NFL

Dappa Dan

Yeah thank god we play them twice...

ha ha

With no disrespect to the Bears, Lions & Vikings, I wouldn't want to be in your division. Even trying to get a wild-card is a huge ask.

Full credit to the Seahawks though - forget the crowd, they're just a tremendous team.

And ... they look hungry again.

Can I change my divisional tips :)

• Like 1

So far we've got 5 in the tipping comp ... don't forget that you can join in anytime

For details go to the first post on the previous page.

The reason I think the niners have looked poor is the oline is getting punished and Kap is getting no time or space, they seemed to go three and out often or only one or two first downs before punting. But it is the pre season, they will prob get the wild card but what I saw pre season I wouldn't put money on it.

Missed the official start but no one was ever tipping GB right so its ok?

New England

New Orleans (with caution)

San Diego

If in doubt go with the top QB's is my theory. Whether Rivers is a top QB is another question but he was last year and Jared Rivers form my transfer to cousin Phil.

Also wanted to tip Minnesota over St Louis in a battle of back up QBs (Cassel is backing up Teddy just in reverse!).

I'm a very nervous Bears fan. Bills having so many issues they might just all be a smoke screen and our defense and special teams are awful.

• Like 1

So I missed the start of the season. Damn.

Why have the 49ers looked poor over the pre season and why should it matter?

Carlton used to always look bad in practice matches, then turn things around completely in the real stuff.

2 issues for San Fran:

On offense: One of your best O linemen held out of camp. Another is injured. Without top O line play your running game doesn't work as well (just like every team). Without the running game Kap has to do more by making good reads and throws and the offense struggles. Every chance the O line steps up. The veteran receivers play well. Gore is Gore. Kap makes enough plays with his legs and throwing and your offense scores against a dreadful Dallas defense. Wouldn't be overly concerned.

On defense: Lost some players in free agency. Aldon Smith suspended for the start of the season. Bowman coming back from injury. That's 2 elite players missing. Ray McDonald should be suspended already but will be dealt with in Nov for domestic violence chargers. It just doesn't seem the same defense as the last two years.

So I think you'll fix your offense and be an average solid offense but I'm concerned you wont be a great defense overall. Which means wildcard spot at best and doing it the hard way through away post season wins. That said you've got Dallas away and Chicago home to start. Not a bad way to get to 2-0.

Home game momentum at new Levi stadium will be interesting. They've ripped up the grass twice after the first preseason game. And a fan died from dehydration after the first game. Not a great start.

• Like 1

Missed the official start but no one was ever tipping GB right so its ok?

New England

New Orleans (with caution)

San Diego

If in doubt go with the top QB's is my theory. Whether Rivers is a top QB is another question but he was last year and Jared Rivers form my transfer to cousin Phil.

Also wanted to tip Minnesota over St Louis in a battle of back up QBs (Cassel is backing up Teddy just in reverse!).

I'm a very nervous Bears fan. Bills having so many issues they might just all be a smoke screen and our defense and special teams are awful.

Perhaps the Packers will win favour from a few here when we're at Soldier Field in a few weeks time ... it's been a happy hunting ground in the recent past for Green Bay. 5 wins from the last 6 trips (apparently) :ph34r:

Reckon the Chargers might get up for you in your tips ... I've always had time for Rivers and when he's "on", San Diego are a dangerous opponent

Anyway ... the TV games again ...

Monday

3.00am - 9.30am RedZone (ESPN ... "Every Touchdown From Every Game")

3.00am New Orleans at Atlanta (7mate)

6.25am San Francisco at Dallas (7mate)

10.30am Indianapolis at Denver (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

9.10am NY Giants at Detroit (ESPN)

12.20pm San Diego at Arizona (ESPN)

... All the week 1 games

Giants Detroit game I'll def be watching, will be intersting to see where both clubs are at. I have Tuesday off too!

All 5 live games offer something but I'm gonna do the whole redzone thing and then do the 3 night games ... that's Monday morning, Monday evening and Tuesday evening taken care of!

Perhaps the Packers will win favour from a few here when we're at Soldier Field in a few weeks time ... it's been a happy hunting ground in the recent past for Green Bay. 5 wins from the last 6 trips (apparently) :ph34r:

You probably will. Rodgers will find a way to score more than he did against pretty much every team besides Seattle. My comments was more saying how good they are (particularly at home) not about you guys. That said I'm not all that high about the packers doing anything come January because I see the O and D line play of NFL is pretty much contested ball in AFL. If you don't win there you don't play 'finals footy' regardless of skill players. Packers O Line looks below par. The D line is relying on ancient Peppers and injury prone Matthews on the outside but looks very soft on the inside without Raji. Bit of Geelong about the packers.

You probably will. Rodgers will find a way to score more than he did against pretty much every team besides Seattle. My comments was more saying how good they are (particularly at home) not about you guys. That said I'm not all that high about the packers doing anything come January because I see the O and D line play of NFL is pretty much contested ball in AFL. If you don't win there you don't play 'finals footy' regardless of skill players. Packers O Line looks below par. The D line is relying on ancient Peppers and injury prone Matthews on the outside but looks very soft on the inside without Raji. Bit of Geelong about the packers.

It's too early to tell with the Packers. Let's see what happens with all the defensive players we've drafted in the last 2 years. Our running game is on the improve as well. The 2 teams in the West remain the biggest obstacles in the NFC, that much is true.

A lot can happen during the regular season - especially with injuries. For now, all Green Bay would be concerned about is winning the division and if last year is anything to go by, it seemed that Chicago or Detroit both got "stage fright" when it mattered. Both teams choked it up big time down the stretch but that wasn't all that unexpected especially when considering how both Cutler & Stafford tend to melt down on occasions.

Green Bay winning the division last season was really an indictment on the other 2 teams. Minnesota were trying to sort things out with the QB position so they were out of it early.

To win the whole thing requires requires a good dose of luck and and sometimes a playoff bound team just needs to be playing well at the right time. Not all Super Bowl winners are "Super teams" ... it's Seattle's to lose but it's far from over just yet. Teams are going to come at them and they have to visit San Diego, Carolina, KC, Philadelphia, Arizona & San Francisco.

If the Seahawks have got that "real" hunger again, they'll go close.

It's too early to tell with the Packers. Let's see what happens with all the defensive players we've drafted in the last 2 years. Our running game is on the improve as well. The 2 teams in the West remain the biggest obstacles in the NFC, that much is true.

A lot can happen during the regular season - especially with injuries. For now, all Green Bay would be concerned about is winning the division and if last year is anything to go by, it seemed that Chicago or Detroit both got "stage fright" when it mattered. Both teams choked it up big time down the stretch but that wasn't all that unexpected especially when considering how both Cutler & Stafford tend to melt down on occasions.

Green Bay winning the division last season was really an indictment on the other 2 teams. Minnesota were trying to sort things out with the QB position so they were out of it early.

To win the whole thing requires requires a good dose of luck and and sometimes a playoff bound team just needs to be playing well at the right time. Not all Super Bowl winners are "Super teams" ... it's Seattle's to lose but it's far from over just yet. Teams are going to come at them and they have to visit San Diego, Carolina, KC, Philadelphia, Arizona & San Francisco.

If the Seahawks have got that "real" hunger again, they'll go close.

Detroit choked. Chicago's defense was just all time bad with the injuries. Not just a little bad like Green Bay with injuries but the next level of bad! Cutler played one of the best games he's ever played against GB last year and went drive for drive with Rodgers. It came down to a 4th and long, Peppers couldn't contain or get to Rodgers and our safety blew the play.

It's one thing I like about the NFL is how unpredictable the playoffs are and how one slight mistake by a player can turn a game. A bad read by a WR can turn an easy reception to keep momentum in to a pick 6 that changes the result.

Maybe I'm overrating Seattle but I can't see them faltering at home. Injuries will be key to stopping them.

Totally agree about not super teams winning the superbowl. It's another great thing about the NFL. But my main concern remains physicality. I'm struggling to think of a team that wasn't super physical. Baltimore - not a great team but O line played out of their minds and defense has always been hard and tough. Giants underdog teams that had D Lines that became dominant at the right times of the year. That's the achilles heel of Seattle if their O line take some injuries. But as of the first game they dealt with the Packers easily.

Wrapt to finally be on the end of a close win.. Must have been the melbourne supporter in me but I thought we were gone once the saints got infront late.. Matt Ryan was awesome. Caught a bit of the broncos game aswell, gee they looked good