The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

So yesterday afternoon I suffered high-tea at the Burj Al Arab. And now im home. Im not sure which is the more surreal experience, Dubai...or these forums.....have i missed much ??

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed not giving one modicum of care about the team or its fortunes for three weeks. Im thinking this is the only sane way forward for me to barrack and support this outfit for some time going forward, and thats not to give a hoot. I stayed calm, I was apparently easy to communicate with, fun to be with. ...and I was/am happy.

My only regret was not having a Banana dacquiri yesterday...but the champagne sufficed admirably !!! :)

I can understand Eddie everywhere being keen to get a game there ( Dubai )...but id reckon youd get probably a couple hundred expats a brigade of taxi drivers and a camel or two watching !!...still if you want a Rolex, Tag,Omega, Prada, Chanel etc youll be right :)

As an an aside there was even a feral there ( ob expat local ) actually wearing a Pies Jumper...wtf ????? Theyre everywhere

Can you imagine if they had the anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 around in 1977, Elvis could have become a champion Essendon footballer?

Pity the bombers didn't listen to his song Return to Sender, may have saved them some heartache, if they sent the stuff back, rather than injecting it into unsuspecting footballers.

• Like 1

So yesterday afternoon I suffered high-tea at the Burj Al Arab. And now im home. Im not sure which is the more surreal experience, Dubai...or these forums.....have i missed much ??

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed not giving one modicum of care about the team or its fortunes for three weeks. Im thinking this is the only sane way forward for me to barrack and support this outfit for some time going forward, and thats not to give a hoot. I stayed calm, I was apparently easy to communicate with, fun to be with. ...and I was/am happy.

My only regret was not having a Banana dacquiri yesterday...but the champagne sufficed admirably !!! :)

I can understand Eddie everywhere being keen to get a game there ( Dubai )...but id reckon youd get probably a couple hundred expats a brigade of taxi drivers and a camel or two watching !!...still if you want a Rolex, Tag,Omega, Prada, Chanel etc youll be right :)

As an an aside there was even a feral there ( ob expat local ) actually wearing a Pies Jumper...wtf ????? Theyre everywhere

Oh please bb you making me ill with your good humour.

Please return soon and suffer with the rest of us poor souls!

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Send him an email from your I-pad OD.

it is working today Bbo.

It seems to like Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays I suppose four out of seven is not a bad result.

On it now i need to use it now as Midnight is approaching fast.

must be cold up your way Bbo one or two alpaca night?

suffer ??? but ive found the answer ...lol

Im am home OD , back in wonderful Melbourne....home of footy and our every changing weather and ongoing sporting sufferance lol

Ive just come to realise I cant take any of this seriously any more. I might one day... that day will be when 18 players on a filed in red and blue do. Til then I shall now remain happily paid up but aloof ...and SANE :)

it is working today Bbo.

It seems to like Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays I suppose four out of seven is not a bad result.

On it now i need to use it now as Midnight is approaching fast.

must be cold up your way Bbo one or two alpaca night?

You're getting into personal territory now OD but generally sleeping with one is enough.

suffer ??? but ive found the answer ...lol

Im am home OD , back in wonderful Melbourne....home of footy and our every changing weather and ongoing sporting sufferance lol

Ive just come to realise I cant take any of this seriously any more. I might one day... that day will be when 18 players on a filed in red and blue do. Til then I shall now remain happily paid up but aloof ...and SANE :)

funny bb but that is exactly how I am handling it.

It came to me on the way home from Brisbane on Monday morning.

Off to Casey at Port or Uni Blacks on Saturday and Sunday in a football sense does not exist.

Day with my daughter and Grand daughter.

• Like 1

funny bb but that is exactly how I am handling it.

It came to me on the way home from Brisbane on Monday morning.

Off to Casey at Port or Uni Blacks on Saturday and Sunday in a football sense does not exist.

Day with my daughter and Grand daughter.

It is pathetic that the MFC have killed off any interest in this season for most of us, within a couple of games.

• Like 1

It is pathetic that the MFC have killed off any interest in this season for most of us, within a couple of games.

and yet they have again.

Every year its like watching a loved one slowly wither and pass.

Year in year out our emotions are drained..all by round 4 or 5.

Theres more rewarding things in life.

Go Dees....please, one day !!!

• Like 1

This is going to be a tough sunday. Invited to sit in a Carlton box and will probably witness a 20 goal thrashing and BOG for Brock.

I think you are a martyr mate 187 looks possible Redleg

This is going to be a tough sunday. Invited to sit in a Carlton box and will probably witness a 20 goal thrashing and BOG for Brock.

is it inconceivable to simply not go ?

• Like 1

Just watching the 7.30 report. Like clockwork, we can expect Young Lib Damien Barrett's Footy Show presentation to be little more than a rerun of what I'm now watching.

Some minor good news, I am not in a carlton box, only reserved seats in AFL on level 2. Hope some Dees fans are around.

Some minor good news, I am not in a carlton box, only reserved seats in AFL on level 2. Hope some Dees fans are around.

I think your luck ended after you missed out on being in a Carlton Box redleg.

Cannot imagine there will be too many dees in that area on Sunday.

You know it is bad when long term dees members stop wearing Red and Blue to a game.

A friend of mine who I go with most weeks has stopped wearing Red and Blue.

he is going on sunday and planning to sit next to Carlton members.

He says if he can keep his trap shut they might no guess he is a dees supporter.

Bloody sad but there you are.

I think your luck ended after you missed out on being in a Carlton Box redleg.

Cannot imagine there will be too many dees in that area on Sunday.

You know it is bad when long term dees members stop wearing Red and Blue to a game.

A friend of mine who I go with most weeks has stopped wearing Red and Blue.

he is going on sunday and planning to sit next to Carlton members.

He says if he can keep his trap shut they might no guess he is a dees supporter.

Bloody sad but there you are.

They will know I am a Dees man, trust me.

• Like 2

Geez I'm starting to worry about Jackson's decision making and disposal skills

Surely he has had enough time to read Demonland by now?

Another bad recruitment?

Lets give him 1.3 years before we make the call.