New boys

Bossdog

Well hopefully Dawes can get up for r2.

Anyone see the full article on this story in the sun. Im not a subscriber but is this another crack at us.

Please Explain: Melbourne Moneyball recruiting strategy could backfire
  • Glenn McFarlane
  • March 28, 2013 12:36PM
story-fb.png

IN the first installment of a weekly series, Glenn McFarlane writes an open letter to a target who needs to be asked the hard questions in footy.

DEAR MELBOURNE,

Yes......Questions the value of the players we recruited and of the ones we let go.....Clearly does not like the Dawes byrnes recruitment.......But what does he know???......Just a nothing piece....some jurno shooting off his mouth.....

Pederson to debut on the back of a poor nab cup. Interesting.

i'm confident he will produce good football. When he was given the chance at north he was a pretty good fwd

So I guess the actual teams are announced tonight not tomorrow night?

There is live chat on our team selection/lineup on the MFC website tonight from 6:15!

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/interactive/live-chat

Also live chat on team selections on AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-28/live-round-one-teams

Edited by Young Dee

i'm confident he will produce good football. When he was given the chance at north he was a pretty good fwd

I think he is a seasoned footballer.

we have a shortage of those.

He could not hold down a regular spot at North.

We swapped him for Gysberts

So not a lot lost by adding him to our team.

From the little I have seen in the NAB he looked average.

At best he will add a bit of depth, cannot see him dragging us into the winners circle.

Going to be good to watch Viney and Wines go head to head.

Agree, so who is going to get the free when both players dive head first into the ball.

Would have been nice to draft both boys, good mates, would have played well together. However, very happy with Zeus. I hope he becomes a superstar and converts the Greek community into members :)

Who incidentally, isn't named for North, even as an emergency.

If all Pedersen does is keep Sellar and co. honest, he'll be a good pickup. Real games haven't started, but Sellar seems to have stepped up over the off-season, so perhaps that scenario is already playing out.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Pedersen, he's in a different structure at Melbourne, so let's see how things play out.

• Like 2

I think he is a seasoned footballer.

we have a shortage of those.

He could not hold down a regular spot at North.

So not a lot lost by adding him to our team.

From the little I have seen in the NAB he looked average.

At best he will add a bit of depth, cannot see him dragging us into the winners circle.

if he can produce the form he did in 2011 and for the most part 2012 then he will be a good pick up. I feel he was very unlucky not to play a fair chunk of last year for north considering his very strong VFL form, the only thing keeping him out was the good form of the fwds that north had in at the time.

edit: uploaded the most recent video of him i could find

Edited by young dee enthusiast

Dean Kent has something about him. Pace, power, aggro, ball winning ability and kicking abilty. GET ON HIM THE PARK ASAP!

I seriously think we've discovered a gem with that kid. He's like Tapscott 2.0. I also want to see him out there sooner rather than later.