Thrown to the wolves & media gone to the dogs

DeeVoted

The media of today.

Lets target sport, as we can relate to our own misgivings from the drawnout saga of our investigation in progress.

It is really has hit rock bottom.even with the advancement of electronic media able to give us events as they happen,most of what we get isnt worth the read any more.Of course there a small handful that are able to express a view that is even handed.They are able to give their readers a full detailed account of a what happened how it came about,what actions may be taken,if possible who or what is involved. (if that can be made known), at least leave their readers to form their own opinion or conclusions.while waiting for a official statement to be released and then pass it on based on fact.

Some or most will remember after reading an article would get to work, or school,and couldnt wait to discuss a probable outcome with workmates or classmates each having formed their own views, perhaps swayed or had'nt been unware of some facts reported .Usually made for some interesting discussion.Just like a mystery novel, most would be on tenderhooks waiting for the outcome to see who was right or who was way off the mark.

What do we get now, we get a 2-bit sports writer, along with a few others, that, for whatever reason,decide the facts arent as important as their own opinon. They would rather take their own high moral ground.ignore the facts.not even bother to do any research on events that lead to the story taking place therefore not giving the reader a detailed account leading up to,and what could be the worst or likely outcome.They chose to guess, try to pull rabbits out of hats get everyone that isnt a fanboy. offside. baying for their blood.

Some will remember Alf Browm head sports writer in days gone by. (to name one) Regarded as one of the best ever in his day. He didnt have the luxury of shooting off emails he relied on phone calls, setting up interviews and getting the facts, then passing it on to the readers. He got the facts from the horses mouth,why? because he was respected he got the scoops of the day why? because he reported the truth. He had his opinions as well, but they were well informed opinions,not the dribble we have been getting of late.

Rex Hunt started it on radio, calling the footy, having some fun with players names etc etc. then it become over the top, the novelty of it worn a bit thin after a few years. Some now on the TV games. still think its funny to do it. *no names* they forget that we dont want to know if the 'weapon' is on the bench or Magner built the entire freeway on his own, and in his spare time. They have turned the call of the game into a farce. We want to hear who is playing on who, who is likely to step it up and win the game.

How the new recruits are playing,therefore I couldnt give 2 hoots what the weapon or anyone else for that matter had for breakfast.

Captain blood would be turning in his grave, he could call a game,and do it well, and throw in a few hoots to laugh along with. But he was always the professional a more one-eyed tiger man you would never find. But he would say it or report it as it was. He was loved and respected for it. He was never biased, spoke from the heart,and never get loyality get in the way.

Not one report I have read. I havent bothered reading everything reported on our saga, frankly (no dont call me Frank), I have had a gutful of the whole (non) event I will call it a non event, because it cant be proven beyond any reasonale doubt what took place. Has anyone reported or bothered with doing some research on our results on the latter part of our season in 2009,compared notes with other teams (as I did and posted in the 'tanking' thread??) from there pulled it apart made a case that we have something to answer too? A detailed report that looks into all the facts and figures,then gives the reader a detailed reason why we could be in a bit of trouble? NAH too hard. its easlier just to slag off everyone and the club itself. Well girly. you gave it your best, and we see now, why you are adorned and respected pfttt.

You havent learnt a lot, have you? Add the drug investigation to your CV, (bomber fans say hi) and it wont be much longer before you will find youself writing for the local rag, on the upcoming garage sale at Joe blogs in the coming weeks. You might stuff that up as well, then find yourself having to back track or twist a few more words around to make yourself look less stupid. You cant debate your stance as proven on TV, without trying to shout someone down, the only thing you missed was stamping your foot and then a pout, followed by walking out. Nice work from a head sports reporter.

In the words of your most famous player, and someone you might want to study on how to report based on fact and level mindedness.

If you dont mind UMPIRE!!!

PS: At the start I was willing to accept a fine or a suspended sentence, but having read the crap you managed to spread, in the words of another famous player "we stuck it up'em". I hope we do, and we clear our brand, our name, by whatever means it takes. The club needs to do it for themselves, the supporters,and to stick up you where the sun no longer shines.

If someone can explain why it has taken over 6 months to reach a descision, am I all ears.

Edited by DeeVoted
  • Like 2

Your ideals of our sport were lost a long time ago......

8 months of investigation and no decision - disgraceful.

Demetriou - head in the sand on too many issues. Deny deny deny. Monopolies do that and need good governance to be controlled. Sadly ours is pathetic, politically correct, morally bankrupt.

• Like 2

The media of today.
Lets target sport, as we can relate to our own misgivings from the drawnout saga of our investigation in progress.
It is really has hit rock bottom.even with the advancement of electronic media able to give us events as they happen,most of what we get isnt worth the read any more.Of course there a small handful that are able to express a view that is even handed.They are able to give their readers a full detailed account of a what happened how it came about,what actions may be taken,if possible who or what is involved. (if that can be made known), at least leave their readers to form their own opinion or conclusions.while waiting for a official statement to be released and then pass it on based on fact.
Some or most will remember after reading an article would get to work, or school,and couldnt wait to discuss a probable outcome with workmates or classmates each having formed their own views, perhaps swayed or had'nt been unware of some facts reported .Usually made for some interesting discussion.Just like a mystery novel, most would be on tenderhooks waiting for the outcome to see who was right or who was way off the mark.
What do we get now, we get a 2-bit sports writer, along with a few others, that, for whatever reason,decide the facts arent as important as their own opinon. They would rather take their own high moral ground.ignore the facts.not even bother to do any research on events that lead to the story taking place therefore not giving the reader a detailed account leading up to,and what could be the worst or likely outcome.They chose to guess, try to pull rabbits out of hats get everyone that isnt a fanboy. offside. baying for their blood.
Some will remember Alf Browm head sports writer in days gone by. (to name one) Regarded as one of the best ever in his day. He didnt have the luxury of shooting off emails he relied on phone calls, setting up interviews and getting the facts, then passing it on to the readers. He got the facts from the horses mouth,why? because he was respected he got the scoops of the day why? because he reported the truth. He had his opinions as well, but they were well informed opinions,not the dribble we have been getting of late.
Rex Hunt started it on radio, calling the footy, having some fun with players names etc etc. then it become over the top, the novelty of it worn a bit thin after a few years. Some now on the TV games. still think its funny to do it. *no names* they forget that we dont want to know if the 'weapon' is on the bench or Magner built the entire freeway on his own, and in his spare time. They have turned the call of the game into a farce. We want to hear who is playing on who, who is likely to step it up and win the game.
How the new recruits are playing,therefore I couldnt give 2 hoots what the weapon or anyone else for that matter had for breakfast.
Captain blood would be turning in his grave, he could call a game,and do it well, and throw in a few hoots to laugh along with. But he was always the professional a more one-eyed tiger man you would never find. But he would say it or report it as it was. He was loved and respected for it. He was never biased, spoke from the heart,and never get loyality get in the way.
Not one report I have read. I havent bothered reading everything reported on our saga, frankly (no dont call me Frank), I have had a gutful of the whole (non) event I will call it a non event, because it cant be proven beyond any reasonale doubt what took place. Has anyone reported or bothered with doing some research on our results on the latter part of our season in 2009,compared notes with other teams (as I did and posted in the 'tanking' thread??) from there pulled it apart made a case that we have something to answer too? A detailed report that looks into all the facts and figures,then gives the reader a detailed reason why we could be in a bit of trouble? NAH too hard. its easlier just to slag off everyone and the club itself. Well girly. you gave it your best, and we see now, why you are adorned and respected pfttt.
You havent learnt a lot, have you? Add the drug investigation to your CV, (bomber fans say hi) and it wont be much longer before you will find youself writing for the local rag, on the upcoming garage sale at Joe blogs in the coming weeks. You might stuff that up as well, then find yourself having to back track or twist a few more words around to make yourself look less stupid. You cant debate your stance as proven on TV, without trying to shout someone down, the only thing you missed was stamping your foot and then a pout, followed by walking out. Nice work from a head sports reporter.
In the words of your most famous player, and someone you might want to study on how to report based on fact and level mindedness.
If you dont mind UMPIRE!!!
PS: At the start I was willing to accept a fine or a suspended sentence, but having read the crap you managed to spread, in the words of another famous player "we stuck it up'em". I hope we do, and we clear our brand, our name, by whatever means it takes. The club needs to do it for themselves, the supporters,and to stick up you where the sun no longer shines.
If someone can explain why it has taken over 6 months to reach a descision, am I all ears.

Ther AFL commission including Fitzpatrick, ex Carltank fame, knows that big penalties in draft picks & massive fines are destructive to the club & counterproductive to the competition itself. damaging the very thing the draft is trying to achieve, a more even competition.

So the Commission knows it can only hurt individuals with penalties & also to embarass the club & officials as the main penalty & a lesson the rest of the competition.

So why hasn't Footzpatrick & the AFL Commission done the same treatment to the other tankers from times past???

So why hasn't Footzpatrick & the AFL Commission done the same treatment to the other tankers from times past???

Hasnt this been our biggest gripe, why us? and only us?

They did it, so we did it too, doesnt hold water as valid arguement. What does ,is that perviously in the past it was well known to all, other clubs have admitted or alluded to hitting the handbrake. We could ask for nothing less, for a fair go in the media, and the AFL.

If they investigated 6 clubs,with the same vigour as we got, and found only 1 or 2 had a case to answer, then we cop what we get and move on.

If the had the knackers to do that, all teams, all supporters cant argue about not getting a fair go.

The AFL and the media, havent done themselves any favours, they hand pick their targets, beat their chests, while others in some cases have done a lot worse,but they turn a blind eye.

ie: take a well know former West Coast, Richmond Player, being reported to having a drug problem,. yet some young Casey player gets nailed for not taking a drug, only guilty of ordering it online. There are more examples of NOT having a level playing field.

If Kero and a few others, gave their readers or listeners a full brief, instead of choice words intended to sway opinions to a guilty verdict,then would we have any reason to feel hard done by?

If someone (maybe I should use alien) from Mars walked into this mess, read what was said and or reported, they would no doubt reach the conclusion the MFC are as guilty as hell, and no other AFL team has stooped to this low level to gain benefits of getting draft picks.

Kero decided to lash out from the get go, this is where I feel she erred,and she hasnt let up ever since.

If she or any of the other media personal has a bee in their bonnet about getting us hung then all we should ask for if a fair hearing, stating all the facts, giving readers all the known facts, a full background. Then go all out IF that was what in their mind thought was needed to make their point. But leaving readers and the AFL to reach their own conclusions. We are all mature enough to figure out for ourselves whats right and wrong, and would except what was coming.

Instead its been reported on a one way street, guilty and no excuses, nothing for an outsider who has no idea on AFL matters to draw their own conclusions or knowing what went on in the past, to figure out that perhaps others in the AFL had used a bad system, to gain an advantage.

Some in the media are just using a powerful tool to vent their personal greivences, on a pesonal level. Yet fail to back it up with real facts, and report the whole story outling why a party should be found guilty, or innocent, depending on facts presented to them.

If someone reads the paper next week, and reads the MFC got cruxified, wouldnt they want to research why? Read back to day one, that presented all the facts, relating to then and now, and then have the full story and know why a conclusion was reached?

Instead what we got, was MFC is being investigated and accused of tanking. then it jumps into, MUST pay the penality. Heads must roll.

Hand on a second, where are all the middle bits, to back up being guilty or innocent? Yes we heard all about the reasons why, but all leading to being guilty.

She has been sharping her guilotine since day one. If it falls her way, I'll bet she change her tune, when if she is happy with her wished outcome something along the lines of, while I feel sorry for the parties involved etc, lets hope they can gain respect back etc etc.

A bit like I just murdered nextdoors cat, then giving them flowers for its demise.

Edited by DeeVoted