Changes for Round 6 vs Sydney

titan_uranus

From Reading the VFL review of MFC players.

I think we only have 2 mights at this stage.

Jamar and Strauss.

Salem definitely not on what was written.

Aiden Riley has more chance than anyone when he gets a bit more match fitness.

Blease showed a bit more attack, but they want to see that consistently

Harmes showed good signs but still needs work.

Nicholson is not far off but decision making is letting him down.

I think the only changes may be Watts out. Strauss in.

Pederson Out. Jamar in. Frawley to Backline Dunny to Forward line.

It doesn't inspire me, but I don't think we have enough reserves up to it at this stage.

We are just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic until those players in the wings lift their game.

Edit:- Clisby also got a good wrap he closed down their No 1 dangerman, he may be a swap for Terlich.

There is no way in a million, nay, a billion years, Strauss is coming in for Watts.

Strauss for Grimes

Harsh on the co-captian and a much better defender then Strauss but I'd like to see an elite ball user off the HBF

Big if - but if strauss can find a role his ball use will be much needed in the back 6....

Grimes IMO is no lost cause - decision making and take contact with the ball and not be a cat is very frustrating

Shoot me down but that's how i see it

Or Grimes.

He will not play. I'll tell you that now.

He said his name has now come up at the selection table. That is the extent of it.

He will be made to play at a consistently high level at Casey for a few weeks before he gets a game.

I love these kind of posts. Full of self important authoritativeness.

Good call Steve. Salem to play. What's your next authoritative statement? :)

Interesting stats, and we all know that stats are the bees' knees, and never lie :-) , for those who praise Jamar's around the ground marking as a strength:

Jamar - career average 2.3 marks per game vs Spencer 2.6

Compare those for example with Cox 4.4, Sandilands 3.2, and our own Gawnius Maximus 2.9

Just pointing out that IMO MJ doesn't offer much (anymore) than a lot of hit outs, few of which are to advantage and fewer that result in clearances (though I acknowledge that he hasn't had the opportunity to ruck to our new and improved more mature midfield).

I'm in total agreement Mono.

It's a marginal call slightly in favor of the big Russian IMO.

Just out of interest....

Average Contested Marks from 9 games last year for Jamar 1.10

For the 5 Rounds so far this year, Spencil 0.40

Dean Cox, widely regarded as the best in the business, averaging 1.0 per game in season 2014

Edited by Rusty Nails

One mark for Mark Jamar is a significantly higher percentage of his total possessions than one mark for Dean Cox. Though that obviously doesn't make Jamar a better player than Cox, it does mean that marking the ball is a bigger part of Jamar's game than it is Cox's.

EDIT: Yay! My 5000th post!

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1

I love these kind of posts. Full of self important authoritativeness.

Good call Steve. Salem to play. What's your next authoritative statement? :)

I thought I was sure from what I 'read into' when Roos spoke about Salem that he wouldn't be picked this week. But yes, I am wrong.

Is it the right decision? Is he ready? Let's see how he looks after tonight.

I find it very surprising that he was picked for this game. Of course I already rate him higher than players who continue to get games for us, however for the sake of his development and confidence, I'd have thought he'd spend some more weeks at performing at a really high level at Casey.

Hope you got a kick out of me being wrong though jnrmac.

I thought I was sure from what I 'read into' when Roos spoke about Salem that he wouldn't be picked this week. But yes, I am wrong.

Is it the right decision? Is he ready? Let's see how he looks after tonight.

I find it very surprising that he was picked for this game. Of course I already rate him higher than players who continue to get games for us, however for the sake of his development and confidence, I'd have thought he'd spend some more weeks at performing at a really high level at Casey.

Hope you got a kick out of me being wrong though jnrmac.

I don't think Roos would have picked him if he wasn't ready but I didn't expect to see him yet either 'steve'. I'm really looking forward to seeing him at the level, some of his contemporaries, Aish (really good yesterday), Billings & Dunstan for a few have been showing some good form so there's no reason Salem won't.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.