Addam Maric

dee-luded

Just thought I'd start a thread for young Maric, since he seems to want out o' the Dee future.

We've all been talking of the whotif's re trades, & being trade week.

I've been scanning the pages about all sorts of trades & then Adam, who is a Tigers fan, so I thought, who have they got of comparativeness, so I went to their Home site to check their player list trying to find a common interest,,, then a name Jumped at me.

Dylan Grimes.

What say you?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say, based on what? His surname?

Based on, Maric wants to go, preferably to Richmond,

1/ we need tall defenders, Dylan Grimes was a pick around 40 - 50, not much development put into him yet.

2/ So a roughly equal trade, Maric with about 3 years of maturing & development into him. Almost ready to play AFL, to what level he will achieve is in his hands.

I think that we have an equal chance of succeeding with both kids. They get a small forward/mid they need. We get a 193cm defender that we can develop.

I reckon both players would be Rapt at the chance to swap clubs & take their chances. SO, What about it guys.

I dont get why pepole on here think we need more tall defenders.

I mean, we have Frawley, Garland, Rivers, Joel Mac (can play tall), Warnock, and from what I hear Martin.

That is 6, surley that is enough, I could be wrong, but I think we need a big forward more then a big back.

I think you're deluded.

And Grimes was not taken with pick 40-50.

Look it up.

I didn't bother looking it up as I just wanted to put the thought in peoples minds to think over. Not to be specifically factual, so I guessed from my memory that he went in that region.

so your point is that a player we're struggling to get good footy out of because he's not happy nor comfortable, that was about pick 21, from about 3 years back in our system is still worth that pick.

And that when we could do with a young tall defender to develop, actually we need 2 or 3, And he's also related and a talented kid with a mature outlook, that he'sa not worth the chance.

I disagree with you.

But don't let me feed your attention seeking. You'll do better finding some one else to argue with.

I'm not here to seek attention, just for companionship & out of interest in the subject.

I don't wish argue with anyone, as for me it is not exhilarating but annoying. So please don't be argumentative with me. There's others who like it, seek them out.

Nothing wrong with the suggestion dee-luded. Both have shown little. Could be good for both. But then I think they'd be more keen to give Grimes the few seasons Maric has had before they decide to move him on for next to nothing.

Would only happen if they're bored sitting at their table on trade week, and propose it just to pass the time. :)

If Maric really indeed wants out of Demonland, then I suspect the dees will first try and float him to North as part of a David Hale trade.

Maric may have a club in mind, and if the dees are serious about him they will not just let him walk out because the going is getting tough. If the football department have a question mark over his name, they will pull the trigger on something pretty quickly. The general consensus on Maric is that he is still required, and still can grow to become a decent footballer.

Maric could be a bargain to another club. His price is not high right now, and he does have some polished areas to his game already.

So much for those thinking there'd be no involvement by the Demons this trade week.

Maric wants out ?? fair enough... he wont have too much currency.. 3rd equivalent really

Guest hangon007

I don't know if north would want him but maric and 3rd pick for Hale? Or is that selling them a bit short?

What about Maric & 3rd Round to Tigers for their 2nd Round Pick. Then we use that 2nd round pick somehow!!!

Maybe on Hale maybe be not!!!

I dont get why pepole on here think we need more tall defenders.

I mean, we have Frawley, Garland, Rivers, Joel Mac (can play tall), Warnock, and from what I hear Martin.

That is 6, surley that is enough, I could be wrong, but I think we need a big forward more then a big back.

Thank god I'm not the only one feeling that way GM.

We are struggling to fit all our current talls in the senior side as it is, and people want more? Warnock would go close to being the best AFL-listed defender running around in the VFL, and he's only 26 years old. Plus McNamara is still there developing too (at this stage at least).

Ok, we have to be careful of injuries, but I don't think we really need to look at a tall defender for the next 2 years, and at that stage, we only need to draft (unless someone wants to come to Melbourne through trade, and we get them for bugger all). Chip Frawley has just finished his 4th season, and is AA. Even in his 3rd season he was holding his own against some of the best. Garland was in the same draft as Chip, and probably had a bigger impact (albeit a handful of games due to injury) than Chip did early in his career. You would like to think that these 2, plus Riv/Warnock can hold the key defenders titles for at least the next 8 years (Riv/Warnock should be around for another 4), and with the theory that Tall Defenders probably come on quicker than most (Riv won Rising Star don't forget), I think drafting a tall back in 2-3 years, gives them 2-3 years at Casey, meaning they are ready and raring to go in 5-6 years, just when Chip and CG are the old age of 28!!! That's also assuming McNamara doesn't come on, or as mentioned, an opposition tall back doesn't want to join us in the next few years.

Anyway, hopefully that has woken people up to my belief of list management for our backline.

But, about the OP, as previously mentioned, why would a Club want to get rid of a player who has been on their list for 1 season, just to take a bloke who could only get one game in a team that battled all year? Makes perfect sense to me...NOT. that said, I do think Maric has some potential, but just hasn't made the most of his opportunities when presented with them (although in his 1 game this year I thought he did pretty well). Maybe a change will do him good, and Richmond should be a club looking at him.

What do I want in return? 2 words...Robin Nahas. Just kidding! I'd want a draft pick, as I can't really see us getting a player (for Maric that is) that will be better than a fringe player straight up. I think their 2nd round pick might be a possibility seems that Addam went low 20's, but most likely scenario would involve more than 1 club, possibly Maaric to Richmond, Richmond's 2nd round pick to North, Hale to Melbourne. I don't think that is unreasonable, let's not forget, Hale isn't near the top of the Roos' ruck or forward division.

I didn't bother looking it up as I just wanted to put the thought in peoples minds to think over. Not to be specifically factual, so I guessed from my memory that he went in that region.

so your point is that a player we're struggling to get good footy out of because he's not happy nor comfortable, that was about pick 21, from about 3 years back in our system is still worth that pick.

And that when we could do with a young tall defender to develop, actually we need 2 or 3, And he's also related and a talented kid with a mature outlook, that he'sa not worth the chance.

I disagree with you.

But don't let me feed your attention seeking. You'll do better finding some one else to argue with.

I'm not here to seek attention, just for companionship & out of interest in the subject.

I don't wish argue with anyone, as for me it is not exhilarating but annoying. So please don't be argumentative with me. There's others who like it, seek them out.

So... You can't come up with a decent argument, and as a result you resort to character assassination.

Classy.

Again, I ask, based on what? His surname?

Dyland Grimes was left for the preseason draft, has done nothing of note so far, so why would you want him?

Because of his surname?

Granted Maric has not done much, but he has shown quite a bit more.

And he went at pick 21 for a reason, whether that potential has been fulfilled or not.

Now, going to dodge the question again..?

Guest hangon007

And he went at pick 21 for a reason, whether that potential has been fulfilled or not.

Are you making the assumption all picks 21 are the same. Some might say he went pick 21 because it was a weak draft and few from that draft around that range have come on.

2 18 Alex Rance Swan Districts Richmond - Struggling for a game

2 19 Callan Ward Western Jets Western Bulldogs - Looks Ok

2 20 Tony Notte Swan Districts West Coast - Delisted

2 21 Addam Maric Calder Cannons Melbourne

2 22 Scott Selwood Bendigo Pioneers West Coast - Ok (Edit)

2 23 Tayte Pears East Perth Essendon - Good

2 24 Clayton Hinkley North Ballarat Rebels Fremantle - Playing WAFL footy

2 25 Tom Collier Tassie Mariners Brisbane Lions - Look Ok

2 26 Brett Meredith Northern Knights Sydney - Pass

2 27 Andy Otten Oakleigh Chargers Adelaide - Injured, but looks Good

2 28 Marlon Motlop Wanderers Port Adelaide -

2 29 Brendan Whitecross Zillmere Hawthorn -

2 30 Jarrhan Jacky Subiaco Adelaide - Delisted

2 31 John McCarthy Dandenong Stingrays Collingwood - Pass

2 32 Levi Greenwood Port Adelaide Magpies Kangaroos - Average

2 33 Matthew Westhoff Central Districts Port Adelaide

2 34 Dawson Simpson Murray Bushrangers Geelong

Edited by hangon007

So... You can't come up with a decent argument, and as a result you resort to character assassination.

Classy.

Again, I ask, based on what? His surname?

Dyland Grimes was left for the preseason draft, has done nothing of note so far, so why would you want him?

Because of his surname?

Granted Maric has not done much, but he has shown quite a bit more.

Now, going to dodge the question again..?

Your an argumentative bugger aren't you E? Every thread seems to go to about 6 posts before you end up in an argument.

Or are you just trying to pot anyone after your Cameron Cloke effort?

Guest hangon007

* Scott Selwood is far from being delisted, to my knowledge.

Yip sorry got me Selwoods wrong - should read ok... so bloody many of them. However, point remains the same if you look at names after.

All drafts vary, pick 21 cannot be equated to another draft. Sometimes if it a deep draft pick 65 is better. You must compared players ability not where they where taken in a draft.