have enjoyed putting in the knife and turning it should they have been successful in getting the GF. A once in a lifetime opportunity to kick a Vic that would that have gone down well with his constituents. That all said I still think they would have got their prize if they could have guaranteed a 60,000 sellout. 

I am a Victorian - moved over here in late 90's to increase the smarts in the gene pool.

I hate the parochialism they rubbish on about. It's quite funny tbh listening to talk back radio.

• Like 2

Just now, McQueen said:

I am a Victorian - moved over here in late 90's to increase the smarts in the gene pool.

I hate the parochialism they rubbish on about. It's quite funny tbh listening to talk back radio.

Hey McQ. I was kinda hoping yourself, ET or Pennant St would give me an insight into what things look like from behind enemy lines so to speak. I can understand the mindset up to a point but it's all a bit self defeating if it all it does is make us scratch our heads and shrug. 

• Like 1

Couldn't help but chuckle when reading an article on the ABC website responding to queries about how Queenslanders might get GF tickets.

Perhaps the Paluschak glow might rub off when the masses understand most of the tickets will go to corporates, package sellers and the last 2-5k to competing clubs.

I assume the right to buy GF tickets that go with certain memberships will be suspended. If not that's your allocation gone already.

Get ready for the price gouging stories

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Pates said:

DAndrews really doesn’t seem to be hitting the mark this year. I mean in a year where the economy has been beaten from pillar to post and there being no parade or anything what good does that public holiday so except push up costs and losses for small businesses? Chances are there’ll still be restrictions in place on seeing each other. 

I’ve been pretty happy with his time as premier but this year has been off the mark. Can’t see him surviving the next election. 

So the Libs could have for better guys???!

Really after 4 years of inactivity they got thrown out and The state  has boomed ever since.

They would no know hoe yo get the Staye going agsin the Vic Libs.

2 hours ago, old dee said:

To be honest I don't care but if I had  to vote ( which I did) it would be QLD. As the Dees won't figure in it do we care?

Do you put us down agsin OD 

Uou wrote us off for the Finsls a few rounds ago . Looks as though you could be kicking us down when you should be half glass full.

17 minutes ago, 58er said:

Do you put us down agsin OD 

Uou wrote us off for the Finsls a few rounds ago . Looks as though you could be kicking us down when you should be half glass full.

I think we will win tonight and will most likely win our last three games. There is a good chance we will play finals but make the GF I seriously doubt it. There are some teams above us who a level up on us, we have too many NQR's. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.