FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I will mate, but just for the record is there anything in my post, that the interview indicated was incorrect.  

Yes. But not just factually, you need to hear the tone of the interview and how Mitchell sounds when he talks about the move. You can hear he is genuinely excited by the prospect and it truly is something that would benefit everyone involved.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes. But not just factually, you need to hear the tone of the interview and how Mitchell sounds when he talks about the move. You can hear he is genuinely excited by the prospect and it truly is something that would benefit everyone involved.

And it's because of this reason that it won't kill the culture that Hawthorn has created.  Compare it to the North situation this year.

It really is well played by them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Wrong again on 2 counts. It was initially discussed 12 months ago and Mitchell thinks it's best in his interests to make the move now. It's his decision to make as to whether he stays or goes.

He could have got a job elsewhere after he retired, but he clearly wants to work under Simpson, and the timing is right for all parties.

Let's not let facts get in the way of your assertion that I got it wrong. 

Discussing it some time ago doesn't change who initiated it. The word initiate means start. Didn't Mitchell say Clarko came to his house and suggested the idea.  

If your answer is yes, I will take that as your apology for saying I got it wrong. 

This was Hawthorns idea not Mitchell's. He is happy to go along with it or stay. 

For those who are interested Whispering Jack has opened this thread  in the Women's League Forum:

So, follow our new draftees over there.  Our high picks are 8 and 9.

A thoughtful touch by Pederson. He tweeted: It's been a long time coming! All the best to everyone that gets drafted in @aflwomens draft exciting times ahead

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

Mitchell will leave a huge hole if he goes...

No matter how smart this deal seems and all the accolades for the way the Hawks do business they will struggle.

They're replacing him with one of the best young mids around and one of the most talented young mids around. They'll be ok.

Wow, who would have thought the Hawks would push Mitchell out?  Good of him to go along with the party line that his family want to live in WA lol. the coaching bit is just dressing, why not play out the year with Hawks and then move to coaching for WC the year after? Mitchell must be gutted, I would think he'd have loved to be a one club player.

well played by Hawks, they needed to make big calls to get big players in and they are doing it

Just now, DubDee said:

Wow, who would have thought the Hawks would push Mitchell out?  Good of him to go along with the party line that his family want to live in WA lol. the coaching bit is just dressing, why not play out the year with Hawks and then move to coaching for WC the year after? Mitchell must be gutted, I would think he'd have loved to be a one club player.

well played by Hawks, they needed to make big calls to get big players in and they are doing it

Another one who hasn't heard the interview...

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

They're replacing him with one of the best young mids around and one of the most talented young mids around. They'll be ok.

Mitchell is not a patch on Mitchell and O'Meara is still an unknown coming back from injury.

I suspect Mitchell and Clarko have a very strong relationship and he's mentioned to him a number of times that he's interested in coaching after footy and that's something they may even be working on developing at the Hawks, i reckon this is just Clarko putting it to Sam that if a deal can work for both parties it'd be a good opportunity for him.

to me this is a very mature way to handle it, i'm sure part of him would be pretty sad to leave the Hawks but it's an awesome opportunity for him under a coach that he clearly respects greatly. 

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Mitchell is not a patch on Mitchell and O'Meara is still an unknown coming back from injury.

Sam has 2 years left at most, both those guys have 7-8 or more. Smart move by the Hawks. Who already on their list would have stepped up and replaced him in 2 years?

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

I said Mitchell may be ok with going. I accept that he is delirious with excitement.

My post was that HAWTHORN INITIATED the discussion.

That would lead to him not being a one club player, something others like Jesse have mentioned they wanted and may affect the culture of the club.

What facts did I get wrong?

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Sam has 2 years left at most, both those guys have 7-8 or more. Smart move by the Hawks. Who already on their list would have stepped up and replaced him in 2 years?

Wrong story 'stuie'...

Yep, seems a good move but doesn't change what I was saying.

Mitchell is not a patch on Mitchell, he will be a big loss.

Just now, Redleg said:

I said Mitchell may be ok with going. I accept that he is delirious with excitement.

That would lead to him not being a one club player, something others like Jesse have mentioned they wanted and may affect the culture of the club.

It's just a bit more grey than the black and white you're making it. Let's chat after you have a listen to the whole interview.

https://www.sen.com.au/audio/

Just now, rjay said:

Wrong story 'stuie'...

My point is, he was gone soon anyway, so Hawthorn have moved to secure their future.

Either he is a loss now and they bring in two extremely talented young players or he is a loss in 1 or 2 years with nothing to replace him with.

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Wrong story 'stuie'...

It's more than just playing ability, 300 odd games experience, his elite kicking on both sides is something i'm not sure any other player in the comp would replace, his footy brain is right up there as well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redleg said:

stop banging your head against a wall redleg.  you'll find when you are clearly right about something, you won't get a straight response.

mitchell himself said that Clarko put the offer to him and you could have knocked him over with a feather

2 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

Mitchell has been pushed dont you worry about that. The fact hes happy to go or not is a separate matter.

Clarkson is ruthless, Its his job to win.

He's probably professional and intelligent enough to realise it's a waste of energy to be unhappy about it. Move on and get busy planning to play at a high level at another club. 

Edited by DominatrixTyson

2 minutes ago, Grimes Times said:

Mitchell has been pushed dont you worry about that. The fact hes happy to go or not is a separate matter.

Clarkson is ruthless, Its his job to win.

No it's not.

And he wasn't "pushed", Clarkson put the idea to him as a friend as a suggestion about helping his coaching career, he didn't "push" him or even ask him to do it.

• Like 1