NFL

Dappa Dan

Didn't see the game just the highlights. It looked like a great game. That Interception by the colts was damn good and Sproles and McCoy looked electric.

Didn't see the game just the highlights. It looked like a great game. That Interception by the colts was damn good and Sproles and McCoy looked electric.

The Colts pick at end of 1st half? Was a sort of hail mary really.... but an athletic take for sure. The Eagles one that won the game was actually a penalty. SHouldn't have been allowed.

Top game to watch and an excellent win by the Eagles. McCoy & Sproles were terrific and Foles had a good game.

The Colts could have won it but that interception was costly. Luck was good for the most part and I thought Richardson had a very good game.

Anyway, there were 7 road winners and I went 0/3 in the comp. Typical.

The points tally

0 - Everyone (joint leaders)

• Like 2

Luck didn't even play that well, somehow I looked at his stats and he was only on about 60 or so yards in the third quarter... and somehow it felt like he was gonna kill us at any moment. When he got it right, my god, he got it right. When Brees, Brady and Peyton are done, he'll slot in to one of their spots in the top 5. Almost certainly hall of fame.

Luck didn't even play that well, somehow I looked at his stats and he was only on about 60 or so yards in the third quarter... and somehow it felt like he was gonna kill us at any moment. When he got it right, my god, he got it right. When Brees, Brady and Peyton are done, he'll slot in to one of their spots in the top 5. Almost certainly hall of fame.

Yeah, Luck has already slipped into that role where we don't sort of notice him unless he does something special. He's very good though, all the same.

That's a huge win for your blokes in the whole scheme of things ... especially when considering your rivals in your division. The Cowboys might be your only competition the way it's shaping up but really, it's yours to lose. The Giants look woeful and RG3 could be out for quite some time (although I've heard he may not need surgery)

In my division, the NFC North, Green Bay go to Detroit then Chicago in the next 2 weeks whilst Detroit and Chicago both visit the Jets over the next 2 weeks as well. The Vikes are at New Orleans and then host Atlanta.

I mentioned previously that 9 wins might win the NFC North as I don't believe there's a standout side. Detroit promise much but rarely deliver, Chicago always seem to get a lot of injuries and the Packers leak too many points. The Vikes without Peterson are obviously not as strong. It's up for grabs.

The NFC West could get interesting if Arizona keep winning ... the Cards next 6 games are ... vs 49ers, @ Denver, vs Washington, @ Oakland, vs Eagles & @ Dallas. They could win 4 of them and be 6/2.

And New Orleans better get a hurry on in the NFC South ... the Panthers look good and already have a 2 game lead over the Saints and ... Atlanta have some winnable games coming up.

And how 'bout those Bills & Texans?

Week 3 games

Yeah, Luck has already slipped into that role where we don't sort of notice him unless he does something special. He's very good though, all the same.

That's a huge win for your blokes in the whole scheme of things ... especially when considering your rivals in your division. The Cowboys might be your only competition the way it's shaping up but really, it's yours to lose. The Giants look woeful and RG3 could be out for quite some time (although I've heard he may not need surgery)

In my division, the NFC North, Green Bay go to Detroit then Chicago in the next 2 weeks whilst Detroit and Chicago both visit the Jets over the next 2 weeks as well. The Vikes are at New Orleans and then host Atlanta.

I mentioned previously that 9 wins might win the NFC North as I don't believe there's a standout side. Detroit promise much but rarely deliver, Chicago always seem to get a lot of injuries and the Packers leak too many points. The Vikes without Peterson are obviously not as strong. It's up for grabs.

The NFC West could get interesting if Arizona keep winning ... the Cards next 6 games are ... vs 49ers, @ Denver, vs Washington, @ Oakland, vs Eagles & @ Dallas. They could win 4 of them and be 6/2.

And New Orleans better get a hurry on in the NFC South ... the Panthers look good and already have a 2 game lead over the Saints and ... Atlanta have some winnable games coming up.

And how 'bout those Bills & Texans?

Week 3 games

- Yeah massive for Eagles. I definitely didn't think we could win it right up until the penultimate drive, where I thought if they don't go for it on 4th down, we'll win. Still don't really understand how they did it. No way they have the Colts' talent.

- I have a feeling that right up until week 15 Dallas will be one game behind Eagles and just never go away. Their D is fine. It'll get exposed but has done a great job so far. Their offense is giving up more TDs than they are. Giants are terrible, but not so bad that they'll get Mariotta. RG3 out will probably help Skins in the next few weeks somehow. But yes, put what you got on Eagles to make postseason. After what I saw this morning, I can't see how they'll miss.

- You've got that right on NFC Norf... WAY too hard to pick. WIll come down to injuries/suspensions/criminal investigations. Though I safely put the Pack ahead of the others in the long run.

• Like 1

I've got NFL whatsoever.Thank [censored].

I don't understand what you mean about Jacksonville? The stat counts for everyone regardless of teams. Not an important stat, I'll grant you... but still a bit of fun.

To come back from 14 down twice to start the season you have to be very good right? Particularly as one of those games will be on the road. So I think it's rare to find a team good enough to come back from behind once but also having the ability to be bad enough to go behind 14. That's my point really. The Eagles come back at Indy was remarkable, that they were ever down 14 to Jacksonville is just as remarkable!

- Yeah massive for Eagles. I definitely didn't think we could win it right up until the penultimate drive, where I thought if they don't go for it on 4th down, we'll win. Still don't really understand how they did it. No way they have the Colts' talent.

You've got as much talent on defense as the Colts without Mathis, you've got a way way better offensive line and RB's, not a huge difference between the tight ends and WR's. They've got you covered at QB but sometimes there's only so much a QB can do. I thought they'd beat you being at home, but a close game was to be expected.

Damn Indy, they haven't drafted or signed FA's very well. They haven't really developed a run of great players or any special systems. But they had 15 years of Manning, a gap year then 15 years of Luck. And they have Houston, Tenn and Jacksonville in their division. If they aren't some of the luckiest sports fans in the world then who is!

To come back from 14 down twice to start the season you have to be very good right? Particularly as one of those games will be on the road. So I think it's rare to find a team good enough to come back from behind once but also having the ability to be bad enough to go behind 14. That's my point really. The Eagles come back at Indy was remarkable, that they were ever down 14 to Jacksonville is just as remarkable!

Ah Gotcha.

You've got as much talent on defense as the Colts without Mathis, you've got a way way better offensive line and RB's, not a huge difference between the tight ends and WR's. They've got you covered at QB but sometimes there's only so much a QB can do. I thought they'd beat you being at home, but a close game was to be expected.

Damn Indy, they haven't drafted or signed FA's very well. They haven't really developed a run of great players or any special systems. But they had 15 years of Manning, a gap year then 15 years of Luck. And they have Houston, Tenn and Jacksonville in their division. If they aren't some of the luckiest sports fans in the world then who is!

I would argue the Eagles TE outdoes theirs. Especially in that system vs Eagles system.

And yeah, it's easy being an Indy fan.

Only team I really like is the Colts to beat Jacksonville, they simply have to win

And I'll go with the Packers because at least if I'm wrong it keeps the division level for my Bears

Ravens, Charges, Texans even the Cowboys (bless them) might be the logical pick, but I'm going to be unorthodox and go with:

The Bucs, to bounce back from 0-2 against back up QB's and shock the Falcons in the Georgia Dome on Thursday night

Only team I really like is the Colts to beat Jacksonville, they simply have to win

And I'll go with the Packers because at least if I'm wrong it keeps the division level for my Bears

Ravens, Charges, Texans even the Cowboys (bless them) might be the logical pick, but I'm going to be unorthodox and go with:

The Bucs, to bounce back from 0-2 against back up QB's and shock the Falcons in the Georgia Dome on Thursday night

If we lose to the bucs I'm changing teams

Edited by JV7

Loving the early season form of the Bills. Great for football. The Browns have played pretty nicely as well.

Also good to see the Saints, Packers, Seahawks and Patriots all get some early losses. Gives everyone a hope that some of those teams won't just roll through the year dominating.

Surely Washington has to bite the bullet and play Cousins over RGIII even if he's fit? And surely it's Bortles time in Jacksonville?

Loving the early season form of the Bills. Great for football. The Browns have played pretty nicely as well.

Also good to see the Saints, Seahawks, 49ers and Patriots all get some early losses. Gives everyone a hope that some of those teams won't just roll through the year dominating.

Surely Washington has to bite the bullet and play Cousins over RGIII even if he's fit? And surely it's Bortles time in Jacksonville?

Fixed :)

There's nearly always around 3 new teams that make the playoffs ... often any of those 3 are teams that have played playoffs more recently. Can't remember the last time Buffalo made it though.

Big game for your blokes this week @ Arizona - an early in the year ... "season definer?"

Edited by Macca

TV games ...

Friday

10.25am Tampa Bay at Atlanta (ESPN)

Monday

3.00am - 9.30am RedZone (ESPN ... "Every Touchdown From Every Game")

3.00am Washington at Philadelphia (7mate)

6.25am Denver at Seattle (7mate)

10.30am Pittsburgh at Carolina (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

10.30am Chicago at NY Jets (ESPN)

All the week 3 games

BS Report

With the Super Bowl rematch between the Seahawks and Broncos coming up on Monday (7mate ... 6.25am) it might be worth having a look at the soundbites and highlights of the Super Bowl played between these 2 teams (produced by NFL films)

Seattle / Denver 1st half (approx 8 mins)

Seattle / Denver 2nd half (approx 9 mins)

Dappa we have the Cowboys this week so hopefully we can give you some breathing space :)

Could you do that for me? Ta.

Fixed :)

There's nearly always around 3 new teams that make the playoffs ... often any of those 3 are teams that have played playoffs more recently. Can't remember the last time Buffalo made it though.

Big game for your blokes this week @ Arizona - an early in the year ... "season definer?"

I think it's five isn't it? Actually I read somewhere the average is something like 5.8 new teams every year in playoffs...

Could you do that for me? Ta.

I think it's five isn't it? Actually I read somewhere the average is something like 5.8 new teams every year in playoffs...

Wow ... that's a lot and more evidence on how good this league is.

Found out that Buffalo haven't made the playoffs since the late 90's so they're overdue. Makes the Demons record look quite good in comparison :)