The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Lets all hope Weid plays well in a winning side and stays in from now on and signs a new contract extension fairly soon. 

Are you expecting big things Mr. Leg?

28 minutes ago, Redleg said:

It would be nice for him to do well in a winning side and be part of it again. Will help with re signing him.

I am not holding my breath. But do have my fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

It is a good feeling when players have to fight for a position in the senior side.

17 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Is it similar in frog colonies?

Who gets the best flies to eat?

....... and what about the Sheila fogs .... does the best/ biggest frog win?

Now you are making me feel hungry Uncle Bitters!

The Big W was kept goalless so I guess size does not matter. 

On 5/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, old dee said:

Are you expecting big things Mr. Leg?

It would be nice for him to do well in a winning side and be part of it again. Will help with re signing him.

Well that’s a start. 

It’s Monday after a 9 zero start to the year. But after not attending a game since 2019 I am strangely blasé about the MFC and football. Watching on tv has always been secondary for me. Perhaps now my job is done. Paying memberships and attending games to support the team over 50 years is no longer required. 

We now seem to have a team that is A grade and will be power for some time, add we are looking good in the financial department and it appears my work is done. I can enjoy not being concerned  about it’s  survival and ignore the AFL in total. Enjoy everyone you deserve it. 

Edited by old dee

7 minutes ago, old dee said:

It’s Monday after a 9 zero start to the year. But after not attending a game since 2019 I am strangely blasé about the MFC and football. Watching on tv has always been secondary for me. Perhaps now my job is done. Paying memberships and attending games to support the team over 50 years is no longer required. 

We now seem to have a team that is A grade and will be power for some time, add we are looking good in the financial department and it appears my work is done. I can enjoy not being concerned  about it’s  survival and ignore the AFL in total. Enjoy everyone you deserve it. 

That's quite a morbid take on things old dee.

You should be jumping for joy.

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

That's quite a morbid take on things old dee.

You should be jumping for joy.

Just the way I feel fd. Strangely unconnected. 

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Well that’s a start. 

I have given him a pass for this week seeing as how he has not played a senior game for nine months but he will need to improve quite a bit next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, old dee said:

I have given him a pass for this week seeing as how he has not played a senior game for nine months but he will need to improve quite a bit next week.

I thought Weid was buffeted and had his arms chopped every time he went for a mark, same as BB, both without any free kicks while Blues got soft frees all game. That said it wasn’t a great game from Weid and BB was poor. It will take time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I thought Weid was buffeted and had his arms chopped every time he went for a mark, same as BB, both without any free kicks while Blues got soft frees all game. That said it wasn’t a great game from Weid and BB was poor. It will take time.

Based on that game Jackson will have little trouble getting back into the side.

8 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Yes definitely thought there were two sets of rules in play for the big forwards yesterday. McKay got 2 pretty soft ones awarded for chopping arms that ended in goals but up the other end Weid and Fritsch seemed get similar treatment but play on? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Weid was okay when he broke away: watch the 3rd quarter.

37 minutes ago, Redleg said:

But who goes out for him, Weid or BB.

Whoever has the worse results, at present that would be the Weid but who knows after next weekends game. 

8 hours ago, Redleg said:

But who goes out for him, Weid or BB.

Both, as he a goal scorer, they are not!

We got to be cruel to be kind if we want to win that 13 flag.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:03 AM, old dee said:

Just the way I feel fd. Strangely unconnected. 

OD you need to come to the light!

You have clearly been in the dark for too long.

Have you been around any MessyDrug or Collingwood supporters lately? Those guys will always make you feel disconnected. 

You need a grand final win or two for a long term cure. Maybe singing a few lines from It a Grand Old Flag will also help?

3 minutes ago, DemonFrog said:

OD you need to come to the light!

You have clearly been in the dark for too long.

Have you been around any MessyDrug or Collingwood supporters lately? Those guys will always make you feel disconnected. 

You need a grand final win or two for a long term cure. Maybe singing a few lines from It a Grand Old Flag will also help?

I think I am just old DF and surrounded by Pie and Tiger fans. It’s easier to say you don’t follow AFL. I am now a soccer fan wink wink non of those around me

6 hours ago, old dee said:

I think I am just old DF and surrounded by Pie and Tiger fans. It’s easier to say you don’t follow AFL. I am now a soccer fan wink wink non of those around me

I am surrounded by Shocker and Beagle fans. We just need to stay as strong as we can in the presents of the less fortunate. 
It not your age that counts but how old you feel and act. Take Uncle Bitters for example, he must be turning 38 this year. A little too young to make a great club president. Remember, the older we get the more grumpier we get, so stay young OD. Spend  more time with your granddaughter and stay young at heart.

Loved Tracc on 360 tonight being shown washing milk off Chandler, with a bottle of water, after the club song.

Said he thought it was wrong to throw milk on a player and that it would be harder to clean off the floor.

Said it was only a 1% er, but that they all counted.

Said Gawn addressed the team about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Loved Tracc on 360 tonight being shown washing milk off Chandler, with a bottle of water, after the club song.

Said he thought it was wrong to throw milk on a player and that it would be harder to clean off the floor.

Said it was only a 1% er, but that they all counted.

Said Gawn addressed the team about it.

The second I saw Chandler being showered with milk on tv (by Clarry of course, who I would totally expect such stupidity from) I though "no, that's not right." I've had those thoughts many times over the years and not seen them be righted. We're not letting those stupid things slip by these days, which is so good to see.

Edited by Chook

This weekend is brought to you by the number 10!