Changes for next week

Eth

So who should come in, who should go out?

Personally I would've thought Watts and Morton would be the omissions, but they need more game time. Macdonald and Newton would probably be the main contenders for a recall.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton might be a chance for the Gold Coast if the FD think Watts needs to get some good mentoring from the Fev.

Morton has just come back from a long injury lay off and gets 15 minutes and MFC are going to drop him for MacDonald. I dont think so.

The only change I'd consider is Petterd for Morton. Other than that, no one is really knocking on the door at Casey, like Gysberts and Wonaeamirri did. And there's no real weakness in the side at the moment. Watts didn't get a lot of it but we get nowhere by playing him at Casey and playing Newton instead.

Morton for Macdonald, just to get him match ready. Watts against the kids at Fools Gold might do well.

No changes for me.

Watts gets another chance to show what he can do against opponents his build.

No spots opened up in the backline for MacDonald.

I see no long term benefit in playing Newton in the seniors.

As far as i know, no injuries came out of the game.

No change.

We won unconvincingly but I think we need to start to settle the team, and there are plenty of players who need to show more than they did today. Next week is the perfect opportunity to do that.

Bartram did seem quite sore in the second half so he might be a sub.

Watts out for Petterd. Speaks for itself really, not sure how any one could justify Watts getting a game. He was terrible today.

Watts is a long term prospect, who just turned 20 and has played 20 odd games.

We absolutely must keep playing in the seniors. He'll click eventually. He's been playing a role and has done a few nice things, more benefit from having him at AFL level while we're still a developing team than from leaving him at VFL level.

Plus he deserves a crack at GoldCoast, could get some serious confidence from that game

Watts is a long term prospect, who just turned 20 and has played 20 odd games.

We absolutely must keep playing in the seniors. He'll click eventually. He's been playing a role and has done a few nice things, more benefit from having him at AFL level while we're still a developing team than from leaving him at VFL level.

Plus he deserves a crack at GoldCoast, could get some serious confidence from that game

Yes he is a developing young forward. But he doesn't deserve a crack at Gold Coast. He is not playing well enough to deserve a spot. He is not confident and players do not have confidence in him. He needs to go back to Casey and play some good footy down there and earn a recall. There is no disgrace in being dropped when your a young player and when your not contributing to the team.

Yes he is a developing young forward. But he doesn't deserve a crack at Gold Coast. He is not playing well enough to deserve a spot. He is not confident and players do not have confidence in him. He needs to go back to Casey and play some good footy down there and earn a recall. There is no disgrace in being dropped when your a young player and when your not contributing to the team.

Got it PJ but be carefully what you say he is a protected creature around here.

The only change I'd consider is Petterd for Morton. Other than that, no one is really knocking on the door at Casey, like Gysberts and Wonaeamirri did. And there's no real weakness in the side at the moment. Watts didn't get a lot of it but we get nowhere by playing him at Casey and playing Newton instead.

While I agree that it's not a great step forward to choose Newton in Watts' place, but you've got to be kidding me if you think 11 goals in two weeks is not "knocking the on the door". Actually I guess it isn't - more like charging at it with a battering ram.

OUT: Dunn

IN: Newton

I think I agree. Dunn has been quiet the past 2 weeks, and although he does offer a bit of grunt in the forward line, I wouldnt mind seeing if Newton can get a kick against Gold Coast.

Watts out for Petterd. Speaks for itself really, not sure how any one could justify Watts getting a game. He was terrible today.

His intensity worries me. At times he doesn't just look laid back, he is just not intenese enough. But he was not terrible today. I am getting sick of his team mates ignoring really good leads, inside 50 and at half forward. Even kids around me at the Punt Rd end were noticing it and crying out "Watts, Watts..." Brad Green looked but ignored him twice, kicked to a pack where it was run out of our forward line.

Caset is no good for him at the moment but he must have a crack at the Suns.

i personally think wonna looked a bit underdone, but mind you next week is gold coast so he would probably stay in, but having said that i want to see maric getting a gig being rewarded for a good performance in the magoos.

morton will be better for the run, but looked like a player that had played zero matches in the pre season.

watts copped a spray from bailey and was subbed off so possibly could be rested, but again against the gold coast would be a perfect time for him to impose himself

Dunn was quite poor so newton could be rewarded for 11 goals in two matches.

with all that said, having problems for selection is a great thing, can't wait til mckenzie and scully are both available.

OUT: Wonaeamirri

IN: Maric

Out Dunn.

In Petterd.

Dunny played a dumb game of football today. We need his size, his long kicking, and his ability to take a good player out of space. But apart from a couple of marks and a goal, he spilled marks, kicked poorly and was often in team mates way. He became a player we had to go around at times.

i personally think wonna looked a bit underdone, but mind you next week is gold coast so he would probably stay in, but having said that i want to see maric getting a gig being rewarded for a good performance in the magoos.

morton will be better for the run, but looked like a player that had played zero matches in the pre season.

watts copped a spray from bailey and was subbed off so possibly could be rested, but again against the gold coast would be a perfect time for him to impose himself

Dunn was quite poor so newton could be rewarded for 11 goals in two matches.

with all that said, having problems for selection is a great thing, can't wait til mckenzie and scully are both available.

OUT: Wonaeamirri

IN: Maric

thank god you are a lounge room selector. i know this is a forum for personal opinions, but that is a ridiculous selection

Wonna has a presence, work rate, understanding of where to be and when to be there......Marric has none of that