Heart transplant needed...

stuie

Greeny retired. Moloney out of form and probably gone. Both Captain Jacks pretty timid. Jurrah possibly gone.

Who will be our heart or our spark next year onwards?

Jonesy is too busy doing all the midfield work by himself. Mitch is passionate, but he's only one man.

We lack soul as a club, so many look demoralized (Chip looks close to necking himself!), will there be another leadership group shake up?

I understand where we are at and what we're trying to do, but footy is such an emotional game and to follow a club that currently has no unity, passion, spirit, or guts just kills any enjoyment of the game.

Without turning this into another trade/free agents thread, who do you think can step up for us in this manner, and who could we get that could provide such things?

We need a decent fullback.

Frawley has totally lost whatever it was he had a couple of years ago.

I reckon he can get it back if he's able to play his natural game and attack the middle a bit. He's been handcuffed this year by the gameplan and has lost all confidence as a result.

Greeny retired. Moloney out of form and probably gone. Both Captain Jacks pretty timid. Jurrah possibly gone.

Who will be our heart or our spark next year onwards?

Jonesy is too busy doing all the midfield work by himself. Mitch is passionate, but he's only one man.

We lack soul as a club, so many look demoralized (Chip looks close to necking himself!), will there be another leadership group shake up?

I understand where we are at and what we're trying to do, but footy is such an emotional game and to follow a club that currently has no unity, passion, spirit, or guts just kills any enjoyment of the game.

Without turning this into another trade/free agents thread, who do you think can step up for us in this manner, and who could we get that could provide such things?

How about this...

Mitch/Jonesy/Sylvia Captaincy revival for 2013.

With the Glut of Specialty Coaches and Exoperts at Melbourne FC we all must admit something went horribly wrong.

IMO this list isn't as bad as the results panned out. Perhaps it's motivation. JIm Stynes sad passing along with LJ's injuries and off field injuries? Mitch Clark's foot? Dare I say MN? Is he any good?

Time will tell this time next year. Great to see Coling Sylvia back to full fitness and sticking up a few non-believers

Guest KingDingAling

We need a decent fullback.

Frawley has totally lost whatever it was he had a couple of years ago.

Size!

Between Rivers, Garland, Frawley and T-MAC, we should be ok down back next year.

Keep in mind that ATM with Spencil rucking and our mids getting smashed - that the ball is coming in a lot more than it should.

We have midfield issues first and foremost I believe.... Spencer tried hard, but we need Martin or Jamar up and running to help our mids get first use.

When the midfield stops getting obliterated each week, Chip and his mates will have a slightly easier time. He's been under siege all year and frankly, I think he's done a reasonable job in the circumstances.

The problem is not the amount of times it comes in , but the extreme speed and directness with which it enters the 50.

The mids turn it over by hand and foot so regularly that the backs never get a chance to attack.

I did think we were terrible in all aspects of the game but it's our basic skills of kicking and handball that are just so sloppy.

back to the thread topic-I thought it was a discussion of Dan Nicholson.

Disgraceful shirk today-no good.

Brought the whole group down.

Frawley isn't the problem and Biffen is right - the way that it comes in, straight up the guts and quick smart, doesn't give him a lot of chance.

I honestly think the best thing for the whole club at the moment will be to drop the footies, go and get sh!tfaced together, have 3 weeks off, and forget all about 2012.

I am not going to harp on the 'players aren't trying' line for the second part of this season.To be honest, I think the players, post Sydney, have been having a dip. However, when skill levels and decision making are as bad as they currently are, the blokes can try as hard as they want and will still get hammered. When I look at the list now, it's obvious the boys just aren't up to it. There are 10 on the list who will make way. A lot of the blokes who leave will have shown glimpses in the past or may be deemed to have an 'upside' that may or may not come to pass but as it stands right now, this team is just not good enough.