The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Still think he should go. Turns it over more than most. Slow.

I disagree on both counts. He actually is involved in a lot of possession chains, which means he doesn't turn it over. And slow? I don't think that's true either. He's no Patrick Dangerfield, but he's also no Jack Trengove either.

I disagree on both counts. He actually is involved in a lot of possession chains, which means he doesn't turn it over. And slow? I don't think that's true either. He's no Patrick Dangerfield, but he's also no Jack Trengove either.

I disagree. He is slow and is caught often. His disposal is not great as he also turns it over, unless of course he was told to give it to the opposition. He adds nothing to our side.

Would rather get a Taggert or Tynan in once fully fit, or Magner who would add far more than Byrnes.

Byrnes is a small forward only, how many goals has he kicked?

I disagree. He is slow and is caught often. His disposal is not great as he also turns it over, unless of course he was told to give it to the opposition. He adds nothing to our side.

Would rather get a Taggert or Tynan in once fully fit, or Magner who would add far more than Byrnes.

Byrnes is a small forward only, how many goals has he kicked?

What's this?

Why are you talking football on this thread?

redleg must be off his meds.......very strange mutterings

or maybe he has been hacked and hijacked?

Maybe he has borrowed some foot cream from Jack Trengove, and got high on peptides?

For all those of you who have not been able to sleep at night wondering!

The ipad has just completed 14 days without a hitch.

We are now in un chartered waters.

My confidence has increased.

Now if I can only get the same results out of the MFC

• Like 1

Maybe he has borrowed some foot cream from Jack Trengove, and got high on peptides?

What, my tinea cream has peptides in it. I thought my toes were looking unusually fit lately.

For all those of you who have not been able to sleep at night wondering!

The ipad has just completed 14 days without a hitch.

We are now in un chartered waters.

My confidence has increased.

Now if I can only get the same results out of the MFC

Glad to hear it, OD. May the force continue to be with you!

We have been given the graveyard shift this week again, like very other year, late on mothers day, against an Interstater. Denham, again showing his hatred of all things Melbourne FC, said this weeks crowd would show if we are being supported.

We got over 20000 to both Coast and GWS while the mighty Carlton against us could only get 35000 with all of their members and supporters and playing against a local team.

No comment from Denham or Dwayne the pain on that.

• Like 1

We have been given the graveyard shift this week again, like very other year, late on mothers day, against an Interstater. Denham, again showing his hatred of all things Melbourne FC, said this weeks crowd would show if we are being supported.

We got over 20000 to both Coast and GWS while the mighty Carlton against us could only get 35000 with all of their members and supporters and playing against a local team.

No comment from Denham or Dwayne the pain on that.

Redleg we are pretty much irrelevant to the competition at present so we are given the irrelevant time slots.

This game will struggle to get 50 000 viewers on Foxtel

Not sure why you are surprised

• Like 2

Redleg we are pretty much irrelevant to the competition at present so we are given the irrelevant time slots.

This game will struggle to get 50 000 viewers on Foxtel

Not sure why you are surprised

I wasn't surprised, I was just showing that people like Denham and Russell, have no comprehension in their Melbourne bashing, of any fairness, when looking at a timeslot and opponent, to guage support of a club.

I recall Russell bashing us for getting about 21000 against an interstater on a sunday and remaining silent when the Power drew about 13000 on a saturday. I am just annoyed at the hypocrisy of some media people.

• Like 1

Has anyone brought up Majak Daw yet? I recall at the time of the draft there were plenty of Demonlanders who wanted us to take him. Does anyone remember who we took instead? I would imagine whoever it is has probably already left.

Has anyone brought up Majak Daw yet? I recall at the time of the draft there were plenty of Demonlanders who wanted us to take him. Does anyone remember who we took instead? I would imagine whoever it is has probably already left.

I looked it up. We took Juice Newton and John Meesen, a totally wasted rookie draft. Newton went early and later came Barlow of Freo and Daw. Just these two players would make a huge difference to our side. A great mid and an exciting young Forward/Ruck.

I know I shouldn't do this as everyone agrees hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Lewis Jetta went after Gysberts.

You can blame whoever you like for our woes, but IMO, BP is the main culprit. With or without development, if MN had a few of these players, how different would our side be? We drafted abysmally for a few years, end of story.

PS. The fill in recruiter Todd Viney will IMO prove more successful with his batch in one year, than BP did in several.

Edited by Redleg

I looked it up. We took Juice Newton and John Meesen, a totally wasted rookie draft. Newton went early and later came Barlow of Freo and Daw. Just these two players would make a huge difference to our side. A great mid and an exciting young Forward/Ruck.

I know I shouldn't do this as everyone agrees hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Lewis Jetta went after Gysberts.

You can blame whoever you like for our woes, but IMO, BP is the main culprit. With or without development, if MN had a few of these players, how different would our side be? We drafted abysmally for a few years, end of story.

PS. The fill in recruiter Todd Viney will IMO prove more successful with his batch in one year, than BP did in several.

The term wasted rookie draft is not one I've read or heard before. The re-selection of Newton was forced upon Prendergast who had to rookie him, as Newton from memory had been delisted whilst contracted and was thus guaranteed a rookie spot. I believe the same promise was afforded Meesen and in any case, Daw was taken before Meesen in the rookie draft. Daw was a speculatory pick by the Kangaroos, good luck to them, but its probably the worst instrument I've seen used as an attack on Prendergast, who clearly will not in all likelihood be seen to have had a decorated career as Melbourne's recruiting chief, but nor should his predecessor, who wasted the best draft in AFL history and a succession of excellent draft picks - Bate, Dunn, Molan, Armstrong, Morton, Maric to name a few. Prengergast burnt the Cook and Gysberts selections. The latter is still in the system and the former was discarded by Neeld without being afforded the patience the Kangaroos have showed in its burgeoning key position players (Daw, Tarrant, Black). Obviously there are question marks on other selections and there have been terrific picks as well (Howe, Gawn, maybe Tom McDonald). Either way, his treatment and criticism is premature and unfair.

The term wasted rookie draft is not one I've read or heard before. The re-selection of Newton was forced upon Prendergast who had to rookie him, as Newton from memory had been delisted whilst contracted and was thus guaranteed a rookie spot. I believe the same promise was afforded Meesen and in any case, Daw was taken before Meesen in the rookie draft. Daw was a speculatory pick by the Kangaroos, good luck to them, but its probably the worst instrument I've seen used as an attack on Prendergast, who clearly will not in all likelihood be seen to have had a decorated career as Melbourne's recruiting chief, but nor should his predecessor, who wasted the best draft in AFL history and a succession of excellent draft picks - Bate, Dunn, Molan, Armstrong, Morton, Maric to name a few. Prengergast burnt the Cook and Gysberts selections. The latter is still in the system and the former was discarded by Neeld without being afforded the patience the Kangaroos have showed in its burgeoning key position players (Daw, Tarrant, Black). Obviously there are question marks on other selections and there have been terrific picks as well (Howe, Gawn, maybe Tom McDonald). Either way, his treatment and criticism is premature and unfair.

You are right I used the wrong instrument to attack BP.

I stand by this comment however and am willing to look at any argument you want to put up to counter it, "BP is the main cause of our on field problems."

You are right I used the wrong instrument to attack BP.

I stand by this comment however and am willing to look at any argument you want to put up to counter it, "BP is the main cause of our on field problems."

Well i'll do my best -

Bell - baddish pick, Smith - horrendous pick - Dunn - baddish pick - Bate - bad pick Morton - bad pick - Maric - bad pick - Molan - horrendous pick - Rogers - horrendous pick - Armstrong - baddish pick. Petterd - baddish pick.

A line can be put through all those picks and those are selections should have built a strong foundation for the club and be in the side today.

Prendergast's selections are only now reaching the point at which they should be impacting games and they are playing in a terrible side that should be stronger and its hurting their development.

So I will put forward that Craig Cameron has a very big part to play and at the current time is as responsible, if you want to use recruiting as the essence of our on field problems. I just think it's unfair on Prendergast to totally blame him. The Molan, Rogers draft is the single biggest atrocity in our drafting history.

Edited by goodoil
  • Like 2