• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Emblem

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picturing more of a "Coat of Arms" like the emblems HT posted.

I don't think it's too far fetched to mention the image of Aussie celebrating - I recall hearing Russel Howcroft talking about how

it is one of the most iconic and recognizable football images of the last 50 years and I tend to agree.

I think he compared it to the footy show logo. A bit like Jerry West on the NBA logo.

I'm picturing more of a "Coat of Arms" like the emblems HT posted.

I don't think it's too far fetched to mention the image of Aussie celebrating - I recall hearing Russel Howcroft talking about how

it is one of the most iconic and recognizable football images of the last 50 years and I tend to agree.

I think he compared it to the footy show logo. A bit like Jerry West on the NBA logo.

recognisable to melbourne supporters, but i can tell you now it means nothing to outsiders. I had a few friends who have seen my membership stickers ask why the hell we had Michael Jordan sillouettes in our membership stickers.

Guest Redleg_24

I think this is all a very positive step. I also think this proves without a shadow of a doubt that our marketing dept. have been reaading Land and 'Ology very closely. A thread was started last year on 'Ology which discussed the very topic of our logo and bringing back the demon. The ooverall sentiment was that our supporters wanted something traditional that represented the club and its history. The club have listened. If 'Ology had a search function I would find the Thread. If someone else is interested they may wish to pull it up. We made a lot of reference to having a logo similiar to that of ManU and the need to have it incorporated in a shield of some sort.

Glad you liked the thoughts Schwabby ;)

We have the only Team song that doesn't mention, the name of the club or mascot. May be a new chours. I am a purist however if you want to take our team to bigger markets the team song should mention the team. :rolleyes:

Melbourne The team of the red and the blue

Fremantle We Are The Freo Dockers

Port Adelaide Come on, Port Adelaide aggression

West Coast We're the Eagles

Adelaide We're the mighty Adelaide Crows

Really? You think those songs will attract supporters? We have the best song in the league. No way I'd be changing it.

Really? You think those songs will attract supporters? We have the best song in the league. No way I'd be changing it.

THE BEST song in the league!!! Really looking forward to this new emblem but NEVER should the song be changed and it wont!

"This heart beats true for the red and blue"!

I am hanging to see this new emblem.....anyone that can help...please dont keep it all to yourself :)!

It is amazing what this football club have done over the last 2-3 years.....Jim, Cam and Chris C are just red and blue through and through and you can see in everything they do and say that they bleed for the club as much as any player on the field.

I am 35 now and never in my time have I felt so connected to the club and so informed on a regular basis by these guys.

I'd suggest that they will release the new emblem around the time of the move to AAMI...wouldn't it be great to smash the pies on Q Bday, move to AAMI and release that new emblem all in the space of a week!!!!!

This fire is burning oh so brightly!!

Go DEES!

Like I said I am a purist, and I love our song. This issue has been raised by a few other supporters I know, that our song does not mention, the name of the club or mascot. The second chorus

Oh, the team played fine in the year Thirty-nine,

We're the Demons that no one can lick, lick, lick

And you'll find us there at the final bell

With the spirit of Twenty-six, six, six.

It is a bit out dated and hardly sung, All I suggested was MAYBE a new chorus in line with a new image.

Guest Redleg_24

In addition to the EPL and Barcelona Emblems I posted above, I wonder if any of these would be incorporated in the new design: -

Frst few. not the last I reckon ; )

In addition to the EPL and Barcelona Emblems I posted above, I wonder if any of these would be incorporated in the new design: -

Found this interesting

I Love the 1920's and the 1930's logo's any one of these incorperated would look fantastic. I really hope when they launch this logo they create a new fashionable and casual line of apparel, simular too jaded's (i think) designs at the start of the year. I am always on the look out for new MFC apparel but the new stuff out is average at best IMO.

Guest Redleg_24

I Love the 1920's and the 1930's logo's any one of these incorperated would look fantastic. I really hope when they launch this logo they create a new fashionable and casual line of apparel, simular too jaded's (i think) designs at the start of the year. I am always on the look out for new MFC apparel but the new stuff out is average at best IMO.

Won't get much better if New Balance is the new apparel sponsor. Average apparel at best. It is soemthing that all AFL clubs do realy poorly. I don't like American sports that much, but when it comes to apparel, we should be looking at there stuff. Kills any AFL merchandise. AFL merch is for tacky bogans!!

Guest Redleg_24

Thread on 'ology entitled "What becomes of the Demon" - suggest you guys have a look at it. In case you are wondering where this 'emblem' idea came from.

recognisable to melbourne supporters, but i can tell you now it means nothing to outsiders. I had a few friends who have seen my membership stickers ask why the hell we had Michael Jordan sillouettes in our membership stickers.

Just because your friends are either bad comedians or ignorant...

It's like not knowing who that is on the footy show logo.

In terms of the coat of arms suggestion, I'm wondering since we are such an old club, have we ever had a motto like St Kilda's 'Fortius Quo Fidelius'?

I think we must.

And I can't conceive the emblem not referencing our many premiership wins also.

I think that is one thing lost on a lot of opposition or neutral supporters - how strong we once were.

If the current administration had any idea at all (which i know they do) they would be harassing..pushing...pleading with New Balance to work with them to come up with some brilliant merchandise. New Balance has not cracked into any of the football markets so i'm sure they are going to be making a major push to position themself as the elite sportswear brand.

The current Reebok range does not make me want to go out and buy anything and if we are going to be the only club with an alliance with NB then they should come up with a range of products not dissimilar to one of our posters efforts a little while ago when they came up with an entire clothing range.

One thing i would love to have is a NB hoodie along the lines of the North Melbourne hoodie with NMFC on the front. I have seen a few of those around town!

Guest Redleg_24

they should come up with a range of products not dissimilar to one of our posters efforts a little while ago when they came up with an entire clothing range.

Ox05 - I must have missed the thread where this was discussed. Can you or someone else direct me to it please?

I am hanging to see this new emblem.....anyone that can help...please dont keep it all to yourself :)!

It is amazing what this football club have done over the last 2-3 years.....Jim, Cam and Chris C are just red and blue through and through and you can see in everything they do and say that they bleed for the club as much as any player on the field.

I am 35 now and never in my time have I felt so connected to the club and so informed on a regular basis by these guys.

I'd suggest that they will release the new emblem around the time of the move to AAMI...wouldn't it be great to smash the pies on Q Bday, move to AAMI and release that new emblem all in the space of a week!!!!!

Go DEES!

Well Demon Jack 16 I am considerably older than 35 and I feel exactly the same. I feel the club is in the best hands in all the years I have followed the red and the blue.

Do we have to look any further than our President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems only yesterday since I thought we were about to turn into the "West Sydney Demons"

I hope I am around to see Jimmy lift the cup on the last saturday in September, 44 years is along time between drinks.

Go DEES!

I totally agree. The MFC feels like a real Football club now. Not just the shell of past glories.

This club is building again to make New History, that i hope will span over decades.

Jim Stynes will be remembered in years to come in the same way Norm Smith is.

I totally agree. The MFC feels like a real Football club now. Not just the shell of past glories.

This club is building again to make New History, that i hope will span over decades.

Jim Stynes will be remembered in years to come in the same way Norm Smith is.

Here Here and Rightly so. i don't know if its just us on Demonland/Demonolgy that feel more connected too our footy club because of the direction & approach the club has taken, as we discuss every topic and aspect possible. But even if i were not a mad passionate supporter just a follower i think i would still feel more for the club than ever, may even become a more passionate as a result!

Ox05 - I must have missed the thread where this was discussed. Can you or someone else direct me to it please?

Have a look here and here and here.

Btw, links inside those threads point to the old demonland server.

To fix anything like that, click on the link (it will fail) but then change the start of url from http://forums.demonland.com/ to http://demonland.com/forums/

Edit: Hmm. Looks like the link for the final cut images has expired... Jaded, do you have a new link for us ? :)

Edited by Trident

Like I said I am a purist, and I love our song. This issue has been raised by a few other supporters I know, that our song does not mention, the name of the club or mascot. The second chorus

Oh, the team played fine in the year Thirty-nine,

We're the Demons that no one can lick, lick, lick

And you'll find us there at the final bell

With the spirit of Twenty-six, six, six.

It is a bit out dated and hardly sung, All I suggested was MAYBE a new chorus in line with a new image.

PLEASE don't touch the song.... :o