A group on game day!

burfy174

Hi all,

I'm extremely excited with the past weeks progress like all the rest of you. Cant wait for the upcoming seasons being a demons member.

I'm a bit of a rookie to be honest. Last year was my first full year being a member with the club. I only moved to Australia 2 years ago. The problem for me is that the friends I have at work and also out of work all go for other clubs. Im the only demons supporter that I know. Its hard to get people to come to the matches with me as they all think Melbourne is the laughing stock, so quite often I have to go on my own which is kinda boring to be honest. I dont want to give up my membership as the demons are my team! Im not going to change teams like all my friends try and get me to do. I even bought a premium membership so that I could purchase guest passes to try and convince people to come along.... without much luck at all (got one friend to go on 3 seperate occasions).

Id like to try and find a group who go along to the footy to sit with and get amongst. Yes yes I get it sounds desperate but I really dont want to give up my membership or go to the footy on my own so im kinda out of options. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Oh by the way I should probably say im a bloke and 31.

Go DEMONS!

• Like 4

Only joshin, I don't go every week due to coaching commitments and sacrificing my life for the sake of my children.

Hi all,

I'm extremely excited with the past weeks progress like all the rest of you. Cant wait for the upcoming seasons being a demons member.

I'm a bit of a rookie to be honest. Last year was my first full year being a member with the club. I only moved to Australia 2 years ago. The problem for me is that the friends I have at work and also out of work all go for other clubs. Im the only demons supporter that I know. Its hard to get people to come to the matches with me as they all think Melbourne is the laughing stock, so quite often I have to go on my own which is kinda boring to be honest. I dont want to give up my membership as the demons are my team! Im not going to change teams like all my friends try and get me to do. I even bought a premium membership so that I could purchase guest passes to try and convince people to come along.... without much luck at all (got one friend to go on 3 seperate occasions).

Id like to try and find a group who go along to the footy to sit with and get amongst. Yes yes I get it sounds desperate but I really dont want to give up my membership or go to the footy on my own so im kinda out of options. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Go DEMONS!

G'day Burf!

I've got my own crew already (family) but there are two ways you could go about joining up with fellow Demons at the footy.

One is to make friends with the supporters sitting around you - what type of premium member are you? Redlegs? Trident etc..

Also, late last year, there was a group of Demons who organised pre-game get-togethers and then sat with each other at matches, I think wearing red hats or red shirts or similar. They organised this through this message board - I'm not great with the search engine on here but maybe someone from that group will see your post and point you in the right direction.

Dare I ask how you came to be a Demon in the midst of what will go down as one of the club's most disastrous eras?

Regardless of the answer, good to hear you're still on board and have resisted the temptation to switch teams - hopefully your decision will pay dividends soon with some success!

• Like 1

take up smoking

outside between quarters is a great way to meet people,also your getting fresh air at the same time

• Like 2

G'day Burf!

I've got my own crew already (family) but there are two ways you could go about joining up with fellow Demons at the footy.

One is to make friends with the supporters sitting around you - what type of premium member are you? Redlegs? Trident etc..

Also, late last year, there was a group of Demons who organised pre-game get-togethers and then sat with each other at matches, I think wearing red hats or red shirts or similar. They organised this through this message board - I'm not great with the search engine on here but maybe someone from that group will see your post and point you in the right direction.

Dare I ask how you came to be a Demon in the midst of what will go down as one of the club's most disastrous eras?

Regardless of the answer, good to hear you're still on board and have resisted the temptation to switch teams - hopefully your decision will pay dividends soon with some success!

Thanks for the info GrapeViney.... I will look into that and try to find out some more info. I got the premium members package. The problem is that last year the crowd was so sparse because there wasn't really anybody there alot of the time. Just that little bit to far in terms of distance to butt into another group if you know what I mean! Ahhh yes why did I pick the Dee's? Well the first game I saw was the one high point where we beat the bombers. Love the emblem, love the guernsey and just love the club. Good things come to those who wait right?! Even if it's 50 years!

• Like 2

You could head to the Lindsay Hasset room before the game where other Premium members have a drink or a meal. A couple of players come and are interviewed. Everyone is pretty friendly & will always have a chat.

Hi all,

Cheers!

Go DEMONS!

Row 48DD in the members been ther10 years with a great bunch of guys Welcome

I will go with you if Biff and BBO agree to come along. I would like to see if BBO's avatar is what he claims it is and if Biff really is the degenerate he claims he is. That is if you don't mind going to the footy with a bloke wearing a balaclava and spewing profanities.

You could head to the Lindsay Hasset room before the game where other Premium members have a drink or a meal. A couple of players come and are interviewed. Everyone is pretty friendly & will always have a chat.

Is that the area where the bar is when you go back through the two sliding glass doors?

Mate traditionally sitting in the members was a good enough way to meet people - that's where half my group came from BUT in 2013 no one turned up to games!

out of my group of nine only one other went to more than two games and we never missed a home game between 2004 - 07.

but people stopped going.

next year under roos the members will be busting with people. If your still needing a crew give us a hot but we tend to booze on so be warned.

Will attend a game with you in Range Rover, Ben Hur, Satyrihome or whatever his name is all sit with us. That way whatever action there is on the field will be trumped by the action off it.

There really isn't enough match making on this site! We need to bring together some more demon families over time, keep the blood pure as well like the um oh I can't say that on demonland.