Woewodin to Lions

beelzebub

FFS i know the club was responsible and accountable....., but in this case it was not their fault. What i am saying is they had no choice.

wtf ? think about it.

because you don't get it. he was already contracted for 2001.

you know the club was "responsible", but you can't see that "it was not their fault ?" what planet are you on ?

they had a choice. they could have negotiated a contract the following year. when he was already contracted. they also had a choice regarding the size of the contract and managing it so it wouldn't effect pressure on the cap.

think about it.

no, seriously...think about it. then admit you're wrong.

wtf ? think about it.

because you don't get it. he was already contracted for 2001.

you know the club was "responsible", but you can't see that "it was not their fault ?" what planet are you on ?

they had a choice. they could have negotiated a contract the following year. when he was already contracted. they also had a choice regarding the size of the contract and managing it so it wouldn't effect pressure on the cap.

think about it.

no, seriously...think about it. then admit you're wrong.

And how many other clubs were waiting to make a bigger offer, if the MFC hadn't stitched up a idea in 2000 ??? Thought about that...The club could not afford to wait another year.

The guy had just pulled off a Brownlow that NOBODY had suspected. A new contract had to be drawn up....You think about it.

It's called business.

And how many other clubs were waiting to make a bigger offer, if the MFC hadn't stitched up a idea in 2000 ??? Thought about that...The club could not afford to wait another year.

The guy had just pulled off a Brownlow that NOBODY had suspected. A new contract had to be drawn up....You think about it.

It's called business.

go on hotshot, how many clubs then ? how many clubs wanted to take on a bloke still with a year to run on his contract ? having just won a Brownlow.

it's called business. prudent business, and this wasn't. they could have waited 9-10 months and see how he went in 2001, before inking another contract. so, a new contract then didn't have to be drawn up.

you've already said the club was responsible. you should have left it at that. but no, you don't ever to seem to fess up, but you keep rambling. that is a given.

Edited by Grimes to Watts

go on hotshot, how many clubs then ? how many clubs wanted to take on a bloke still with a year to run on his contract ? having just won a Brownlow.

it's called business. prudent business, and this wasn't. they could have waited 9-10 months and see how he went in 2001, before inking another contract. so, a new contract then didn't have to be drawn up.

you've already said the club was responsible. you should have left it at that. but no, you don't ever to seem to fess up, but you keep rambling. that is a given.

You are telling me at the end of 2001 if Woey had not been contracted long term, there would be no interest? Of course there would. Hindsight is a great thing, and yes we can all see the mistakes now but at the time the Club wanted to stitch him up long term as a one club player, and after winning the Charlie his Price went up. So what should they have done?

As i said the club was in a rock and a hard place, whichever way they moved it was going to hurt.

I'm am just telling you what was passed on to me over a couple of months post 2000 GF.

You are telling me at the end of 2001 if Woey had not been contracted long term, there would be no interest? Of course there would. Hindsight is a great thing, and yes we can all see the mistakes now but at the time the Club wanted to stitch him up long term as a one club player, and after winning the Charlie his Price went up. So what should they have done?As i said the club was in a rock and a hard place, whichever way they moved it was going to hurt.

I'm am just telling you what was passed on to me over a couple of months post 2000 GF.

I have already told you what could have and probably should have been done. why jack up the $$$ just after the brownlow with a year still to run ? and why a heavily back ended contract ? sure a brownlow carries a bit of prestige and currency, but this sort of multi $ contract with a year that was still to run on the one in place...I seriously doubt it.

it's all worthless talking about it now. what you don't get is you have blamed the player manager and labelled him "greedy", yet you have also stated the club is responsible - yet it's not their fault ? do you see where it makes you look like a fool ?

fact is, the club itself reacted when it didn't necessarily have to, and paid for it, in more ways than one. when it could have waited.

Edited by Grimes to Watts

I have already told you what could have and probably should have been done. why jack up the $$$ just after the brownlow with a year still to run ?

it's all worthless talking about it now. what you don't get is you have blamed the player manager and labelled him "greedy", yet you have also stated the club is responsible - yet it's not their fault ? do you see where it makes you look like a fool ?

fact is, the club itself reacted when it didn't necessarily have to, and paid for it, in more ways than one. when it could have waited.

Sure we all paid for it, The main fact the club did not factor in was that we did not make the finals in 2011-They fully expected to do so, and it was a main reason to get the contract out of the way-and yes the player manager was partly to blame. Stephen Powell was a big factor in Woey getting that medal, and sadly both of them could not replicate the form of 2000 again.

Sure we all paid for it, The main fact the club did not factor in was that we did not make the finals in 2011 2001 -They fully expected to do so, and it was a main reason to get the contract out of the way-and yes the player manager was partly to blame. Stephen Powell was a big factor in Woey getting that medal, and sadly both of them could not replicate the form of 2000 again.

FFS ! now you're saying it is fact, that getting the contract done in 2000 was because we were expected to make the finals in 2001 ????? :wacko: Even if it was, that would be seen as mis-management on the club's behalf.

and wtf has stephen powell got to do with this discussion ? you're rambling. Again.

just remember you stated near the top of this thread:

a greedy manager that caused most of the problems-That's what i was told at the time.

any problems associated with salary cap are the clubs doing and the clubs responsibility. end of story.

FFS ! now you're saying it is fact, that getting the contract done in 2000 was because we were expected to make the finals in 2001 ????? :wacko: Even if it was, that would be seen as mis-management on the club's behalf.

and wtf has stephen powell got to do with this discussion ? you're rambling. Again.

any problems associated with salary cap are the clubs doing and the clubs responsibility. end of story.

i wouldn't reply any further on this matter if I was you.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Stephen Powell had a lot to do with Woey getting that medal, & getting the medal is where all the problems started.

Good night

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Stephen Powell had a lot to do with Woey getting that medal, & getting the medal is where all the problems started.

You are right about Steven Powell's contribution to that medal. You could add Rigoni and Leoncelli to that mix as well.

And the medal was not the problem. Nor was it the greedy manager.

Its a pity hindsight is wasted resource for some.

Absolute garbage. You are making this all up...again.

His contract was renegotiated post the B'low. We would not have got rid of Woey earlier as he was contracted. The contract was structured by the Club and was back ended so the contractual pain was at the final years of the contract. It was dumb business by the Club and not the "greedy manager" as you implied

Your grasp on issues is tenuous at best

Whilst I think you are a SMartrs at times, you are not wrong many times. Again IMO- you are totally right.The trouble is with WYL he spends too much time in the Phillipines and won't pass on his thoughts with the place- too snobby to do that....won't share goodwill aty all...

Edited by jayceebee31

Whilst I think you are a SMartrs at times, you are not wrong many times. Again IMO- you are totally right.The trouble is with WYL he spends too much time in the Phillipines and won't pass on his thoughts with the place- too snobby to do that....won't share goodwill aty all...

What would you like to know about the philippines Jayceebee? I already told you if you want to go diving or surfing its great, ortherwise other parts of asia are better for holidays!

There are 7,100 islands in the philippines so it is hard to be specific!! B)

I am not sure why we are so keen to make MFC an "old boys" sanctuary particularly when we have been starved of real success for 46 years. Woey is starting off in the coaching caper. There is no certainty he is any good at all. I hope he shows more guile in coaching than picking the winds of change in his playing career.

MFC should only appoint the best available for any coaching role regardless of whether they played for MFC or not.

Agreed. Moreover, there is a 'talk the talk, walk the walk' element to coaching. What if Woey were to be addressing the boys, urging them to be hard at the ball when someone plays a copy of the 2003 Grand Final (and the second quarter in particular) and cranks up Robert Walls' commentary?

Woey, could luck with your career - please make it elsewhere.

Shane Woewodin has taken an assistants role at Brisbane. Good luck

mate ... Did we just dip out there ?

Definately not now we have Todd Viney back.

I don't think you have got this issue in context. After the Brownlow win Woewy's management had the club over a barrell so negotiated a much fatter contract. It also helped that Jeff Farmer was leaving & the Club could not afford to lose 2 popular big name players.

I don't blame Woewy's management for what they did but in the end it hurt Shane's marketability because he was only ever a good ordinary player who had a couple of good seasons.

If he had not won the Brownlow he would probably have played 250 games at Melbourne.