Clint Bartram

MrMoose

Other than '2 out on the full kicks' and a clanger, I thought Barty played a ripper today. His tackling was ferocious and he ran hard all day.

It must have been the fluoro boots he was wearing!

Considering there were lots who wanted (or still do want) to trade him, I reckon he has turned alot of of negative opinions around!

Well played, been good all year

We need small defenders

One of his best games, he has ever played..But gee ,needs some kicking coaching.

Been solid all year, besides last weeks performance on Balantyne he has really kept his opponents from damaging on the score board. Very important player to us.

last week yes and no, three goals that ballantyne kicked where not to do with him, a bail turnover, bruce turnover, aaron davey freekick and 50m penalty, and his other goal was just a ripper, i think bartram really kept him to 1 goal, if you get what i mean?

bottom line, i think bartram is nearly the most improved player at the club, his speed helps him to hold up opponents, although he does make a few errors with the kicking so does everyone else, so i dont think its too bigger issue.

Did I see him take something close to a speccie today too? His attack and shutdown game have never been questioned, but today his skills were really good too (aside from those couple of kicks mentioned). Terrific game.

Edited by TopCorner

Did I see him take something close to a speccie today too? His attack and shutdown game have never been questioned, but today his skills were really good too (aside from those couple of kicks mentioned). Terrific game.

the key for the improvement of some of our players is that the coaching staff have found the right position for them,so that they can make a really positive impact while playing to their strengths.

Dunn- defensive half forward

Bartram- small defender/stopper

Green- half forward, forward pocket

One of his best games, he has ever played..But gee ,needs some kicking coaching.

IMO, he's improving his kicking as he gets more confidant. I hope he keeps improving his disposal & cuts out those cute, playing with the boundaryline kicks. But, hey, out on the full down the line is better than a direct to the opposition kick.

Sometimes we seem to get more upset with a player kicking over the line, than a kick to the opps, defence sweeper.

See Frawley this afternoon, long & strait to a opp' backman, laceout.

Edited by dee-luded

Looked like his confidence grew with each successful passage of play. If he can develop an attacking side to his game, and reliable disposal, he may well remain a regular player in years to come. Goodluck to him, seems to have great character.

His defensive skills are amazing. He's the small version of Frawley defensively. A couple of things really impressed me today. McGlynn got the ball and ran straight at a stationary Bartram and tried to crunch through him and where most on our list would be brushed away Clint just took the tackle and got him. Also when Kirk got the ball from a handball over the top for what looked a certain goal and then bang out of nowhere Barts runs him down. Sensational

With his kicking - when he gets the ball he can spot up a short target 30m away and hit him pretty well. The other players just need to be aware of it. He also isn't a bad long kick to space. Obviously its the kick under pressure that needs to be precise that is his weekness.

Where does everyone think he will finish in our B&F. After playing every game besides round 1 so far I think he'd be around the bottom of the top 10.

Really liked how we played also. He reminded me of Jack Grimes the way he moved, ran back with the flight of the ball and provided much needed pace rebounding from our back line.

I always thought we needed to replace him after the Bulldogs match, but every match I'm beginning to see how awesome our back line is developing. With players like Frawley going up for the grab, Colin Garland and Rivers being spoil experts with Bartram and Grimes providing the run. Everything is coming together

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Just watched the replay and boy was that a good game from him. Just good, honest, hard football.

Great game Clint.

He has been good all year, Clint had a great first year in a run with tagging role, then badly broke his ankle, it took him over a year to get over it, then he had to cope with his father passing away. Also Bailey has been turned him into a small defender, a role he has had to get use to. He must improve his kicking, there were two howlers yesterday, if he can get this out of his game it would be great.

He tries his heart out for the club and I am a great fan of the underdog, he cops alot of s#@t on he from some "experts" on here.

Go Bart's :)

Possibly the best game he's ever played. Certainly the best I can remember. Does the shut down job week in, week out, and does it well. His kicking is at times atrocious, as evidenced by the 2 or 3 OOFs and some other missed passes, but his ferocity, aggression, hard running and McGlynn's lack of output made his day memorable.

I'm a Bartram doubter (read bagger), but I'm happy to congratulate him on a great game yesterday. Best display of his limited skills. Kicking was generally Ok but it is poor. Yes he is a great runner and we saw his great tackling yesterday.

Those who blamed others for Ballantynes goals last week, have obviously overlooked the goals he enabled other players opponents get throughout the year, eg, re look at Lakes goal that put the doggies in front. It was a Bartram fumble. Did you see the ball bounce off his chest 15 metres out in the recent game against the Bombers.

Apart from modest skills he suffers from one of Millers problems. His mind is slow and often confused. Those with good and quick minds take a mark and are off looking to create play. Bartram gets it, stops, looks, freezes, cann't trust his skills to pin point a sharp target so under pressure passes back as if to say, 'here you have a go'. It's quiet different than a creative switch.

80 odd games to come up with a really good one doesn't prove much yet. Play like he did this week and I'll be on board, but lets not get carried away in the pleasure of this win. There are a dozen young guns just waiting to bust into this super team. Some are going to go. Only that form can give him a chance of keeping him in.

Loved loved LOVED his game yesterday - still can't kick.

I've always said I can't fault his endeavour, and I still can't, but his disposal is still shocking and a liability.

He is definitely proving that he is worth keeping beyond this season, but I'm still a long way from being convinced he can contribute to a premiership winning team.

I'm not sure you can afford to have a player on the field where you can't let the ball get into his hands.

Yeah he kicked badly... I reckon he forgot how. It's not been his role this year. He's a shut-down player. When he gets the ball, I think he basically drops his head.

Not to worry. Against better sides he's back to his dour, no-frills best.