Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

Bottom line for me is Freeman is going on holiday and is unwell.

He is not the man to lead this club out of the mud.

Reading todays Aged Jeffrey says Freeman is a mate.

Cool maybe a good fit is that Geoff Freeman joins the Kennett ticket.

I say it again...WE NEED OUTSIDE ENERGY.

People who have been at successful clubs.

No more jobs for mates.

Do you even read yourself?

And aren't we all mates in the Demon-verse?

If the AFL didnt want Kennet they would all but say so. AD has publicly all but endorsed such a move. i.e "If you want to Jeff, go for it" its up to Melbourne.

i believe Jeff when he says his main motivation is that the MFC was a once great brand that has been reduced to almost nothing, and he wants to build it back to something

to have the name of Melbourne is a privilege, and i think Jeff is a man that loves this city and the state of Victoria and he wants to see the team that represents the capital city to be strong once again

• Like 2

Jackson and the AFL have stepped in

Jackon IS the AFL, make no mistake

Currently the club is reporting to Jackson and Jackson relays this to VLAD.

Normally the CEO reports to the Board but currently the CEO is overseeing the boards very restructure ( at the behest of AD )

Bottom line for me is Freeman is going on holiday and is unwell.

He is not the man to lead this club out of the mud.

Reading todays Aged Jeffrey says Freeman is a mae.

Cool maybe a good fit is that Geoff Freeman joins the Kennett ticket.

I say it again...WE NEED OUTSIDE ENERGY.

People who have been at successful clubs.

No more jobs for mates.

wyl does this mean "Mate" ?

If the AFL didnt want Kennet they would all but say so. AD has publicly all but endorsed such a move. i.e "If you want to Jeff, go for it" its up to Melbourne.

Well, that seems like a platitude considering the AFL is pulling our reigns AND holds our purse strings.

i believe Jeff when he says his main motivation is that the MFC was a once great brand that has been reduced to almost nothing, and he wants to build it back to something

to have the name of Melbourne is a privilege, and i think Jeff is a man that loves this city and the state of Victoria and he wants to see the team that represents the capital city to be strong once again

I have heard him on 3AW with Neil Mitchell a number of times and have formed the exact same opinion.

• Like 1

Well, that seems like a platitude considering the AFL is pulling our reigns AND holds our purse strings.

Yes , in a way it is, How novel for the AFL huh

We WILL get a president that endorsed by VLAD...simple as

Everything from now until we can show we can not only stand on our own two feet but run ( and kick with the big boys ) will be orchestrated by THAT end of town. Why ? Because weve shown no capacity to do it for ourselves

Do you even read yourself?

And aren't we all mates in the Demon-verse?

Yes i do. Freeman is not Hollywood Boulevard. Nice try.

Your wish is that the AFL sort all this out with Jackson. It won't happen. We need people on the new board who have layers of business connections to totally rebuild this club.

Is a man going on holidays who has been ill the right person to lead this big job??

Yes i do. Freeman is not Hollywood Boulevard. Nice try.

Your wish is that the AFL sort all this out with Jackson. It won't happen. We need people on the new board who have layers of business connections to totally rebuild this club.

Is a man going on holidays who has been ill the right person to lead this big job??

IMO a definite NO

• Like 1

Or to merge with North.

Edited by PJ_12345

Or to become a bigger and more relevant club.

Think about that rather than death.

We have a new CEO restructuring the FD department, its very likely we will have a new coach by the end of the season, there is a board restructure happening and the AFL will bail us out financially and hopefully give us priority picks to help us with our list.

Stop being so melodramatic - we are not dead without Jeff.

I just don't see how an outspoken man who very recently was a key figure in suggesting we should merge would help the situation.

Right now we need calm people to steer us through this and work with the AFL and PJ. Jeff isn't one of them, particularly considering his latest comments about the AFL and comparing GWS to Gallipoli.

Good president, but wrong time.

• Like 1

So far theres been an absolute calvalcade of people storming the barracades flying their colours and announcing to all and sundry their desire ( let alone ability ) to take this basket case of a club by the scruff of its neck and lead it back to respectability within this competition ( the one it founded btw )

Lets see...count them every one

theres Jeff Kennet

theres.....

ummm

and theres ...

All those others are working by stealth obviously.

I would sincerely like to hear from others. I would like people to contest this role.

Where are they ?

Who is your candidate PJ?

No one at this stage.

I'll make an informed decision when i see some tickets, plans, strategies, and actual confirmed candidates. Rather than an someone saying members have approached him to become president and stating the obvious like "we need a cultural change".

Personally I want someone who can work well with PJ and the AFL and focus on the debt.

PJ can focus on the FD

Experienced coach can focus on the players

AFL can help us out with tanking fine and priority picks for our list

New president/board need to focus on memberships and revenue

Right now I'm worried Jeff would want to do alot of the things his way rather than letting experienced people do their own thing - something which got us to this situation (see CS)

What about you OD?

Edited by PJ_12345

We have a new CEO restructuring the FD department, its very likely we will have a new coach by the end of the season, there is a board restructure happening and the AFL will bail us out financially and hopefully give us priority picks to help us with our list.

Stop being so melodramatic - we are not dead without Jeff.

I just don't see how an outspoken man who very recently was a key figure in suggesting we should merge would help the situation.

Right now we need calm people to steer us through this and work with the AFL and PJ. Jeff isn't one of them, particularly considering his latest comments about the AFL and comparing GWS to Gallipoli.

Good president, but wrong time.

That is your opinion. Fair enough. But like rpfc you are expecting the AFL to do all the hard work. They won't. They will assist.

An internal review of the board by a sitting member of that board does not cut it for me.

The smell of failure will still linger.

What is the point of Jeff merging this club anyway?

What would he gain from it?

That is not a challenge. Merging is easy. Just give up.

I was NEVER A JEFF VOTER but by christ he was and is a fighter.

If ever we need a fighter it is now.

So i am suprised you say wrong time.

When is a preferred time for you, when it is too late??

I don't have blind faith in him and I don't see him as a messiah but Jackson has the mandate of the AFL to shake up the club as CEO - both above and below.

Jackson and the AFL have stepped in - there is no need for Jeff Kennett.

100% agree with you on this 'rpfc'...most of us want change and this is what we are getting. Let Jackson do his job, Jeff will only muddy the waters.

The Job of a President/Chairman and his/her board is to oversee the direction of its spirit and culture

They are two vastly different if , interdependent vocations

There is EVERY need for a Chairman with passion and vision.

Jackson will be a transitional influence. then he will in all likely hood move on, job done. The Chairman will I suspect be here for a longer period of overseeing the rebuild off the field leading to the resurgence on the field.

We need both , an effective CEO and a passionate , visionary President/Board

I wouldn't trust anyone whose passion seems to change with the wind. That is not passion for a cause it is opportunism and passion for his own ego and agenda. It is not true passion, true passion runs much deeper than Jeff.

Visionary, I've heard nothing from Jeff or seen actions that seem to display that quality...from Ian Dicker at Hawthorn and Frank Costa at Geelong there was most definitely a vision held by people with true passion and the drive to push it through. Did you ever hear these 2 talk the rubbish that Jeff does, were they dial a quotes who loved seeing themselves in the media, no they got in a did the things that needed to be done and got the right people around them to do it.

• Like 1

whilst i respect your view DL thats a guess.

We dont know anything really and I suspect until events unfold next week thats what we will know.

If nothing else Jeff doing all a favour by forcing hands, how long might some of this taken had no one put their hand up !!

Jeff doing us a favor... its us on here, thats been putting the pressure on the club, & the board over the last 2 seasons, & the northern stand people, & the AFL Commission since the inquisition, to get this thing sorted...

45 years is just Too long, for this club & its MCC friends, to get this club off its knees...

It been well overdue that the apathy around our support base was woken from its slumber,,, But, there's a danger, to get too angry & overdo it...

we are up and about now, all our supporter factions awoken, but the key Now is to not destroy one another in our haste to fix it... we've not only woken everyone, we've stirred up a hornets nest...

We do NOT need kennett to do the job, Now we are all Awake, & taking notice.

we need our own Head of business.

Edited by dee-luded

rjay...

weve actually to hear from ANYONE regarding what they intend

All i want is that passion , that vision etc. along with ability

Im like many....waiting for someone to say something thats we can then deliberate on.

I acknowledge Jeff hasnt...but hes going to apparently.

No one else, I repeat NO ONE else has even tipped their hat that far.

I awit with eagerness the various visions

• Like 1

I've not made any decisions re JGK

but....the last guy to right the good ship mfc and bring in a total culture change was a guy from richmond named checker. went on to give decades and decades of service both as a coach and administrator

those that followed shortly after built on checker's foundations

• Like 1

I just get the feeling that Lethal has been out of it for a while and is not really interested anymore. I believe he is happy with his media work. I think he still lives in Queensland, but I could be wrong and wants to stay there.

Mark Williams is still involved at Richmond and is still in the thick of it. He is also younger than Leigh who is now 61.

you just lost me, it sounds like you don't like Leigh & so you would carry over the same prejudices of our old ways which have stopped us from progression.

Leigh should be approached but also chased hard to get his signature... following him, Sheedy, who should have Ling as his assistant, with a view to take over from Sheedy in 2 + Years..

... after these 2, Bomba Thompson should be chased, to see if he can be persuaded... he too, was able to get change from a dysfunctional Club & Culture. the number of coaches who can truly change a Clubs culture could be counted on One hand over the last 25 Years.

Roos of course, but as we agree, he seems like he doesn't like what we stand for, as Vlad said... & I think I can understand it....