Clash jumper 2011

Guest Redleg_24

Clash Strip 2011  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be this ?

Melbourne_Clash-concept7.gif

am sure Clint wont mind..itsa cleaner effort than the one i did :)

Still reckon something along these lines but perhaps teh "New EMBLEM" in situ rather than the 'MFC" as shown here might be the goods,(as well as appropriate change for sponsors etc ) but only those who have seen the Emblem can make a judgement !! ( which would be ??)

I really like this one or a reverse colour blue - we have NO WHITE in our normal jumper.This looks great.

I really like this one or a reverse colour blue - we have NO WHITE in our normal jumper.This looks great.

other than the numbers !! ;)

I reckon its handy too JCB. It makes a statement.

I have checked out the position for all those like myself who are unsure on the position re "Clash Jumpers".

Excuse me those who already know the following.

The AFL decides when a "clash Jumper" will be worn.

The AFL has decreed that all clash jumpers must be predominately white!

All clubs with the exception of Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond have a mainly white jumper.

The other exception is Geelong, who's clash strip has more blue than the home jumper ( go figure).

Interetsing that the teams with a lot of black ( the hardest colour to see ) do not abide by the AFL decision.

No largely red jumpers will be considered.

So in our case we have to chose a design that is white with Red and Blue highlights.

The MFC will abide by the AFL directive, next year it will be white with additions similar to the MCC emblems etc.

I have in the last couple of hours experienced a "conversion on the road to Demascus".

I am all for the concept, what really anoys me is losing! if we had beat St Kilda on Sunday I would not have noticed the white jumper.

Like it or not we will have to get used to a predominately white jumper.

End of story.

Guest Redleg_24

I have checked out the position for all those like myself who are unsure on the position re "Clash Jumpers".

Excuse me those who already know the following.

The AFL decides when a "clash Jumper" will be worn.

The AFL has decreed that all clash jumpers must be predominately white!

All clubs with the exception of Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond have a mainly white jumper.

The other exception is Geelong, who's clash strip has more blue than the home jumper ( go figure).

Interetsing that the teams with a lot of black ( the hardest colour to see ) do not abide by the AFL decision.

No largely red jumpers will be considered.

So in our case we have to chose a design that is white with Red and Blue highlights.

The MFC will abide by the AFL directive, next year it will be white with additions similar to the MCC emblems etc.

I have in the last couple of hours experienced a "conversion on the road to Demascus".

I am all for the concept, what really anoys me is losing! if we had beat St Kilda on Sunday I would not have noticed the white jumper.

Like it or not we will have to get used to a predominately white jumper.

End of story.

That is how I read it too 'old dee'. Hence why I said in the OP, lose all thoughts of anything but a white jumper. Come up with ideas around white. We are going to have to deal with it. I am an Option 2 fan myself.

Guest Redleg_24

That is how I read it too 'old dee'. Hence why I said in the OP, lose all thoughts of anything but a white jumper. Come up with ideas around white. We are going to have to deal with it. I am an Option 2 fan myself.

Since the poll is tied atm between option 2 and option 6, I thought I would merge the two and see your reaction is 'Landers. As old dee has pointed out, the idea of getting a red jumper is pretty unlikely. So keep opinions to the white options for now.

If people are having trouble designing, or think designing is too hard, try reading this 'how to' from Big Footy - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660776

awaystrip14.png

I know it is revolving the record on the turntable yet again but I cant fathom for the life of me how anything isnt negotiable, esp given that they( AFL ) seem to have a set of guidelines which they then disregard when it suits. i.e ESs and Collingwood..and possibly Richmond.

I think if the powers that be at our beloved MFC can come up with a good and traditionally orientated jumper utilising our heritage inspired 'new' emblem on a red background then I think we need to sell it to the nongs at AFL house. If they ..the nongs are adamant about the red , though that seems strange given Essendons atempt at a clash jumper !!, then maybe we go with a predominantly dark blue with a red version of the emblem. etc...any thing..anything other than pajama-white...its just wrong....its just not Melbourne.

Again ...in business you learn....everything IS negotiable !!

Guest Redleg_24

then maybe we go with a predominantly dark blue with a red version of the emblem. etc...any thing..anything other than pajama-white...its just wrong....its just not Melbourne.

The all blue is where the AFL considers we clash with all these teams. They consider black and blue the same. It baffles the f... out of me as well mate. We played against these sides more 100+ years without this being an issue, why is it such a massive deal now? But any team with dark coloured backs on the jumper, they consider us to clash with. In particular, Adel, P.A., St Kilda, Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane, Freo, WCE...iTS ASTONISHING. Yet, as I have said before, no problem with Geelong and Collingwood? ha! That is worse that collingwood and North. Joke!

Guest hangon007

What I am looking from you is a constructive appraisal of the designs I have worked on over the last few weeks. At the end of the poll I will submitted the most popular two to the MFC marketing department for their consideration. I started a similar type thread a few years ago in regards to the Logo and submitted those ideas, many of which are incorporated in the 'as yet to be disclosed' logo. So the club does pay attention to the thoughts of its fans in respect of these issues.Also, if there is anyone out there who ishes to submit further ideas, I encourage you to do so.

Must confess I was splitting hairs with a few of your designs ... I liked a few.

I voted for option 4 ... because I thought it looked simple yet effected.

Interestingly both my daughters went for option 2 ... they preferred the red.

However, we all thought Option 5 was "too busy"

Hope thats what you want ... if not please just say & I will do my best.

Kind Regards

hangon007

Edited by hangon007

The all blue is where the AFL considers we clash with all these teams. They consider black and blue the same. It baffles the f... out of me as well mate. We played against these sides more 100+ years without this being an issue, why is it such a massive deal now? But any team with dark coloured backs on the jumper, they consider us to clash with. In particular, Adel, P.A., St Kilda, Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane, Freo, WCE...iTS ASTONISHING. Yet, as I have said before, no problem with Geelong and Collingwood? ha! That is worse that collingwood and North. Joke!

Guys I spoken to two people at the MFC this afternoon.

It will be a white jumper, AFL have decreed it so and we do not have the power to fight them.

We need them more than they need us. I am not trying to be rude but we had better get over it.

Pies and bombers have the power and do not comply.

When we have 50 000 members, have $5 million in the bank and won the last three flags we might fight it.

I should live that long!

Guest Redleg_24

It will be a white jumper, AFL have decreed it so and we do not have the power to fight them.

We need them more than they need us. I am not trying to be rude but we had better get over it.

When we have 50 000 members, have $5 million in the bank and won the last three flags we might fight it.

I should live that long!

Nail-on-head. Bang!

So in light of that, what do people want to see? Is everyone happy with the current design? Or, do you prefer some of the stuff I have posted, and other, that features, at least the V and colour more at the top of the jumper?

Edited by Redleg_24

Nail-on-head. Bang!

So in light of that, what do people want to see? Is everyone happy with the current design? Or, do you prefer some of the stuff I have posted, and other, that features, at least the V and colour more at the top of the jumper?

Option 6 is by far the best alternative strip I have seen.

Some gripes:

1) Those who want a red guernsey (I was one of you for a while there) need to understand that the AFL decides which teams we clash with, and they include Essendon and probably Brisbane. A red jumper doesn't cut it against them. The point of a clash jumper is to ensure that we have something to wear as the away team against all of the other 15 clubs. Last year we wore a red jumper a few times (e.g. Port Adelaide in Adelaide) as well as the white, but I reckon if we were going to use it this year we would have already in the Carlton game. So I reckon we've moved away from that idea.

2) When you make a poll on Demonland, please, please, please don't just select the 'Allow users to select multiple answers' button. In this case clearly the OP wants us to choose our favourite, yet we have the option of choosing all 7. Damn it annoys me.

If it has to be I guess it is option 6.

And I am sorry to harp on especially in light of the OP attempting to draw away from the argument but when discussing clash strips it is damn hard to hold one's tongue, especially when it comes to the AFL demanding things of some clubs but not others.

On the week of our first home game against Essendon in some time it is an apt time to state this because what will they be wearing this Sunday?

To me they are the only clear clash where I have difficulty distinguishing apart. I would go as far as to say that ESS/MELB is close to the biggest clash of all, yet Essendon are required to do absolutely naught about it.

Can the AFL not throw any sort of bone and at least let us and others come up with variations to approve? What was wrong with the red clash anyway....sorry to hijack redleg but it frustrates me no end.

The MCC would be proud of this little number I think!

mccdees.png

A little too Sweeney Tood for my liking !! lol

that would be this ?

Still reckon something along these lines but perhaps teh "New EMBLEM" in situ rather than the 'MFC" as shown here might be the goods,(as well as appropriate change for sponsors etc ) but only those who have seen the Emblem can make a judgement !! ( which would be ??)

Now that I can see the team wearing. Much better than the white rubbish.

that would be this ?

Lol, got one of these. We trained in them in the early to mid 90's. Red was the jumper the injured players wore!

Yeh I do The Emblem..I will post shortly..I thank you all for voting. Seems the poll is reflective of my choice as well. Soo good to see a lot of us are all on the same page.

I ask a few of you to observe the comments in the OP. Please leave all arguments about Essendon and Collingwood at the door. Please accept that white has been chosen. We can only work within the boundaries set by The Dictatorship that is the AFL. I HATE the white, but what I am hoping is that IF the MFC HAVE TO submit a white jumper, as was the directive last year, it will be one that reflects OUR JUMPER! Not a Bulldogs jumper or anything new age sh'it like Hawthorn, Adelaide, Brisbane (2008) have thrown up.

here is a Red one to get us started.

dees7.jpg

This is the one to get us started and finished. This IS IT!

I should live that long!

Tell Essendon that they must have white in their clash strip before i believe a fight is over.

Just remember the more you agree with this white strip FIASCO the harder it will be to oppose it in future.

The Supporters rule this club-NOT THE AFL.

Edited by why you little