Make a Stand and Boycott next Sundays Game,Send a Message

fired up

Guest Jackie

I might bring my old white feather pillow to the game instead of binning it. I can imagine it wont take long before I fell like slashing it and let feathers fly.

I can't see how that can be exciting.

The thought of revenge exciting you six months in advance? So angry you can't wait to see the beheadings? What will you do till then - give it away until you can turn up for the slaughter?

Nope, I just can't grasp this. I am waiting for the players to click, for Neeld to get traction, for the club to get a handle on the underlying problems, and for our year to turn around. Fascinating to follow the analysis here, and look out for the signs each weekend. Every time Howie goes for it, I know we are still in the game. Clark, Jones, others too, now Watts and Blease maybe - it'll come. Six months waiting for the joy, which I believe for. What else does a supporter do? Hold on for the hangings, you say? That's not supporting...

What a grim way to asses my comment. Let's take our dark eye liner off and re-look at what I said.

By exciting I don't mean "can't wait to see people crucified/hung". I mean it will be exciting to see how Neeld will position/re-model our club to set us up going forward as its the first time he will get to properly do so.

I agree with you when you say watching them finally "click" will be grand but watching Neeld draft, trade, and rejig our list to give ourselves the best flag chances going forward is much more exciting to me then what they served up last Saturday. Perhaps I'm being pessimistic and this season is just dead to me. *wipes tear*.

I'm sorry if I may seem slightly masochistic with my comments, it perhaps came out the wrong way.

Please excuse me from this thread, I have a gimp in my basement who need his daily beating and I must attend to it...*walks out of room*

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

This has to be the most incredibly short sighted, delusional idea I have seen on this board.

If I hadn't moved to Tasmania just before Round 1, I would be at every game in Melbourne, every week, sitting in my seat in N49. Regardless of the beatings and the disappointment.

"Every heart beats true for the red and the blue...." If those words don't make an impact, stop pretending to "support" the Melbourne Football Club and walk away.

But don't try and take other people with you or poison them with your negativity.

• Like 2

I think ( hope ) I am fairly reasoned in my approach. And I try and make my criticism constructive but I will ask a question which I expect rockets on.

I pray we put up a good show on Sunday but if we are insipid yet again - passionless and without enthuisiasm - why should supporters not boo the players ? Show support when they put in win or lose. But we vent displeasure on this board. Why is booing poor endeavour frowned on ?

note - I havent done it yet in 40 years of support

Edited by nutbean

I think ( hope ) I am fairly reasoned in my approach. And I try and make my criticism constructive but I will ask a question which I expect rockets on.

I pray we put up a good show on Sunday but if we are insipid yet again - passionless and without enthuisiasm - why should supporters not boo the players ? Show support when they put in win or lose. But we vent displeasure on this board. Why is booing poor endeavour frowned on ?

Because imho...all players try...we seem lost and confused most of the time...which appears like we don't but every player is trying to do the right thing.

Thats the pivotal question.

I am unsure that is the case. I can understand confused and I can grit my teeth through poor skills. When I see continually second to the ball and not chasing and not going hard enough at a contest I question the extent of the trying.

I can't make it this Sunday due to family commitments but can't say that I'm too unhappy about it. If I was free I would definitely be there though. Turning up to games now is what differentiates a barracker from a supporter. Anyone can turn up when we're winning it's times like this we need to continue to show up and support the club particularly with a new coach at the helm. Once you pay your admission fee (or scan your membership) you can yell and scream vent your frustration and hurl abuse all you want if you think it will help. But we need to keep turning up to support the club and let them know we are still there to hold them accountable.

How does going there show the Club that supporters are holding them to 'account'?

This has to be the most incredibly short sighted, delusional idea I have seen on this board.

If I hadn't moved to Tasmania just before Round 1, I would be at every game in Melbourne, every week, sitting in my seat in N49. Regardless of the beatings and the disappointment.

"Every heart beats true for the red and the blue...." If those words don't make an impact, stop pretending to "support" the Melbourne Football Club and walk away.

But don't try and take other people with you or poison them with your negativity.

I sit in N49 you must have been a member of the Legends Club.

We probably know each other by sight.

I don't think you have to worry nutbean, even if all the Dees supporters booed on Sunday their will not be enough there to be heard above the Carlton laughter.

Sad but there will not be many Dees supporters there

While it's a nice idea in theory to make a stand, I'd never ditch a game because we are playing badly. I just love everything about going to the footy, and never leave a Dees game before the final siren. Plus, there probably won't be enough of our supporters there anyway. How about we ditch the GWS game? Because most of our fans will just come to boo Scully anyway