• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nuggets' Music Videos

Macca

And a couple more...

One of my favourite Japanese bands The Blue Hearts and a song called "Linda Linda" (there is a rather good Japanese movie of the same name based around this song - about an all girl band in a high school talent show performing the same song). On a side note, a band I was in used to confuse pub patrons when we played this song:

And my favourite Radiohead song "Karma Police":

How good are Radiohead? Karma Police is one of the few songs I can still remember how to play on guitar. Awesome tune.

I've got a friend in Japan with a Led Zeppelin cover band, Duesenberg. I can't say that I've ever heard them live but their original on youtube ain't too bad.

Jack Jack 3.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQJr4_nsg8&feature=related

And here's a few from the 60's inspired The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I'd say they're a fairly underrated group. Probably best known for their association with The Dandy Warhols and the documentary Dig!. The doco was less than complementary to the band, but it's still worth a watch.

Jack Jack 3.3

A couple from me:

Brian Setzer Orchestra (former Stray Cats foray into big band rockabilly - and these guys seriously rock! - imho of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrILTdBywo

The Fratellis "Henrietta" of their Costello Music CD... a fun band who, for some reason, remind me a little of Blur"

Nice to have you on board 'hardtack' . I like your music and you've certainly added another dimension to this thread .

Keep posting and cheers .

Edited by Macca

I've been going through a 90s phase over the last couple of weeks. These are a couple of my favourites:

How good was Live's Throwing Copper. The Dam On Otter Creek is an amazing song. They convey a real drama and tension. Phenomenal stuff.

They remind me of another band 90's band that started well and then slowly petered out, the Gin Blossoms. There's a sad story behind the guy that wrote this song.

I actually thought I'd posted this song before. Have I? I'm starting to lose track.

Jack Jack 3.4

This is the 1st track from The Rolling Stones 1972 classic album "Exile on Main St" . A brilliant album and arguably their best . This song is underrated IMO . Slide show only .

Macca 6.0 (battling away , keeping the thread on topic!)

Albert King & freind (HD) >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvSSFa7ESo

Or

youtube.com/watch?v=VqZ3Z-ArFHE (lesser def')

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

Nostalgia time

"Alan Parsons Project" with "Eye in the Sky" . Not an actual clip and a little bit out of sync but still good .

Macca 6.9

Edited by Macca

Funnily enough i was ok in front of the family watching Channel 9's eulogy Wednesday night until Gary Lyon came on.

He's got soul Gaz.

A great song and a great clip from Shihad.

From memory I think they were trying to break into the US market around the time of 9/11. They decided that their name sounded too similar to jihad, which they thought may have impeded their chances in the US, so they changed their name to Pacifier, the title of this song. Not that it did them any good.

Jack Jack 3.6

One of my favourite songs . A huge hit back in 2003 . Clever video .

Macca 7.1

Edited by Macca

I was pumped this morning. Got up and got the paper, had my 80's mix cranked on the stereo, kicked nine colours of s..t out of todays sudoku's.

fyeah.jpg

Jack Jack 3.7

I thought to myself that I should have a crack at the changes for next week, while I had a heightened sense of problem solving.

challenge.jpg

Jack Jack 3.8

Then I sat down, collected all the relevant information, and realised what I was up against.

fail.jpg

I think I might go back to bed.

Edited by Jack Jack

Macca 7.2

Edited by Macca

Latest single from Bush

Macca 7.3

Edited by Macca

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Special mention to Macca (Nuggets) for the great thread and Nascent for putting me on to Protest the Hero.

no worries mate, it's always good to discover new music...

Nascent 1.4

A good progressive band with a story arc over 5 albums

Nascent 1.5

something a bit heavier, but one of my favourite bands going around atm (warning for those with delicate ears:contains a mix of singing and screaming)

Vale Jim Niven... superb keyboardist and a lost friend:

Sad to hear about Jim , hardtack .

I remember seeing Captain Matchbox at the 'Royal Oak' in Richmond in late 1976 (?) . They were great fun . Pots were a dollar each and I think "free" for the Ladies . My date drank me under the table ! Vaguely remember trying to do the 'Twist' on the dance floor .

Also saw 'The Sports' a few times back in the day . Probably at the 'Prozzie' in Kew or 'The Bloke' in Bulleen . Might have been the 'Village Green' . Memory is a bit hazy ! Great times and great days . Here's one more from each band ...........

Fairly sure Jim features at the end of both these songs . With the same ending .

Macca 7.4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAVzYLPgUlc

Macca 7.5

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Sad to hear about Jim , hardtack .

I remember seeing Captain Matchbox at the 'Royal Oak' in Richmond in late 1976 (?) . They were great fun . Pots were a dollar each and I think "free" for the Ladies . My date drank me under the table ! Vaguely remember trying to do the 'Twist' on the dance floor .

Also saw 'The Sports' a few times back in the day . Probably at the 'Prozzie' in Kew or 'The Bloke' in Bulleen . Might have been the 'Village Green' . Memory is a bit hazy ! Great times and great days . Here's one more from each band ...........

Fairly sure Jim features at the end of both these songs . With the same ending .

Macca 7.4

Thanks for those Macca. I used to live just around the corner from Capt Matchbox in 1972 when I was studying at Swinburne and living in Mayston Stree in East Hawthorn (they were living above a shop near Camberwell Station) and always enjoyed going to see them play at places like the Much More Ballroom. Used to see the Sports regularly at the Kingston Hotel in West Richmond and the London Tavern in South Caulfield where they had a weekly residency. I first knew Jim when he was getting around with a girl I shared a house with in South Caulfield and then later after I moved to Sydney, we played together in a few makeshift bands. Great guy and a brilliant musician.

• Like 1

I've been listening to some 80's mixes, a bit of nostalgia. The thing that really stands out for me in how other worldy Pink Floyds efforts are. Whenever they popup it just blows me away how good they were, particularly comparing them to popular music of the same time.

But as I've posted a few of theirs already I'll put up something different (I think it's different, can't remember if it's been posted previously).

Jack Jack 3.9

We all know the great guitarists like Clapton, Hendrix, Townsend and Page, so I thought I'd throw in a couple of lesser known lights, who I consider to be among the best:

Bill Nelson from Be Bop Deluxe (featured no less than bass player Charlie Tumahali formerly of the Australasian band Healing Force):

Crying to the Sky:

and former Fleetwood Mac guitarist (when they were a decent band) Peter Green:

End of the Game (if you can get your head around the free form approach, this playing is simply unbelievably good):