WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

RobbieF in what manner do you think the MCC is the problem ?

• Like 1

Williams/Eade/Ratten/Craig out of touch.

Young, contemporary team that are not long out of the game, with a gun assistant as our new coach.

Think about it.

Who says we need an 'experienced' (washed up) coach? If we get a gun name, big personality, the supporters will be back.

I spoke to Matty Boyd recently and asked him about Rocket. He was very underwhelming in his support of RE. Matt said that the older players would enjoy playing under Eade, but not neccessarily the younger ones. (That's 3/4 of our list.) I think the insinuation was that Eade had lost touch with young people and had trouble communicating with them.

Thanks for the insight S39 - sometimes you don't really consider things like that but lets hope our coaching selection panel has it under control.

I think its a balance between getting someone with experience and success, likeable by both players and supporters and still has some flare (I think some have been in the game too long - Sheedy).

Thats one of the reasons I think Roos is a great choice - he hasn't been out of the game for too long but enough to have a breath of fresh air and find some enthusiasm for footy again.

Edited by Young Dee

Williams/Eade/Ratten/Craig out of touch.

Young, contemporary team that are not long out of the game, with a gun assistant as our new coach.

Think about it.

Who says we need an 'experienced' (washed up) coach? If we get a gun name, big personality, the supporters will be back.

Who would that be?

Do you really think that Jackson will gamble on an Adam Simpson?

Do you really think that a Leigh Tudor will excite fans?

Neil Craig is more of a chance to coach this club than an untried coach.

• Like 3

PJ has already unequivocally stated we will NOT be getting an untried, unexperienced Senior coach.

simples

• Like 1

You are kidding yourself if you think Craig is a chance to coach the club next season.

Craig can definately coach next year and I would like to see him do this. But he needs the support of a very good coaching team. We need to get the up and coming coaches such as Bassett, Ling, McDonald and someone like a Matt Knights or Brett Ratten to support. Don't arm our next coach with duds like Royal, Rawlings and three no name assistance with no AFL experience.

The coach is only the face of the coaching team, we need the best assistance out there with a coach that can manage his team.

Our team is spent, it is unfair to assess Craig on how the team performs, he is trying to pick a team up of the canvas and keep them up for 11 weeks, he did it for 3-4 weeks but it has become an impossable task.

PJ has already unequivocally stated we will NOT be getting an untried, unexperienced Senior coach.

simples

PJ's got this .... I bet you he has something up his sleeve - I have heard that he has a frozen Ron Barassi from the 70's.

I would like Ron to give it to a few players on our list!

I spoke to Matty Boyd recently and asked him about Rocket. He was very underwhelming in his support of RE. Matt said that the older players would enjoy playing under Eade, but not neccessarily the younger ones. (That's 3/4 of our list.) I think the insinuation was that Eade had lost touch with young people and had trouble communicating with them.

Eade coaching at coll.........Choco coaching at Rich........I don't think either of them would have trouble with the young blokes......When Eade was coaching at the Bulldogs he had a very senior list and was making finals....

Craig can definately coach next year and I would like to see him do this. But he needs the support of a very good coaching team. We need to get the up and coming coaches such as Bassett, Ling, McDonald and someone like a Matt Knights or Brett Ratten to support. Don't arm our next coach with duds like Royal, Rawlings and three no name assistance with no AFL experience.

This line of thinking always amuses me - how would you know the worth of our assistants ? Ling hasnt coached, Knights and Ratten were both bulletted as head coaches. Maybe all these guys can be great assistants but the only person to judge their value is the head coach - we sitting in the stands wouldnt have a clue.

• Like 1

PJ's got this .... I bet you he has something up his sleeve - I have heard that he has a frozen Ron Barassi from the 70's.

I would like Ron to give it to a few players on our list!

I wonder if the frozen booga out of steve mccanns nose can be blown after the game if we win

I wonder if the frozen booga out of steve mccanns nose can be blown after the game if we win

should be more of it!!

These quotes from Craig resonate with me. Especially the second line.

“Whoever comes to Melbourne next year needs to be really clear they come to involved in AFL footy ... but more that they come with a passion to make Melbourne good.

“Otherwise your club just becomes a vehicle to be involved in AFL footy and that’s the last thing Melbourne needs at the moment in terms of staff, administrators, board and, in particular, players.

Craig at least understands this as being so crucial in the selection of the new coach.

• Like 1

This line of thinking always amuses me - how would you know the worth of our assistants ? Ling hasnt coached, Knights and Ratten were both bulletted as head coaches. Maybe all these guys can be great assistants but the only person to judge their value is the head coach - we sitting in the stands wouldnt have a clue.

Nutbean, if we appointed Knights it's all over red rover for Melbourne. Could possibly live with Ratten.

These quotes from Craig resonate with me. Especially the second line.

“Whoever comes to Melbourne next year needs to be really clear they come to involved in AFL footy ... but more that they come with a passion to make Melbourne good.

“Otherwise your club just becomes a vehicle to be involved in AFL footy and that’s the last thing Melbourne needs at the moment in terms of staff, administrators, board and, in particular, players.

Craig at least understands this as being so crucial in the selection of the new coach.

He was probably talking about Neeld

If Roos continues to say no, and I believe he most definitely will, then Mark Williams is our man. We need someone to take this playing list by the scruff if the neck and shake it, hard. We need a coach who will not just enhance our players belief in themselves and their team, but revolutionise it. Does anyone seriously think that Rodney Eade has that ability?

Having said that, the above post got me thinking that perhaps, and I stress perhaps, a Craig/Eade team could play such a roll. But I only believe that with Eade and Craig working with the players together there is a possibility they can do the required job, one without the other will simply not be enough.

If Roos continues to say no, and I believe he most definitely will, then Mark Williams is our man. We need someone to take this playing list by the scruff if the neck and shake it, hard. We need a coach who will not just enhance our players belief in themselves and their team, but revolutionise it. Does anyone seriously think that Rodney Eade has that ability?

Having said that, the above post got me thinking that perhaps, and I stress perhaps, a Craig/Eade team could play such a roll. But I only believe that with Eade and Craig working with the players together there is a possibility they can do the required job, one without the other will simply not be enough.

Eade/Craig works better than Craig/Eade. Don't mind Craig but he has to modify his gum chewing. Blo ody disgusting

Eade/Craig works better than Craig/Eade. Don't mind Craig but he has to modify his gum chewing. Blo ody disgusting

He can store his gum in his ears for all I care - as long as we are winning games!

• Like 1

Nutbean, when Ratten coached our Midfield it worked with no stars just honest footballers, when Wellman coached our backline it worked and was under constant attack. Good assistant coaches improve players and are vital to a head coaches success. McDonald is looking after GWS midfield it is organised and works, Ling is a punt but he is respected and comes from a great club. Bassett his having good success as a head coach in the SANFL like Knights in the VFL.

Your assistant coaches are just as important as your head coach, if they can't excute their role the head coach is stuffed. Our assistant coaches aren't up to standard.

• Like 1

Nutbean, if we appointed Knights it's all over red rover for Melbourne. Could possibly live with Ratten.

I am not advocating either of these guys for the head job. I am on record as saying that unfortunately it is not only about coaching - it is about members, sponsors, AFL, media and the wider football community - that is why the AFL is so gungho on Roos as he ticks the coaching box and all the other periphery boxes.

My comment was more about calling our assistants duds when truly no one except those who are actively involved would know ( ie coach, footy manager,etc)

Whats Rattens contract status?

Lets just get him - midfield coach with Ling as his assistant please. (don't care how much it costs - put it on the AFL's tab)

If we don't get rid of all responsible for the midfield then this rebuild is pointless (...Royal)

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

Nutbean, when Ratten coached our Midfield it worked with no stars just honest footballers, when Wellman coached our backline it worked and was under constant attack. Good assistant coaches improve players and are vital to a head coaches success. McDonald is looking after GWS midfield it is organised and works, Ling is a punt but he is respected and comes from a great club. Bassett his having good success as a head coach in the SANFL like Knights in the VFL.

Your assistant coaches are just as important as your head coach, if they can't excute their role the head coach is stuffed. Our assistant coaches aren't up to standard.

And Leigh Brown came from a successful club. And Craig as Football director has success.

I would suggest you are guessing. The assistants are a reflection of the head coach. The head coach and the assistants are only as good as the players. GWS midfield is organised and works ( to an extent) because it is overflowing with talent. As far as coaching the VFL is concerned - This can be misleading - Casey does quite well in the VFL because we have a lot of MFC players who are really good VFL players and substandard AFL players.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1