Long Term Injury List - Do you place Clark on it and who gets elevated?

If we placed Clark on the long term injury list who do you elevate for him.

For me it is a no brainer has to be Magner, we are getting smashed in the middle and throw ups around the ground, he is reguarly getting 30 - 35 disposals a week at Casey, will definetly help Jones & Viney, until we get more of the ball out of the middle we are going to struggle to kick a winning score.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Should we do it or does that mean Clark will spend longer on the sidelines due to minimum time you have to stay on the LTJ list?

If we placed Clark on the long term injury list who do you elevate for him.

For me it is a no brainer has to be Magner, we are getting smashed in the middle and throw ups around the ground, he is reguarly getting 30 - 35 disposals a week at Casey, will definetly help Jones & Viney, until we get more of the ball out of the middle we are going to struggle to kick a winning score.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Should we do it or does that mean Clark will spend longer on the sidelines due to minimum time you have to stay on the LTJ list?

I've just posted the first part of JVM's match preview for this week and it's titled "NO FIRE IN THE BELLY".

If anyone should have fire in the belly then it would have to be James Magner.

Clark's injury is a 6 to 8 weeker and inevitably with Melbourne those injuries turn out to take longer. If he can't come back due to being on the LTI then so be it - it gives him more time to heal.

Magner should play this week.

• Like 4

I've just posted the first part of JVM's match preview for this week and it's titled "NO FIRE IN THE BELLY". If anyone should have fire in the belly then it would have to be James Magner. Clark's injury is a 6 to 8 weeker and inevitably with Melbourne those injuries turn out to take longer. If he can't come back due to being on the LTI then so be it - it gives him more time to heal. Magner should play this week.

This is my sentiment exactly. Even if Clark doesn't need the extra week or two to put him on the LTI list, it will do him no harm. Bring on Magner.

• Like 1

Week 7 of 8 is a bye. best case scenario he misses 6, is ready for vfl week 7, plays afl week 8. If we promote magner the only set back for mitch is he cant play (vfl or afl) until week 9. Id make the switch, magner for 7 games right now is more valuable than mitch for 1.

But afl collective bargining agreement says mitch must agree to being put on the list, so it is not entirely up to the club.

Week 7 of 8 is a bye. best case scenario he misses 6, is ready for vfl week 7, plays afl week 8. If we promote magner the only set back for mitch is he cant play (vfl or afl) until week 9. Id make the switch, magner for 7 games right now is more valuable than mitch for 1.

But afl collective bargining agreement says mitch must agree to being put on the list, so it is not entirely up to the club.

It's a team game and I think Andy's right. There's every chance going on history that Mitch might miss more than 6 - 8 in which case, it's te right thing for him to do by the team to stand down the extra couple of weeks max especially since he would still be covered for his pay.

• Like 1

Magner. Why hasn't it already been done? Seems like a total no brainer. I'll be shocked if he is not playing this weekend.

Because he may not need 8 weeks. Neeld spoke of 4-6, and the original prognosis was 6-8 or "up to 8 weeks". If he's LTI, the best that we could hope for would be Casey week 9, then back week 10, which blows that out quite a bit.

Because he may not need 8 weeks. Neeld spoke of 4-6, and the original prognosis was 6-8 or "up to 8 weeks". If he's LTI, the best that we could hope for would be Casey week 9, then back week 10, which blows that out quite a bit.

Can't the LTI player even play VFL before week 8? That's silly?

If so then I guess I agree with the decision.

If not I was thinking Clark will be 2 weeks off feet, 2 weeks light duty, 2 weeks proper training and then 1 week at Casey we are already at 7 may as well put him on the LTI.

I'm hoping this isn't a financial decision regarding upgrading Magner because he seems to have earnt his chance well and truly. Lucky we get one upgrade at week 11 I guess.

• Like 1

The article about Watts injury said the surgery went well and was looking more like a 6-week comeback.

I think everyone knows what to expect from Magner, personally i'd be happy to see him promoted and in the team if they dropped McKenzie for his spot, otherwise it doesn't bother me too much not having him in the side.

Magner. Why hasn't it already been done? Seems like a total no brainer. I'll be shocked if he is not playing this weekend.

Prepare to be shocked Roost. I Have a gut feeling Neeld isn't a Magner fan. Just the way he played him in the defensive forward type role late last year. Then onto the rookie list. That's a statement imo. Be lucky to get a game this year and who knows if he'll be with us next year. Deserves a spot and I can only hope Neeld comes to his senses on this immediately.

Last thing we wanna do is rush mitch back, get magner in there he has well and truely earned a run

I have a feeling Mitch was rushed a tad as it was. I cld be way off the money but the Dawes injury early may have placed a degree of extra pressure to bring him back ASAP to offer a KF target and also the fan factor. Pure speculation but it is quite possible a top team with other forward options MIGHT have gone a touch slower on a stepping up to a full senior appearance. I have to defer to Misson et al & Clark himself on this. They wld obviously be the best judges. No need to rush him from here though. Be happy for him to sit the rest of the year out if it meant a full pre season coming into 2014. If it goes again this year the set back could be career terminal. Edited by Rusty Nails

Even if its 8 weeks, he should have a minimum of 3 games with Casey, to ease the foot back into combat.

This time would be very well spent working in tandem with Hogan & Fitpatrick... Fitzy could really use as much 1st ruck time @ Casey as possible this year to help his development.

Hogan & Clark learning one another's games, in the forwardline together, would be very beneficial.

... this would also allow the group of Gawn, Spencer or Jamar, & Dawes, to work together in the Melbourne side. I'd like to see a rotation worked out

for these 3 Ruckmen, where we can play 2 rucks, of these 3, each week. resting one every so often, thru the next 8 or so weeks.

Guest fitness

It's beyond my comprehension how Magner wasn't upgraded to the senior list yet the likes of Gillies and Rodan are on there.

Clark is finished for this year and maybe forever. Remember meesen?

Someone needs a hug

• Like 1