NFL

Dappa Dan

11 hours ago, JV7 said:

I think all of us here have reason to be optimistic about our teams chances in the NFC, looks like an even season.. I know sides get hot towards playoffs and go on a run is usually how it goes but reckon we'll all be there abouts come the last few weeks

6 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah that's true, we're all a bit spoilt right now. Although, it is early days. Last year Eagles were 3-0, then lost to Dallas badly and went 2-9... So early days.

There's more than a few niners fans here that wouldn't be too happy haha ... they all post here from time to time and a couple have entered into the tipping comp (both now and previously)

And where the hell is @cowboy_from_hell ... he's normally all over this thread.  Although,  I sometimes take decent breaks from this place (the footy threads) whenever it suits so that's probably all it is. 

Edited by Macca

Leaderboard in the comp

3 - JV7

2 - Dappa Dan

1 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Macca

0 - Take a wild guess

This week is even harder and we're all playing for 2 points ... best of luck!

image.thumb.png.c4acc045c2a73f393e25f38f2f6c2bbf.png

The Bucs need to find a decent kicker and quickly.... It's been a shambles since they drafted Aguayo in the 2nd round, Folks isn't much better... Without looking at the highlights etc, looks like it cost them today

Who are we tuning into tomorrow morning? Obviously Eagles for me, but i'd really like to see Giants and Chargers. They've got interesting if sputtering offenses. I feel like it'll end up being Rivers throwing for 350+, Eli throwing for less, but Giants getting a running game going. And one side goes to 0-5...

Packers @ Dallas is my obvious preferred game to watch - I'm never optimistic with these sorts of games though so I'm hoping for a good showing from Green Bay.  If Dallas are allowed to score freely we'll struggle. 

The other games of real interest are Carolina @ Detroit,  Seattle @ Rams & KC @ Houston. 

Here's Bill Simmons latest column ...  What Is the Most Bitter Fan Base in the NFL?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Macca said:

Packers @ Dallas is my obvious preferred game to watch - I'm never optimistic with these sorts of games though so I'm hoping for a good showing from Green Bay.  If Dallas are allowed to score freely we'll struggle. 

The other games of real interest are Carolina @ Detroit,  Seattle @ Rams & KC @ Houston. 

Here's Bill Simmons latest column ...  What Is the Most Bitter Fan Base in the NFL?

Pretty amazing finish! Can Rodgers win the equivalent of the Brownlow!!?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Pretty amazing finish! Can Rodgers win the equivalent of the Brownlow!!?

MVP will do ... heading for a 3rd?  :blink:

• Like 2

A little bit disappointed in the Rams @Gorgoroth, even though I picked Hawks. Thought they'd find a couple more holes through that D. Still. In my bitterly ruthless fantasy league that loves to rag on Wentz and Goff, even they are saying now that the Dak, Wentz, Goff year might go down as one of the all time great QB classes. The fact that all three have put together really seriously good football so early in their careers is pretty impressive. Now that I think about it, they might be right. Add to that the, frankly, startling things Watson is doing, and Mariotta and Winston from a couple of years back, and it really is generation next.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 10:23 PM, Dappa Dan said:

Pats, Vikes, Seahawks

Go the Vikes hey!

And your lads are flying Dappa ... 4 & 1 and 2 games clear of your biggest rival (although instead of Dallas that might be the Redskins now) 

Winning form is infectious and if you can win at least 2 of the next 3 (@ Panthers (this upcoming Thursday night),  vs Washington,  vs 49ers) then you're well set-up for the 2nd half of the season. 

And how 'bout them Jags @Clintosaurus?  Like Seattle from the more recent past,  your D is often your offense.  It's great to see actually ... you'll probably need 10 wins to get it done in your division but 9 wins might suffice.  Your schedule isn't tough so it's do-able.

@Gorgoroth ... what about those Panthers?  2 big wins on the road and their schedule now looks a hell of a lot easier.  @JV7 might be getting a tad concerned :ph34r:  Newton is a real talent and if he can hold things together, they're a real show.

As for my Packers ... that's a clutch win in big D and Rodgers is just amazing.  The WR's really stood up as well and when that happens, we're always a chance.  I'm not sure how far we can go with a below average defense but they do have their good days - get the timing right and who knows?

Edited by Macca

I’ve not read the comm3nts, still got the late game t9 watch.

All I’ll say on the Rams is that we lost that game. Made so many unforced mistakes. Goff believed the hype and threw so many stupid throws into 2 and 3 cover.

Gurley losing the ball on the first chance at the end zone and Greg the Leg missing a easy FG, right then I knew we would lose.

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

Go the Vikes hey!

And your lads are flying Dappa ... 4 & 1 and 2 games clear of your biggest rival (although instead of Dallas that might be the Redskins now) 

Winning form is infectious and if you can win at least 2 of the next 3 (@ Panthers (this upcoming Thursday night),  vs Washington,  vs 49ers) then you're well set-up for the 2nd half of the season. 

And how 'bout them Jags @Clintosaurus?  Like Seattle from the more recent past,  your D is often your offense.  It's great to see actually ... you'll probably need 10 wins to get it done in your division but 9 wins might suffice.  Your schedule isn't tough so it's do-able.

@Gorgoroth ... what about those Panthers?  2 big wins on the road and their schedule now looks a hell of a lot easier.  @JV7 might be getting a tad concerned :ph34r:  Newton is a real talent and if he can hold things together, they're a real show.

As for my Packers ... that's a clutch win in big D and Rodgers is just amazing.  The WR's really stood up as well and when that happens, we're always a chance.  I'm not sure how far we can go with a below average defense but they do have their good days - get the timing right and who knows?

Mate it's awesome. And right now, aside from the Eagles, no club is more popular in Philly than the Packers. Watching the game, it felt like they had you all the way. Their offense was gashing you, your O line was all guards and was letting them through to Rodgers. I didn't think they could do it. But that's Rodgers for you. Thrilled Dallas is 2-3 now. That's actually a tough spot to come back from. You'd think they'd have to not lose any more than 3 of the next 11... that will take some doing. But I still think they're the real threat. Still not confident on Skins. Bit too up and down. But wow, what a great start to a season for a team that not too many thought would have a shot. And all this time... the Giants. :o

13 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

All I’ll say on the Rams is that we lost that game. Made so many unforced mistakes. Goff believed the hype and threw so many stupid throws into 2 and 3 cover.

Gurley losing the ball on the first chance at the end zone and Greg the Leg missing a easy FG, right then I knew we would lose.

Pretty horrendously bad luck. And while Goff wasn't his scintillating best, I did like that he was aggressive. Watching Wentz overthrow guys for fear of throwing a pick is as frustrating as the risky ones that don't come off. Kupp dropped the winner too. Was just a bad luck day all around really, but certainly no reason to throw in the towel. Many people have Seattle's D as the best going round. So that's a pretty good effort.

2 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Mate it's awesome. And right now, aside from the Eagles, no club is more popular in Philly than the Packers. Watching the game, it felt like they had you all the way. Their offense was gashing you, your O line was all guards and was letting them through to Rodgers. I didn't think they could do it. But that's Rodgers for you. Thrilled Dallas is 2-3 now. That's actually a tough spot to come back from. You'd think they'd have to not lose any more than 3 of the next 11... that will take some doing. But I still think they're the real threat. Still not confident on Skins. Bit too up and down. But wow, what a great start to a season for a team that not too many thought would have a shot. And all this time... the Giants. :o

Pretty horrendously bad luck. And while Goff wasn't his scintillating best, I did like that he was aggressive. Watching Wentz overthrow guys for fear of throwing a pick is as frustrating as the risky ones that don't come off. Kupp dropped the winner too. Was just a bad luck day all around really, but certainly no reason to throw in the towel. Many people have Seattle's D as the best going round. So that's a pretty good effort.

And aside from tomorrow's game there's a big clash coming up in a few days time for your blokes (Eagles @ Panthers)  I'm not sure how the players ever find a way to back up again just 4 days later but the match-ups are often very good and I suppose both sides are in the same boat (re prep time)

All I know is that it just continues the Friday night 'football' (on the box) and I'm all-in.   One of the teams will almost certainly end up being 5 & 1 and well set-up.  Newton vs Wentz - bring it on.

The Giants will win games soon enough ... they can only hope to play spoiler now and they do have 4 games left within your division.