Robbo just said he thinks Moloney's career is finished

Gorgoroth

Who will do the on ground pointing now?

I have noticed that our Mr. Watts is now the self appointed pointer.

Perhaps he could take Beamers place?

Yet somehow this terrible player managed to win a Bluey, score a heap of Brownlow votes for us, and win almost all of our clearances...

I find it staggering people are sticking up for Neeld. Surely it hasn't been that long that you've forgotten how he almost destroyed our footy club?

Not sticking up for Neeld 'stuie', I think he handled the whole thing including Moloney poorly but I was never a fan. I always thought he was a dumb footballer. He got the best out of himself and we probably got his best but I'm happy he is not at the MFC and is someone else's problem as is that other dumb footballer Col Silvia.

• Like 1

Not sticking up for Neeld 'stuie', I think he handled the whole thing including Moloney poorly but I was never a fan. I always thought he was a dumb footballer. He got the best out of himself and we probably got his best but I'm happy he is not at the MFC and is someone else's problem as is that other dumb footballer Col Silvia.

Look don't get me wrong, I don't think Moloney was a superstar but he was clearly one of our better players and that drastically changed when we got in a coach who will go down as possibly our worst ever coach. Finding it hilarious how much revisionism is already happening about the Neeld era on here.

Neeld couldn't handle Moloney, who responded like the great club man he is by sooking it up. His "tweets" showed what sort of leader he really is. i.e. not a leader's backside.

The club is better off having seen the back of both of them.

Look don't get me wrong, I don't think Moloney was a superstar but he was clearly one of our better players and that drastically changed when we got in a coach who will go down as possibly our worst ever coach. Finding it hilarious how much revisionism is already happening about the Neeld era on here.

Such as?

I find it funny how people are reacting to how bad we are still because they thought it was all Neeld.

As for Moloney - he was averaging 10 touches less in losses than in wins in 2011. Neeld was a terrible coach but he didn't wish Brent ill will, he tried to tell him how to expand his game and he didn't want a bar of it. Neeld wasn't the right messenger to say the least but the song remains the same as we have seen with Roos; he is also making defensive fundamentals the cornerstone of our 'system.'

• Like 3

Such as?

I find it funny how people are reacting to how bad we are still because they thought it was all Neeld.

As for Moloney - he was averaging 10 touches less in losses than in wins in 2011. Neeld was a terrible coach but he didn't wish Brent ill will, he tried to tell him how to expand his game and he didn't want a bar of it. Neeld wasn't the right messenger to say the least but the song remains the same as we have seen with Roos; he is also making defensive fundamentals the cornerstone of our 'system.'

Sorry RPFC, should have given it more context as most of it is happening in a different thread where certain posters are implying Neeld is as good a coach as Roos but just didn't have as good a list.

Sorry RPFC, should have given it more context as most of it is happening in a different thread where certain posters are implying Neeld is as good a coach as Roos but just didn't have as good a list.

Where is that happening?!

Maybe I am skimming over posts from certain posters...

I may be wrong(please tell me) but I thought that we looked after Brent pretty well when there were reports/talk that he would be lucky to play again with ostio pubis. I thought he was out for a good two (or even 3) years. The club carried him through this, which it didnt have to.

Such as?

I read it a little differently. It seems to me that Moloney was a Bailey loyalist who was offended by the club's treatment of him and it's clear that he wanted out at the end of 2011. There were reports at the time that he was being shopped off to Essendon by his management but nothing came of it which turned out unfortunate for both Melbourne and Moloney because the way he played in 2012 devalued him in terms of trade worth and income as a player. On the field, it was clear that he was of little value, wasn't responding to Neeld's coaching and rarely played any better than a moderate game and consequently and deservingly, was dropped to the VFL.

Neeld turned out to not be up to it but he was dealt a shocking hand taking over a post 186 team, with poor leadership capability, an over abundance of bad luck in terms of injury and off field drama as well as the background sniping (such as the false allegations of racism) from segments of the media and some "supporters". Some better coaches would not have survived such a battering, a lesser one like Neeld had no hope and no opportunity to improve as a coach in that environment anyway.

As it is, we need to brace ourselves for it to take Paul Roos at least 12 months to restore this club to anything resembling normality after all that.

• Like 1

Such as?

Key word here being wins, there was 8 of them and a draw in 2011.

There's only been 7 wins from round 1 2012 to today (and he played in 3 of them in 2012).

I always hated the "flat track bully" argument, he really stood up when games needed to be won and played big part in those wins. Take him out of the team and those games started getting lost.

Credit where it's due (and yes it was definitely another Neeld mistake).

There's only been 7 wins from round 1 2012 to today (and he played in 3 of them in 2012).

I always hated the "flat track bully" argument, he really stood up when games needed to be won and played big part in those wins. Take him out of the team and those games started getting lost.

Credit where it's due (and yes it was definitely another Neeld mistake).

Credit where it's due? But none to Moloney for his own failings?

I have gone over my views a couple years ago when it was relevant, if you are interested enough - go for your life:

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29309-brent-moloney/

We needed him to stand up in games we lost, did we not? 21 touches (I took out the Geelong game when he was ill) in losses and 28.5 in wins in 2011.

• Like 1

When did he post this?

About an hour after Mark Neeld got sacked.

Brent Moloney sucks, but Mark Neeld sucks even more. If I had to pick between them, I'd have kept Moloney; but luckily we didn't have to make that choice because they both got the arse.

Edited by Chook

I have gone over my views a couple years ago when it was relevant, if you are interested enough - go for your life:

We needed him to stand up in games we lost, did we not? 21 touches (I took out the Geelong game when he was ill) in losses and 28.5 in wins in 2011.

Credit for the 8 and a half games won in the year he won the Bluey, there's only been 3 wins since he went to Brisbane.

Instead of trying to make out like he was the reason for losses, maybe pay some respect the other way for all of the wins he was directly involved in.

8 and a half wins in a season is epic compared to the rubbish win/loss since then.

I always hated the "flat track bully" argument,

The flat track bully argument has merit, particularly if you look at 2011, the year which everybody crows about in terms of Brownlow votes (19 votes).

He had 5 best-on-ground games - 4 of them were against teams lower than us on the ladder, and the 5th was against Richmond, who finished one spot above us.

Beyond this, he polled in just 3 more games - 2 of them against bottom-side Gold Coast.

I was never a Moloney hater, but I lost any respect I had for him with the karma jibe at Neeld.

• Like 5

I have noticed that our Mr. Watts is now the self appointed pointer.

Perhaps he could take Beamers place?

Dawes points a lot too, and people have been applauding him for it. Pointing doesn't equal bad player.

• Like 1

This argument is ridiculous. You know what, I'm sure our forwards kicked less goals when we lost too. Having less disposals, goals, marks etc is kind of expected when you lose isn't it?!

The flat track bully argument has merit, particularly if you look at 2011, the year which everybody crows about in terms of Brownlow votes (19 votes).

He had 5 best-on-ground games - 4 of them were against teams lower than us on the ladder, and the 5th was against Richmond, who finished one spot above us.

Beyond this, he polled in just 3 more games - 2 of them against bottom-side Gold Coast.

I was never a Moloney hater, but I lost any respect I had for him with the karma jibe at Neeld.

So it's a bad thing to have a player who ensures the club doesn't lose to certain teams?

And barely winning 2 games in a season is an improvement?

So do you think he played badly cos he was too busy pointing?......

What? No. I think he played badly because he had tossed it in, and wasn't that fantastic to begin with. The incessant pointing just added a touch of absurdity to his performances.

• Like 2

What? No. I think he played badly because he had tossed it in, and wasn't that fantastic to begin with. The incessant pointing just added a touch of absurdity to his performances.

Yeah he was really poor last week. I really don't understand why people get so obsessed about pointing though.