The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

22 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There was a very clear social order in the good old days. Blokes drank beer and sheilas made lamingtons.

THE NEW SOCIAL ORDER 😀

Bring a plate:

image.png.366c8715b2ea090cb18248a41d3c39d3.png

Some CWA help including lamington recipie, for blokes to cook up a storm!  (empty plate provided separately)

Bring a decent shiraz

image.png.a4244f07779ab59f42cce2579fba1bb1.png

A little gem from any vintage.  A Romsey neighbour no less.  Presumably it features in The Manor's well stocked cellar ensuring an ample supply to accompany the culinary storms the blokes cook up!

Meanwhile, sheilas can sit back😀, relax 😀and

image.jpeg.c6e8c6929d19e04e719f7f11adf12a11.jpeg

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

THE NEW SOCIAL ORDER 😀

Bring a plate:

Some CWA help including lamington recipie, for blokes to cook up a storm!  (empty plate provided separately)

Bring a decent shiraz

A little gem from any vintage.  A Romsey neighbour no less.  Presumably it features in The Manor's well stocked cellar ensuring an ample supply to accompany the culinary storms the blokes cook up!

Good heavens Luci !!!

I must say I never picked you as some sort of insurrectionist !

Your quite appalling suggestion that blokes do the cooking while sheilas sit back and tipple vino gave me quite an attack of the vapours.

It's contrary to natural order of things ..... I have to stop writing ...... the mere thought of it ....!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Good heavens Luci !!!

I must say I never picked you as some sort of insurrectionist !

Your quite appalling suggestion that blokes do the cooking while sheilas sit back and tipple vino gave me quite an attack of the vapours.

It's contrary to natural order of things ..... I have to stop writing ...... the mere thought of it ....!!!!

Such indignation!!

Btw, the best chefs in the world are blokes, who cook in k-i-t-c-h-e-n-s!

Haha, there was no stipulation of what culinary storm blokes could cook up:  BBQ?  Spit Roasts?  Whole fish on an open fire?   In my neck of the woods these are a man’s domain!!!   Shock😲 and horror - sometimes they even venture to cook on an outdoor k-i-t-c-h-e-n!

And what else can ladies do but relax and sip a vino while the blokes cook, with beer (or decent shiraz) in hand.  Come on Bbo, Fair’s Fair!🙃

Anyway, you could try cooking a barbie just to test that ‘natural order of things’☺️.  Skills learnt can easily transfer to a real k-i-t-c-h-e-n!  On second thoughts the latter might be a bridge too far for someone who lives in The Manor!

As for the vapours, I'm told this was a popular remedy in the ‘good old days’😉:

image.png.77d96110f21992c47ab009c1bb5b86f2.png

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 2

53 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Such indignation!!

Haha, there was no stipulation of what culinary storm blokes could cook up:  BBQ?  Spit Roasts?  Whole fish on an open fire?   In my neck of the woods these are a man’s domain!!!   Shock😲 and horror - sometimes they even venture to cook on an outdoor k-i-t-c-h-e-n!

And what else can ladies do but relax and sip a vino while the blokes cook, with beer (or decent shiraz) in hand.  Come on Bbo, Fair’s Fair!🙃

Anyway, you could try cooking a barbie just to test that ‘natural order of things’☺️.  Skills learnt can easily transfer to a real k-i-t-c-h-e-n!  On second thoughts the latter might be a bridge too far for someone who lives in The Manor!

Touche !

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 10:24 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

My recent tour through the outback led me to reminisce on the good old days in our fine country.

In particular, seeing a few old church halls and " Mechanic's Institutes " where many a dance, engagement party or other community event took place  made me remember that famous ( and very important ) decree , "Ladies bring a plate "

There was a very clear social order in the good old days. Blokes drank beer and sheilas made lamingtons. Nowadays things are very confused. Even a simple a simple request like asking a sheila to hop it to the fridge and get get you another coldie is considered offensive in some circles.

Which, as an aside, makes me wonder what  the sheilas who post on this thread would provide if asked to "bring a plate".

For the purposes of personal safety, however, I'd put that request in writing rather than  face to face)

I gather from @WalkingCivilWar 's posts, that she can barely boil water - so no chance of a decent feed there. @Lucifers Hero often mentions wine, so she might bring a decent shiraz.

Arrrh ..... the good old days !!!!

https://youtu.be/yujF8AumiQo

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Wow ! Wasn't that bloke Vice President of the good ole US of A ?!

Nah, that one made a fortune, spouting [censored] about climate change, something like most evangelicals in the climate change field, he knows very little about.

13 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Such indignation!!

Now this I like!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

He probably saw you first Red ......and ...... well , trying not to be hurtful but ... you know the rest.

But I have had the operation.

PS: Mrs Hardwick heard I was on the coast and just rang to ask me to give Dimma a message if I saw him. She said it was GAGF. What does that mean? Is it a message of love?

Edited by Redleg
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Redleg said:

But I have had the operation.

PS: Mrs Hardwick heard I was on the coast and just rang to ask me to give Dimma a message if I saw him. She said it was GAGF. What does that mean? Is it a message of love?

Get affogato gluten-free?? :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2023 at 6:49 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

THE NEW SOCIAL ORDER 😀

Bring a plate:

Bring a decent shiraz

I'm having nightmares after reading this... might need some psychological assistance to deal with the fallout

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Redleg said:

Anyone for cricket 🏏?

It's the Bairstow curse upon us .

We will start dropping all our catches soon as well.

I'm doing a rain dance as I type.

Oh no here come Geelong. Ughhh

Edited by leave it to deever