NFL

Dappa Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Martin at the 9'rs along with the legend Blaine Gabbert....

Not completely surprised he got another go considering he was a first round pick etc. But surprised the 49ers traded anything at all for him. And now they've followed it up with Jonathan Martin. Seems they believe in their powers to turn players around.

Bears today got Lamarr Houston from Oakland on a 5 year 35 mil contract for the 26 year old DE. Seems more a solid run stopping DE than a big sack guy but he helps our defense. Plus we got a cheapish safety. And resigned our MLB.

Still need to add another DE, DT, CB and probably another depth safety whether it's our own free agents coming back or not.

There were some interesting deals around the league. The saints landing Byrd the safety. They might transition from a great offense no defense to a pretty good defense but not such a great offense.

Broncos have been the biggest movers I think bringing in TJ Ward at safety and Aqib Talib at CB. And there' the favourites for Ware. That would give them some serious improvement on defense.

Revis rumoured to the patriots. That would be huge.

Cleveland the other big movers replacing their safety in Ward with a more expensive one in Whitner and signing Dansby. They'll likely have a very good defense but still be limited by QB play on offense.

• 2 weeks later...

Allen gone to the Bears, 4 years (really 3) is steep for a D lineman of his age.

Shattered to see him go. He has had double digit sacks every year for a long time. Going to a divisional rival isn't nice either.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/mike-huguenin/200650

Could I dream? Johnny Football, A.P and C.Patterson running around stupid on offence. It might not work but it would be bloody fun to watch. The whole Manziel saga is interesting. Some have him at pick 1 and Skip Bayless has said if the Texans don't take him they are doomed. But then Ron Jaworski who is someone I enjoy hearing from says he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Time will tell but the Vikes need a QB. I say go for Manziel since Butt fumble signed with the eagles.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/mike-huguenin/200650

Could I dream? Johnny Football, A.P and C.Patterson running around stupid on offence. It might not work but it would be bloody fun to watch. The whole Manziel saga is interesting. Some have him at pick 1 and Skip Bayless has said if the Texans don't take him they are doomed. But then Ron Jaworski who is someone I enjoy hearing from says he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Time will tell but the Vikes need a QB. I say go for Manziel since Butt fumble signed with the eagles.

Apparently he was really good in his pro day, first time I have seen a player let alone a QB wear full pads at a pro day too.

• 4 weeks later...

9 days until the draft? Who do you want.

Will teams learn a lesson from the 2012 draft class that wasting first round picks on questionable QBs isn't wise.

Is Clowney that good?

This draft drags out for bloody ever. It should of been done at least two weeks ago. The media are quoting "sources" about every player. GM's are playing funny buggers.Bridgewater is no good now probably a second round pick, Johnny football could go anywhere and clowney has been questioned about his desire to play hard after taking it easy this year after his blowout season the year before. At a guess texans take clowney or Johnny ,rams trade pick 2 to Atlanta if clowney is still there, raiders don't take a QB, Cleveland does and my Vikings take bortles at 8. Now I have a headache.

This draft drags out for bloody ever. It should of been done at least two weeks ago. The media are quoting "sources" about every player. GM's are playing funny buggers.Bridgewater is no good now probably a second round pick, Johnny football could go anywhere and clowney has been questioned about his desire to play hard after taking it easy this year after his blowout season the year before. At a guess texans take clowney or Johnny ,rams trade pick 2 to Atlanta if clowney is still there, raiders don't take a QB, Cleveland does and my Vikings take bortles at 8. Now I have a headache.

Yeah they're trying to move it later to steal the limelight from the NBA but they are really just hurting themselves.

I think the Texans want a trade but probably can't find one.

I'm not buying the Atlanta move. I think as good as he's been they've probably learn from the Julio Jones trade that it's not worth it. Selling more of their future for Clowney would be a big mistake. They need an O line, TE, possibly a RB, third receiver and help all over the defense to win a superbowl not just one pass rusher.

I'm hoping for their sake Cleveland hold strong and wait until their late first round pick for QB.

Vikings as well got to be thinking about second round or later surely. I like Bridgewater, Carr and Murray just as much as Bortles if not more.

Time for some NFL teams to head the lessons of Paul Roos and trading back in the draft!

Yeah they're trying to move it later to steal the limelight from the NBA but they are really just hurting themselves.

I think the Texans want a trade but probably can't find one.

I'm not buying the Atlanta move. I think as good as he's been they've probably learn from the Julio Jones trade that it's not worth it. Selling more of their future for Clowney would be a big mistake. They need an O line, TE, possibly a RB, third receiver and help all over the defense to win a superbowl not just one pass rusher.

I'm hoping for their sake Cleveland hold strong and wait until their late first round pick for QB.

Vikings as well got to be thinking about second round or later surely. I like Bridgewater, Carr and Murray just as much as Bortles if not more.

Time for some NFL teams to head the lessons of Paul Roos and trading back in the draft!

Which is why St.Louis should be very happy with themselves. They have a pick 2 and they don't really need it. If the player they need/want is touted to go mid first round or second round they can trade down to get more picks and still get the player they wanted. A top ten pick when you have a QB and a good team is not a huge priority. If bradford can stay fit and live up to his potential the Rams GM looks like a genius after that trade with Washington.

If Minnesota stuff this draft up i'll be filthy. Yes we need a QB and the last time we needed a QB we had pick 12 and drafted Ponder. We could have taken a QB in the second round as there wasn't a standout QB at that pick. I'm pretty sure Wilson went to Seattle very late in the same draft. My gut feel is Goodell will call out "At pick 8 the vikings choose whatever QB hasn't been picked"

Another fun draft day. I can breathe again as the vikes took a QB. I think the rams were the big winners. Their front 7 looks pretty scary now. The bills get the sure thing of the draft. Watkins is a ready to go player. Oakland got a great OLB but I'm not sold on their QB. The browns make things interesting with getting Johnny. We tried to trade up to get him after passing on him with pick 9 but the browns got the pick from philly with a better offer. Trading up for bridgewater with pick 32 is ok by me. I'm not rushing out to buy a bridgewater jersey like I would've if we got Johnny but I'll wait and see.

Another fun draft day. I can breathe again as the vikes took a QB. I think the rams were the big winners. Their front 7 looks pretty scary now. The bills get the sure thing of the draft. Watkins is a ready to go player. Oakland got a great OLB but I'm not sold on their QB. The browns make things interesting with getting Johnny. We tried to trade up to get him after passing on him with pick 9 but the browns got the pick from philly with a better offer. Trading up for bridgewater with pick 32 is ok by me. I'm not rushing out to buy a bridgewater jersey like I would've if we got Johnny but I'll wait and see.

I'm not entirely up with things but have heard a number of good reports re Bridgewater. What happens to Ponder and Cassell now? Is Freeman off your roster?

The Packers picked up a free safety with their 1st pick. "Interesting" name ... Ha Ha Clinton-Dix ... he might be able to play well and make us Green Bay fans smile at the same time! (ha ha)

Johnny Football ended up at Browns - I hope he goes well after all the hype.

5 WR's went in the 1st round but not one RB (again) I heard Bill Parcells the other day talking about how the College system can often shape the direction of the NFL (in relation to the type of player that is produced)

I'm not entirely up with things but have heard a number of good reports re Bridgewater. What happens to Ponder and Cassell now? Is Freeman off your roster?

The Packers picked up a free safety with their 1st pick. "Interesting" name ... Ha Ha Clinton-Dix ... he might be able to play well and make us Green Bay fans smile at the same time! (ha ha)

Johnny Football ended up at Browns - I hope he goes well after all the hype.

5 WR's went in the 1st round but not one RB (again) I heard Bill Parcells the other day talking about how the College system can often shape the direction of the NFL (in relation to the type of player that is produced)

Any team that picks first round QB has a 5th year option on their contract. Ponder was a first round pick and we didn't pick up that 5th year with him. This is his last year in purple and I think freeman is a giant now.He is 3rd string right now I'd say cassell is the starter we re-signed him and teddy will be the back up. No RB's in the first round is the norm now. But it makes them a steal in the later rounds. Defense was the need for most teams and it seemed everyone apart from the jags (bortles at #3) we're gun shy to take a QB early. It was a game to see how long teams could hold out on taking the QB they wanted. Cleveland won by taking a safety at 8 and then striking gold with Johnny in the 20's. Ha ha is an interesting name but he can play. He can blitz from the backfield very well.

Any team that picks first round QB has a 5th year option on their contract. Ponder was a first round pick and we didn't pick up that 5th year with him. This is his last year in purple and I think freeman is a giant now.He is 3rd string right now I'd say cassell is the starter we re-signed him and teddy will be the back up. No RB's in the first round is the norm now. But it makes them a steal in the later rounds. Defense was the need for most teams and it seemed everyone apart from the jags (bortles at #3) we're gun shy to take a QB early. It was a game to see how long teams could hold out on taking the QB they wanted. Cleveland won by taking a safety at 8 and then striking gold with Johnny in the 20's. Ha ha is an interesting name but he can play. He can blitz from the backfield very well.

Yeah, I'm happy to for us to draft another player from the Crimson Tide - Lacy is working out really well. Ha'Sean (his real name) looks a likely type and we certainly need to strengthen our secondary. As predicted, the Packers went for a WR in the 2nd round (Devante Adams)

I see the Texans might have been looking at Bridgewater and they had their next pick after your Vikes picked Teddy at 32. Houston still haven't grabbed a QB after today's picks and that's a bit of a surprise (or maybe it isn't*) Garoppolo was drafted by the Patriots so it could be assumed that they're looking at life after Tom.

Bryan Fischer from NFL.com has given the Rams, *Texans, Vikings, Ravens, Raiders and the Packers some high praise after the completion of their 3rd round picks. However, like all drafts, you need to keep your fingers crossed!

2014 NFL Draft: Second day quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

• Like 1

Stoked with Robinson, did think we would get a WR but they seemed to not think we needed any.

I'd say St Louis were the biggest winners in the draft. It does say that the Rams are all in on Bradford. He has the protection and defense around him now and I hope he stays fit to prove his worth.

Yeah I wasn't sure if they would stick with Bradford to he honest. But he should have time to make passes with the O/Line, but with Stacey going so well last season and getting Mason in RB who played with Robinson should hopefully give us a good ground game to open up the passing game.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I wasn't sure if they would stick with Bradford to he honest. But he should have time to make passes with the O/Line, but with Stacey going so well last season and getting Mason in RB who played with Robinson should hopefully give us a good ground game to open up the passing game.

The NFC west should now have 4 teams with excellent defenses, you could argue they might be the 4 best in the entire league all in one division. And none of them have the top range big money QB's and they are committed to the ground game. Going to be some epic games between those 4 teams this year.

My early tip for playoff teams

NFC

West: Seattle

South: New Orleans

East: Philly

North: Detroit

WC: Atlanta and Arizona

AFC:

North: Baltimore

South: Colts

West: San Diego

East: New England