Charlie Curnow

dazzledavey36

Brett Anderson just tweeted that he is apparently putting on a clinic. Could have had about 5 or 6 goals in the first term. I have moved from Parish into this kid as our first pick while ago. 191cm tall 94kg who plays forward but has huge upside to run through the middle like Jake Stringer.

• Like 3

Brett Anderson just tweeted that he is apparently putting on a clinic. Could have had about 5 or 6 goals in the first term. I have moved from Parish into this kid as our first pick while ago. 191cm tall 94kg who plays forward but has huge upside to run through the middle like Jake Stringer.

this why I asked chaser if he thought the blue baggers would take him? he may go before we get the chance?

He could well jump ahead of Parish and Francis if he keeps going like this.

Be interesting to see if Lions hold on for a win against the Dogs.

They want Schache as he is deemed less of a flight risk than Weitering. They could conceivably bypass Weitering altogether.

Yep, means Carlton can get Carlisle via the PSD. Interesting trade period ahead, I reckon!

Personally, I think the club relished relinquishing the pressure of pick 1 last year. Petracca vs McCartin was a difficult choice.

The more teams that get picks before us, the easier it becomes to just select the best available talent.

• Like 2

Yep, means Carlton can get Carlisle via the PSD. Interesting trade period ahead, I reckon!

Personally, I think the club relished relinquishing the pressure of pick 1 last year. Petracca vs McCartin was a difficult choice.

The more teams that get picks before us, the easier it becomes to just select the best available talent.

I don't think Jason Taylor would see it that way.

While it might have been a hard choice, I'm sure he would have preferred to have the option.

They were essentially ranked equal by most draft pundits so we win either way.

Every extra player who steps up and shows serious potential around or before our pick makes me happy.

I like Curnow's profile and I'm convinced that strong mobile half-forwards who can take a mark and work hard will be made all the more important by the reduced interchange rotations. Gotta have a target.

Hogan, Gawn, +1 more contested marking player will give us a lot of confidence to go long to 'arms' when midfield 'legs' wont carry us the distance late in games.

• Like 1

Geez, if we win tomorrow, Carlton get band 1 compo for Kreuzer and Brisbane get a PP, we drop from pick 5 to pick 8.

Conversely, if we lose tomorrow, Kreuzer re-signs and Brisbane get nothing, we get pick 4. Go figure!

If we get thrashed tomorrow and the Bombers beat Collingwood we could drop to bottom four again. Only 2% in it. Then we have the dreaded pick #4 again and you know how well we've done with that in the past.

I'm pretty sure the AFL commission have already said they won't give Brisbane a PP. As for Kreuzer, I don't think he rates band 1 compo. Maybe band 2. He hasn't exactly had a stellar career.

• Like 1

If we get thrashed tomorrow and the Bombers beat Collingwood we could drop to bottom four again. Only 2% in it. Then we have the dreaded pick #4 again and you know how well we've done with that in the past.

I'm pretty sure the AFL commission have already said they won't give Brisbane a PP. As for Kreuzer, I don't think he rates band 1 compo. Maybe band 2. He hasn't exactly had a stellar career.

After today's stellar performance, I'm convinced Brisbane were explicitly told this week that no PP is coming. Raises all sorts of questions about their form pre-Round 23.

Ultimately, whatever Kreuzer gets depends on whatever he's paid. If a club is actually dumb enough to give him a Frawley-esque contract, they should fire their list managers. His body can't handle the AFL and you'd be foolish to offer him much more than $350k/year. Apparently Robbo said on SEN today that he turned down a $1.5m 3-4 year deal with Carlton. Interesting.

• Like 2

Can't see the Dons beating Collingwood, think it'll be Pick 5 for us.

Just on that though... The Dogs got Bontempelli with Pick 4. I don't buy the curse

• Like 2

Pick 4 isn't cursed, just our use of it.

Can't argue with that. Pretty impressed with Taylor's efforts so far as list manager, I'd back him to nail pick 4 if we had it.

The wheel always turns (seems to turn slower for the MFC)

• Like 3

After today's stellar performance, I'm convinced Brisbane were explicitly told this week that no PP is coming. Raises all sorts of questions about their form pre-Round 23.

Ultimately, whatever Kreuzer gets depends on whatever he's paid. If a club is actually dumb enough to give him a Frawley-esque contract, they should fire their list managers. His body can't handle the AFL and you'd be foolish to offer him much more than $350k/year. Apparently Robbo said on SEN today that he turned down a $1.5m 3-4 year deal with Carlton. Interesting.

i think every team below 11th, raises questions about form, & the integrity of the ladder itself .

the draft in its current form causes cheating...

AFL; change the draft, & draw the first 8 picks from a hat ! starting from the 2016 national draft.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

geez thats a turnup, the blue baggers with P-1

well, I don't think that will be Curnow now.

I think it's funny people complaining about the number of high picks Melbourne have had. We're actually only average. Carlton have had much more, including as of the upcoming draft, twice the number of #1 picks in the last decade.

i think every team below 11th, raises questions about form, & the integrity of the ladder itself .

the draft in its current form causes cheating...

AFL; change the draft, & draw the first 8 picks from a hat ! starting from the 2016 national draft.

They have to move towards a 17-5 fixture, it's pretty clear the table is split between the top 12 and the bottom 6 who are miles off the pace.

Frankly, the bottom 6 teams should get the top 12 picks before the rest even get a chance at the draft. They have the advantage of free agency.

• Like 1

I think it's funny people complaining about the number of high picks Melbourne have had. We're actually only average. Carlton have had much more, including as of the upcoming draft, twice the number of #1 picks in the last decade.

they, bluebaggers are the only club with a worse culture, than ours was.

currently you could say the lions, but then again, they bite hard when they want to bite.

poor culture, stops development in its tracks.

They have to move towards a 17-5 fixture, it's pretty clear the table is split between the top 12 and the bottom 6 who are miles off the pace.

Frankly, the bottom 6 teams should get the top 12 picks before the rest even get a chance at the draft. They have the advantage of free agency.

its a lot harder for rebuilding sides to compete since the congestion appeared in the game. kids need more time & space to make they're decisions, & to dispose. in this cogested game they have no time.

its killing careers before they start.. & its killing the game itself.

this is why the gap has gotten bigger in recernt years. because of all the 2 way running, Via the rotations.

Everything that is bad in todays game is because of the increased running abilities, to cover more & more ground. It effectively makes the grounds smaller.

With no space for anyone, & also older supporters cannot pick what is going on, because of this congestion... they can't see who is on the field or where players are playing... its a bloody mess. & a turn off.

regarding fixture, I'd like to see state of origin return... so if its 17 or 18 games, OK... But have byes; play SOO games on the byes.

After the final H&A Rnd, have a bye so teams do not rest players in any dead rubbers. So a bye before the finals, with a SOO game in that Pre Finals weekend.... also a bye between the Preliminaries & Grand Final week, with another SOO game.

Edited by dee-luded

Geez, if we win tomorrow, Carlton get band 1 compo for Kreuzer and Brisbane get a PP, we drop from pick 5 to pick 8.

Conversely, if we lose tomorrow, Kreuzer re-signs and Brisbane get nothing, we get pick 4. Go figure!

Brisbane won't get a PP, and if they somehow do, it won't be a before R1 PP, it'll be end of 1st round or second round.