Priority Pick Hypothetical

Machsy

I want to pose a hypothetical.

Assume:

- we are to receive a priority pick;

- it will be pick 1 (giving us picks 1 and 3);

- we are going to trade pick 1 as we do not want Boyd;

- and he has been unanimously rated as clear number 1.

Who do we trade it to?

Who is it worth the most to?

What player/players should we target in a trade?

What sort of value should we expect to get back for the rights to Boyd?

Personally, I think it's probably between the Bulldogs and Brisbane, with Fremantle as a smoky to get involved.

I'd go to Brisbane and demand Rockliff plus maybe Green or Karnezis.

Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

I want to pose a hypothetical.

Assume:

- we are to receive a priority pick;

- it will be pick 1 (giving us picks 1 and 3);

- we are going to trade pick 1 as we do not want Boyd;

- and he has been unanimously rated as clear number 1.

Who do we trade it to?

Who is it worth the most to?

What player/players should we target in a trade?

What sort of value should we expect to get back for the rights to Boyd?

Personally, I think it's probably between the Bulldogs and Brisbane, with Fremantle as a smoky to get involved.

I'd go to Brisbane and demand Rockliff plus maybe Green or Karnezis.

Any other suggestions?

Carlton are in desperate need of a young developing forward, they really have messed their timing up Carlton.

Logically, Cartlon actually need a forward a couple years older than Boyd, they should've got Fev back after his Brissy stint.

Bulldogs need Boyd, he is a great fit and timing is perfect for them, it would also take pressure off Grant and Jones to develop into something.

Freo will need a forward when Pav retires, but not as bad as other sides, Freo are predominately defensive, plus they have conjured goals this year without Pav.

You are right about Brisbane, they will desperately need a forward from next year onwards.

What can these sides give up... Carlton: Yarran, Lucas.

Brisbane: Polec.

Fremantle: They won't give up anyone, it will set their coach back and he didn't go there to develop, they can only give up picks.

Bulldogs: Higgins and picks.

trade pick on to gold coast for david swallow and first round pick or to GWS for taylor adams and pick 2 or to fremantle for michael barlow

trade pick on to gold coast for david swallow and first round pick or to GWS for taylor adams and pick 2 or to fremantle for michael barlow

Not Barlow, he is too much of a risk with his knee.

Barlow isn't worth pick 1, he is a good player, but for Tom Boyd, clubs should offer up a better deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood came into player, they are under cap pressure and it would serve them well to offload a star - for a great young kid.

They should trade Daisy or Swan.

Not Barlow, he is too much of a risk with his knee.

Barlow isn't worth pick 1, he is a good player, but for Tom Boyd, clubs should offer up a better deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood came into player, they are under cap pressure and it would serve them well to offload a star - for a great young kid.

They should trade Daisy or Swan.

They haven't got much in the tall forward department at the moment aside from Cloke. Could we snare on of Pendelbury, Beams or Sidebottom?

The only issue is whether or not those guys are actually worth pick one.

They haven't got much in the tall forward department at the moment aside from Cloke. Could we snare on of Pendelbury, Beams or Sidebottom?

Pendelbury is absolutely worth pick 1, no chance the pies will let him slip though, beams and sidebottom would have to be considered surely

I agree with DF that Pendles is easily worth pick 1, he'd be worth more than that.

IMO Sidebottom would easily be worth pick 1, very underrated.

Beams would be, but given his injuries this year, would be a big risk.

But, I always thought Collingwood could've got away with trading Swan to GWS and then built a side around Pendles and Thomas.

Now they'll probably end up losing a young gun instead of Swan.

Because their salary cap would be getting very tight, surprised more isn't spoken about Collingwoods ability to retain all these top notch players.

Pendelbury is absolutely worth pick 1, no chance the pies will let him slip though, beams and sidebottom would have to be considered surely

Looking back, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Of course Pendlebury is worth pick 1 and in our situation I guess we'd be likely to give up pick 1 for a player who might not be worth quite that anyway. Beams if fit would be a beauty.

Looking back, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Of course Pendlebury is worth pick 1 and in our situation I guess we'd be likely to give up pick 1 for a player who might not be worth quite that anyway. Beams if fit would be a beauty.

Haha fair enough, if Collingwood offered pendels i reckon we would take that over just about anything else any club could offer, young, elite mid, amazing skills, leader, everything we are screaming out for

I think that if we are given picks 1 and 3.. We should consider taking Tom Boyd and a Aish/Sheed.. With the uncertainty of Clark, and imagine the FWD line combo of Hogan and Boyd for 10 years

• Like 2

I think that if we are given picks 1 and 3.. We should consider taking Tom Boyd and a Aish/Sheed.. With the uncertainty of Clark, and imagine the FWD line combo of Hogan and Boyd for 10 years

It's no good if we can't get the ball to them, and at this point our information is that Clark will be fine for round 1 2014

• Like 1

It's no good if we can't get the ball to them, and at this point our information is that Clark will be fine for round 1 2014

I just think that IF Tom Boyd is that talent that he is being hyped up to be.. we should not be letting that opportunity slip

• Like 5

I can't see GWS or the Suns being too interested in getting Boyd.

Both are well stocked with forwards, and won't give up the farm.

We should be aiming to deal with teams that are desperate for a KPF so we can create a bidding war and get over the odds.

I don't think Barlow is worth pick 1.

We take Boyd and look to trade others.

Would you leave pick 1 open to offers or not even go that far? surely it would be silly not to at least see what sort of offers are made?

Agreed - our midfield is so weak that it is killing our performances and confidence.

We need improvement now for both the fans and players (contracts and faith). That improvement is going to come from strengthening our midfield and Aish is not the immediate onfield leader/performer we need.

We keep talking about our poor development - that's partly because we don't have any leaders/A-grade players.

Although if we do get Pendels I think we would still need to target a good congestion mid and leader (Dal Santo?).

It's not that we just need mids, we need leaders, we need blokes who are going to teach guys like Jimmy toumpas and Jack viney and Jack Trengove what's required to be an elite mid, Nathan jones is great but he needs support, apart from dale Thomas i don't see anyone like that coming out of the draft or free agency, if we get pick 1 that's our real currency.

if we got a really good offer we would have to seriously consider it, if not i wouldn't complain about him

I'd consider Sidebottom and a pick, but I'd really prefer a better leader.

Sidebottom comes across as a follower to me.

I think if we are looking at a deal like that, the Lions, Bulldogs, St Kilda and Carlton will offer a bit more to trump that.

I honestly don't think we'll ever get an off of Pendlebury, Griffen, Fyfe or Marc Murphy.

Best we can hope for is a Swan or Beams (star with serious issues), or a second tier player like a Rockliff, Rich, Gibbs, Yarran, David Armitage, Jack Steven, plus serious change.

Tom Liberatore is no chance, since he seems a legit star in the making, and is a father-son.

Really, the bulldogs don't have much at all that they'd consider trading, and nothing mature.

I'd think about Jack MacRae, but you'd need at least a 2nd round pick to go with him.

Freo have a lot more assets to trade, but if want at least Mundy.

I want to pose a hypothetical.Assume:- we are to receive a priority pick;- it will be pick 1 (giving us picks 1 and 3);- we are going to trade pick 1 as we do not want Boyd;- and he has been unanimously rated as clear number 1.Who do we trade it to?Who is it worth the most to?What player/players should we target in a trade?What sort of value should we expect to get back for the rights to Boyd?Personally, I think it's probably between the Bulldogs and Brisbane, with Fremantle as a smoky to get involved.I'd go to Brisbane and demand Rockliff plus maybe Green or Karnezis.Any other suggestions?
I can't see GWS or the Suns being too interested in getting Boyd.Both are well stocked with forwards, and won't give up the farm.We should be aiming to deal with teams that are desperate for a KPF so we can create a bidding war and get over the odds.I don't think Barlow is worth pick 1.

Stupid post. Hypothetically speaking all the players named by you are not worth a top 10 pick.

Just to point out your stupidity more, Gold Coast are not flush with tall forwards, and GWS could be included in a multi club deal.

The big thing that makes me wanna take boyd is that if Hogan up and leaves for the west at some stage we could cover the loss, my issue however is that we may get huge offers for boyd,

what if Brisbane offered Rich and Hanley?

The big thing that makes me wanna take boyd is that if Hogan up and leaves for the west at some stage we could cover the loss, my issue however is that we may get huge offers for boyd,

what if Brisbane offered Rich and Hanley?

Well if we improve our midfield and the team therefor improves then he probably wont want to leave